XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

06-19-2019, 04:16 PM   #1
geniel
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5

E70 Android NAV CIC Retrofit Problem

Mine is 2013 X5 35i

Could any experts please help on following my problem?

1. Purchased YUEMAIN Android 8.1 DVD & NAV Unit(CIC) form Aliexpress
2. DIY Installed per YouTube of 4X4 Shop Canada

After installation, Retrofit product seemed to work fine but following problems of other units came up.

1. No power of Climate control unit (below AC Vent)
2. No power of buttons below Radio(ParkDistanceControl+DTC+HillDescent+TailGate +Sideview)
3. Telescope not Working
4. Warning sign of DSC 4X4
5. Engine cooling fan running and never stopped.

I thought it could be simple fuse problem due to no powers of some center console units, but BMW mechanic fixed by restore original NAV with following advice.

- The installed aftermarket display branded "ISUDAR" is not compatible with this model X5 which utilizes a BUS System to communicate with the auto climate control. This resulted in no communication from the CID to the IHKA(Auto AC Control Module) causing the AC electrical to shup off and the cooling fan to stay running. It was noticed that the connections of the back of aftermarket display did not support the type of system in this X5 model, rather previous versions that included model years 2007~2010.

They said, my model is specific latest model of E70 just before BMW moved to F15, so that the provided harness not support full functions.

I also discussed the diagnosis with seller, but they didn't recognize such technical problems and specific harness for my model.

I wasted around $400 of aftermarket NAV(currently on credit card claiming) and repair cost of $350.

Did anyone have same problems?
Any suggestion such problems could be fixed?
Any suggestion of professional installation shop on southern California?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 03:47 AM   #2
import_junkie
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 48i

Sorry to hear that this happened. After everything was all up and you was happy then boom it began to fail. I hope that someone has a solution in which you can still use it.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 10:13 AM   #3
BimmerMario
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i, BMW X5

I have the same vehicle E70 X5 2013 and I have had the same issue with the upgrade to and Android unit 12.3”
I contacted the supplier and they are working on a solution.
I’ll update once I have more information
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 03:34 PM   #4
BimmerMario
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i, BMW X5

I haven’t had any luck with the vendor for this YANSHU equipment. They tried different configurations and settings but the clime control unit still not working.
I removed the unit and working on return while I try to look for a fix.
Any recommendations to fix this clime control unit?
Much appreciated…
Appreciate 0