XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

05-13-2023, 09:14 AM   #1
JB34
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i Touring

Kamikaze Zipang

Hi, has anybody coated their car with Kamikaze Zipang as opposed to Gtechniq? I have had several cars coated with Gtechniq but my detailer has also started to use Kamikaze Zipang.

I would be grateful for anybody thoughts on Kamikaze Zipang.

Thanks
JB
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2023, 09:54 AM   #2
Nettles
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i

Kamikaze has always been top tier. If your detailer used gtechniq as well they seem like they know what they are doing.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2023, 10:15 AM   #3
Pheonix
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe 2012 e93 M3

Garage List
2007 BMW/Z4MC  [0.00]
I don't know much about GTECHNIQ coatings but my buddy is a professional detailer and Kamikaze is one of his favorite coating line of Products.
He helped me restore my Z4M Coupe and we coated it Miyabi and Zipang. Definitely brought out the Metallic and made the finish much deeper/glossing.
The most important steps with Ceramic coating is the preps. We spent a bit over a week to restore the neglected paint but we'll worth it. On a side note, you could clearly see the Aero Sideskirts were not very good match with the original paint even it was done by a very reputable shop.
Also, you could prolong the life of the coatings with sacrificial coating like Kamikaze Overcoat or Polish Angel after every 4-6 washes.
Good luck.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1