XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > X5 Photo/Video/Audio Gallery

11-15-2022, 06:43 PM   #1
Chrisnytx
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5  [10.00]
M Sport

Greetings,

This is my first BMW ever!

It is a 2013 M sport with the third row and rear air bag delete. It has a N55 and a bunch of options.

I am really satisfied with my purchase and I am happy to be a member of this forum!

Please let me know what wheels or modifications you would do. So far, I am happy with it but wish it had better fitment
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      11-26-2022, 08:22 AM   #2
Deebo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 ZCP

Congrats on the pickup! These E70 M Sports have aged so well IMO.

Wheel options are endless, I am curious how a set of forged monoblocks in 21-22” would affect the overall performance- the OEM wheels are extremely heavy, you could drop probably 20 lbs of rotating mass per corner.

I’m starting with the H&R 1.2” kit and spacers, should do nicely until the tires wear out and I have an excuse to buy new wheels 👍
Appreciate 1
      11-28-2022, 03:39 PM   #3
Chrisnytx
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5  [10.00]
Sounds good! I was considering lowering it and adding spacers for now until I can figure out what wheels I want to go with.

I definitely going with a forged Monoblock option. I don't want to deal with cracks or bent wheels due to cheap materials

Let me know what size spacers you end up going with. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Best of luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2022, 01:23 PM   #4
Chrisnytx
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5  [10.00]
Update:

I went camping with the E70 out in Garner State park this last weekend. I was able to fold down the third row and fit everything I needed. It went up and down the hills with no issues and I was able to watch a movie on the infotainment system.

Definitely recommend taking yours out on a weekend trip!

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-29-2022, 09:27 PM   #5
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Great place, I've been at that same spot many times. Your X looks great!
      11-30-2022, 01:41 PM   #6
Chrisnytx
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5  [10.00]
Thank you so much!!

I had so much fun with it over there and it wasn't too bad of a drive. It only took 3/4 of a tank to get there from downtown Houston.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 01:45 PM   #7
Chrisnytx
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5  [10.00]
I just checked out your profile. Love your E70. It looks great!

That infotainment upgrade looks amazing! How do you like it? I was considering upgrading mine but I love having my directions in my HUD
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 10:04 AM   #8
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnytx View Post
I just checked out your profile. Love your E70. It looks great!

That infotainment upgrade looks amazing! How do you like it? I was considering upgrading mine but I love having my directions in my HUD
The infotainment is a love/disappointment relationship...but it's obviously worth it to me or else I'd remove it.

FWIW:

If you were to just use it for displaying the oem menu options the only isses would be 1) Screen is glossy and reflects everything, 2) the auto brightness feature doesn't work so well. Because of the screen reflections I tend to have the brightness maxed out, but when night falls the monitor illuminates your whole interior...causing you to manually go through the menus to reduce brightness...resulting in your need to do that all over again when it's day.

Bottom line, it's beta. You have numerous similar issues on the android side just like the one I describe above...easy enough to overcome, but sometimes annoying.

My pet peeves: 1) W/o paying for a cellular component to the monitor my time seems to always start at 4a. I can reset, but next vehicle start I'm back at 4am. 2) No carplay audio if you're using a DAC, it's either the DAC (alac music files) or the streaming music through carplay from your phone. 3) Some sophisticated apps (like music players) don't play well with the android system in this monitor. Intermittent bugs, etc. It may be that I'm pushing the envelope with a DAC setup and it wasn't specifically intended to be used solely with a DAC. I can switch between DAC and no-DAC as I have both cables routed to center console, I just swap the aux input cable to desired, again it's just extra work. And sometimes I feel like an airline pilot as I try to prep my music for the drive...if I stop for any reason, I have some minor setup to do and it doesn't automatically start where I left off. Lastly, anyone else behind the driver seat will be totally lost will not know the nuances of how to get music playing (so wife drives in silence :-/).

When I have alac music files playing through the DAC it is amazing (esp. with B&W upgrade), far better than the Individual oem side audio...so I stick with it.

HOPEFULLY there are solutions that I've yet to discover OR these minor issues are fixed on new generation models.
      12-05-2022, 01:35 PM   #9
Chrisnytx
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5  [10.00]
wow! Thanks for the review.

I think I am going to Stick to the OEM set up.I rather not deal with those issues. I like the OEM set up. Might just upgrade the audio and call it a day !

Thanks for the review.
Appreciate 0