XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-07-2018, 05:08 PM   #23
jellish
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6M

I'm only familiar with google maps. I know you can embed maps with turn-by-turn directions with the javascript maps SDK. I'm not sure if you can get a perspective style view like the above though. Personally since you have navigation through the center console and on the HUD already, I would work on getting maps in the gauge cluster last. The speedo/tach/gauges/indicators are far more critical (and wanted) for most people.

The other part will be getting a good looking integration of hardware. If it doesn't look similar to a stock cluster, nobody is going to use it in these cars.
      02-07-2018, 09:35 PM   #24
RichardR0404
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuroclast View Post
I'm only familiar with google maps. I know you can embed maps with turn-by-turn directions with the javascript maps SDK. I'm not sure if you can get a perspective style view like the above though. Personally since you have navigation through the center console and on the HUD already, I would work on getting maps in the gauge cluster last. The speedo/tach/gauges/indicators are far more critical (and wanted) for most people.

The other part will be getting a good looking integration of hardware. If it doesn't look similar to a stock cluster, nobody is going to use it in these cars.
I am working on it now. First I will just use regular 2d graphic and see how's the result turns out.
Name:  Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 8.34.28 PM.png
Views: 682
Size:  163.0 KB
Appreciate 1
jellish102.50
      06-30-2019, 03:43 PM   #25
gamesfrager
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Any updates on this?
I'm working on a very similar project too, I got the BMW iDrive controller act as a HID/remote device for Android.

This seem like the perfect software to combine with the hardware setup I have. See https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1502142

I have bought an F30 broken iDrive display and planning on using it to house the 6.5" LCD I got. If I do manage to find same LCD but with wider aspect ratio; it would be an easy update.

Also, if interested, I have the assets for the iDrive interface extracted from my father's 7 series, since the control tabled at the rear is just a Samsung table. So I was able to copy over the APK launcher and extract all assets from it.
Let me know and I'll share it.

Keep up the good work.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2021, 02:21 PM   #26
romanqwert1
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw x6

Good day. Good project dashboard lsd, it's a pity that they abandoned it, don't wake up again, at the moment no one is doing this project ????
Appreciate 0