XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-31-2018, 01:24 PM   #1
christianfayb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F85

Totally stumped with 2 fault codes

Guys, I'm totally stumped. I have a 2011 E70 35i. About 109k miles. All stock. N55 engine

About two weeks ago my belt shredded while driving. I was about a mile from home so I kept driving. First thing to go was Power Steering and then about a minute later tons of codes came up. 17 to be exact. I used Carly for BMW to pull the codes.

I replaced the belt this week and all but 2 codes went away. So I started troubleshooting. Through various tips from my tech friend at the local dealer (20 years exp), I replaced the MAP sensors (one on the intake manifold and the other connected to the throttle body). I replaced the one on the intake manifold because when I pulled it out, it was cracked. I replaced the one near the TB because thought maybe I messed it up when I was cleaning various areas with brake cleaner fluid. I also cleaned the MAF sensor with the right cleaner on the air intake.

Through my troubleshooting I periodically pulled codes to get some history and see which codes stuck around. At one point, I had codes for each cylinder misfire. I cleared the code and it hasn't come back. The only symptom is a rough idle. Codes never come back while driving. Only after start up.

I've all but given up and I feel like I need to take it to the dealer. I did check the crank case since I read horror stories of a belt shredded on N54 engines and the belt shreds getting sucked in and bits getting tied up with the timing chain and in the oil pan.

Any tips would help. Crank seal looks intact so that's good. I'm totally stumped. So is my tech unless I take it to the dealer where he works. Trying to save that money. I am going to check the Charge Pipe and possible remove the Throttle Body all together and clean that tonight.

codes:
View post on imgur.com

Last edited by christianfayb; 01-31-2018 at 01:33 PM..
Appreciate 0