XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

04-03-2019, 02:11 PM   #1
BDO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 40d M-sport

E71 X6 M50d... in 2019?

I've recently become obsessed with an idea of a X6 M50d... unfortunately it's the E71 model, and not the current one, that I am looking at.

I absolutely love the exterior, and have lusted after it ever since it came out. I don't know, however, whether I'll be able to live with the interior, as it is a generation older than my current daily (F13 6 series)...and the interior is where you spend most of the time.

What's your take on this - would one of the last 2014 E71 X6 M50d be a good buy now, when the third gen is almost out, or is the tech etc too old by now?

Also, any comments on the reliability of the N57 in the M50d trim?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2019, 05:52 AM   #2
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
What aspect of the interior are you talking about? As far as comfort goes, I miss the seats in my E71s sooo much. They were so comfortable. The thigh and side bolsters were better, the head rest adjusted up and down.

I also liked the center console in the rear which is no longer available. I don't usually have back seat passengers and like it that way

The control/dash layout in the F16/86 is a bit different, not sure if it's better. The side view mirrors are now smaller and odd shaped. The big mirrors were better for actually seeing.
      04-06-2019, 05:47 PM   #3
jeronbernal
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 E71 X6M

Well, i'm not sure if its the same as the X6M, but in the E71 there is no blind spot assist, and the user interface of the CIC is slower compared the NBT.

the little knob feels outdated to me..

I drove a rental x3 3.5 while they were repairing my X6M, and when i got back in the X6M, it felt a little outdated as for the screen mostly, and i liked how the newer X's parking assist radar turns on automatically, with the E71, if you want parking assist you have to press a button, or throw it in reverse real quick. i accidentally tapped my garages wall on my front bumper because i was expecting to hear a "beep beep beep" from the radar.

newer gen cars radar is automatic i believe under 20mph or 10mph something like that.

Other than that, most of everything is fine, if youre worried about entertainment, i mainly use carplay through the Unichip Carplay module for my X6m E71.

Seats felt more comfortable in the E71 to me

as i said, biggest gripes.. no auto park assist radar, slower CIC and ugly HUD, no blind spot assist.
Appreciate 0