XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum
 
TireRack





Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-18-2019, 01:32 AM   #23
m5james
Lieutenant Colonel
m5james's Avatar
United_States
299
Rep
1,899
Posts

Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Marysville, WA

iTrader: (0)

I've posted this on another thread but NGK suggests 1 step for every 75-100hp added. I got schooled by the M5 guys (they've been pushing the limits of the S63TU farther than we can with the S63), but I've also since that post gone two steps colder since going from a stage 2+ flash only at the time to having added intake, downpipes, JB4 and meth injection.

At only 3psi more, I'd say one step colder at most otherwise you run the risk of fouling plugs. BMS did have the best price on plugs at the time I ordered, FYI.
Attached Images
 
__________________
'10 BMW X5///M - Alpine White on Sakhir Orange - JB4 w/ HCP Stage 2 BEF, NGK 97506 @ .20, SS tubing & BMC filters, gutted cats, AC Forged 312 22's, H&R 2"
'98 BMW 740iL - ///E39 M5 6spd swap, fully built engine (sleeved, P&P, cams), 3.46 LSD, H&R Stage 2/Bilstein HD, Magnaflow 14816's
'97 BMW 328ci - ///E36 M3 clutch & L/W flywheel, Z4///M 18's
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 08:43 AM   #24
Sophisticated Redneck
Private First Class
72
Rep
155
Posts

Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: AZ

iTrader: (0)

I have over 30,000 miles on the NGK 97506's at stock 50i boost levels (I originally was going to install a JB4) without any issues and both my turbos seals are shot as noted by the nice wet oily residue coating the inside of intercoolers and inside the turbo inlet ports. I think they are pretty hard to foul or I would have been plauged with misfire codes and haven't had one since new eldor coils and these plugs and I flog the engine daily...
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 06:20 PM   #25
Dawgz
E39 M5, E70 X5M
18
Rep
81
Posts

Drives: E70 2013 X5M
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
I've posted this on another thread but NGK suggests 1 step for every 75-100hp added. I got schooled by the M5 guys (they've been pushing the limits of the S63TU farther than we can with the S63), but I've also since that post gone two steps colder since going from a stage 2+ flash only at the time to having added intake, downpipes, JB4 and meth injection.

At only 3psi more, I'd say one step colder at most otherwise you run the risk of fouling plugs. BMS did have the best price on plugs at the time I ordered, FYI.


Thank you, so 5992 are indeed one step colder. Ok cool
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 06:22 PM   #26
Dawgz
E39 M5, E70 X5M
18
Rep
81
Posts

Drives: E70 2013 X5M
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
I have over 30,000 miles on the NGK 97506's at stock 50i boost levels (I originally was going to install a JB4) without any issues and both my turbos seals are shot as noted by the nice wet oily residue coating the inside of intercoolers and inside the turbo inlet ports. I think they are pretty hard to foul or I would have been plauged with misfire codes and haven't had one since new eldor coils and these plugs and I flog the engine daily...
Wow....so time for new turbos, rebuild?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 10:24 PM   #27
Sophisticated Redneck
Private First Class
72
Rep
155
Posts

Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: AZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgz View Post
Wow....so time for new turbos, rebuild?
I rebuilt the wastegates some 20k miles ago but skipped the seals as I could only find cheap eBay rebuild kits...with 144,000 miles on them, I figured I would just get new turbos as not rebuilt as o found new units for only 1000 each vs 800 for rebuilt. Something to be said about having new diverter valves and wastegates actuators that came with it....The car runs and drives great still as it is but I want to push it with the JB4 and worn turbos leaking oil in it the combustion with really drop the octane level and reduce how much I can push it. Now just need some time so I can put in the new downpipes and turbos...works a monster right now...the Irony of life.....finally making enough to buy Toys but no time to play....
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:24 PM   #28
Dawgz
E39 M5, E70 X5M
18
Rep
81
Posts

Drives: E70 2013 X5M
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
I rebuilt the wastegates some 20k miles ago but skipped the seals as I could only find cheap eBay rebuild kits...with 144,000 miles on them, I figured I would just get new turbos as not rebuilt as o found new units for only 1000 each vs 800 for rebuilt. Something to be said about having new diverter valves and wastegates actuators that came with it....The car runs and drives great still as it is but I want to push it with the JB4 and worn turbos leaking oil in it the combustion with really drop the octane level and reduce how much I can push it. Now just need some time so I can put in the new downpipes and turbos...works a monster right now...the Irony of life.....finally making enough to buy Toys but no time to play....

Lol ya that's how it usually turns out.

What about pureturbo stage 1?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST