XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

07-16-2018, 12:27 PM   #1
Smonkbmw
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2013 x5 m57

Garage List
2013 BMW x5 35d  [0.00]
N55 JB Stage 1 oddities

2013 n55 car.
Picked it up used off a forum member here on a good deal.
Initial hook up I plugged all 4 wires in. Car ran amazing but shortly after I get a CEL, Carly says wastegate malfunction. I unhook the wastegate wire off the JB and all is good.
Car has ran for 2-3 weeks with no issues, runs out pretty well actually.
Three days ago cutting through some corners in BFE and I get "dsc/4x4 system malfunction power reduced......." I have zero power, as in wouldn't even get me off the road power. Shut the car off, sit for 2-3 minutes, turn back on everything clears back to haulin. Put almost 100 miles on the car, sat overnight even. Yesterday I get the same issue.
Thankfully I have a family member at the local dealer and he plugged in and didn't really get any substantial codes?!
There was one for diverted valve stuck.
One for MAF Values. Again nothing substantial to cause such a failure.
So for the time being I unplugged what I believe is the IAT sensor on the back side of the motor/firewall from the JB to see how it goes for the next few days.
Just curious how others have ran their JBs and any issues?
Appreciate 0