XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > X5 Photo/Video/Audio Gallery

05-17-2018, 02:56 PM   #683
ctjibber
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5 guy View Post
...For camber your settings will be off by a half degree from front to rear unless you get the oem -.5 camber arms. The only other way to combat this is with Powerflex's eccentric rear camber bolts. They allow more rear camber adjustment than stock.

So simply put, if you use my KW settings in height and shock, you will be at -1.5 front and -2 rear. If you want -2 front, get the oem camber arm. If you want -1.5 rear get the Powerflex rear camber bolts.
Guys, what specific rear camber bolts are we looking for for? 14mm? I also came across these which look to include bolts already in a new arm. Any suggestions?

I have KWs arriving tomorrow with all the Powerflex bushings and front oem -.5 upper arms already in hand. I plan to run my factory 20s with this setup and most likely some spacers once dialed in.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2018, 04:14 PM   #684
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Those look great. Do you think the 4" would have fit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5 guy View Post
Mod update:

Over the weekend I had my exhaust tips replaced on the stock system to give it a more aggressive look. I plan on getting an exhaust next year sometime but wanted the look for now. I began researching what was available on the forum here and was able to find two companies that offered a tip solution though none of them mentioned anything about a X5M.

The goal was to get some 90mm tips. I also had to measure the outlet pipes on the oem muffler, which comes out to 2.5 inches. So with 2.5 outlet and 90mm tips as my goal I began looking. This where www.dimisatips.com came into play. It seems that a lot of the 335i e90 guys get these tips and almost all of the feedback I've read was positive. Plus the e90 335i's have an oem exhaust outlet of 2.5, so fitment would be perfect. I also liked the fact they are made here in the USA and made to order. So I went ahead and took a risk and bought two pairs off of their site. I purchased the silver v3.5's. They also offer a 102mm (4 inches), but I wasn't too sure if they would fit or not. These tips have an inlet of 2.25, which is perfect as they can be flared open just enough to slip over the oem outlet for a nice weld. Took a little over two weeks to get after I placed my order. They came in Friday and I had them installed Saturday.

Tips:

On the rack:

Measure twice cut once:

Lowered ready for surgery:

Point of no return:

One down. Proper measuring insured that the valves worked perfectly fine after.

The end of the world:

Now we are getting somewhere:

I chose not to shorten the length of the tips as I plan to get the vorsteiner diffuser soon and don't want the tips to look sunk.

Two on:

Nice and level:

All four:

I also recently installed the oem front cf lip and had the lower part of the bumper wrapped in gloss black vinyl to compliment. Horrible iphone pic:
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0