XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-09-2010, 05:40 PM   #89
diverdown75
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X5M

Seriously, you have to give up the secret on the smoked tail lights.... I want to do it also.. it would look SICK on my black one.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 02:30 PM   #90
VTGT
Private
Rep
Drives: Subaru

Bumping up your thread to see if there are any updates to either your X5 M or GT-R.

I am in the midst of getting a 2006-2007 M5, and I would love to add an X5 M for winter driving tasks like snow boarding, and add a GT-R for weekend/track driving in 2 or 3 years.

Any other advice on the M5? You pretty much stated it is a nice balance of most of the cars you have owned but does not excel in any one category, which confirms my decision of having an M5 as a daily for a big dude like me (6'4 over 200 lbs)
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2010, 10:05 AM   #91
VTGT
Private
Rep

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 09:01 PM   #92
racer m
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M, Alpina B7, E92 M3, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by KmanOz View Post
@ Racer M

Dude how did you smoke the rear lights? Is it something you did yourself or did you have it done professionally?

Wanna do the same to mine cause they look awesome.

Cheers

Kman
Thanks. They were painted by BBI Autosport in Huntington Beach, CA. Give them a call if you are in the area, ask for Betim or Joey they will hook you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAREK69 View Post
Also does anyone know of a reputable tunner that offers a nice sports or racing exhaust for the X5M
like Tubi, hamman, hartge, supersprint?
Any suggestions?
Currently, as far as I know nobody has a product finished and for sale yet. However, a tuner I work with in the Los Angeles area is in the process of building one for mine (Gintani Motorsports www.gintani.com). I will post pics and dyno results once the install is complete!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTGT View Post
Bumping up your thread to see if there are any updates to either your X5 M or GT-R.

I am in the midst of getting a 2006-2007 M5, and I would love to add an X5 M for winter driving tasks like snow boarding, and add a GT-R for weekend/track driving in 2 or 3 years.

Any other advice on the M5? You pretty much stated it is a nice balance of most of the cars you have owned but does not excel in any one category, which confirms my decision of having an M5 as a daily for a big dude like me (6'4 over 200 lbs)
I just picked up my GTR from BBI Autosport yesterday with a few new mods. We had been building a 6 point roll bar for a while now which was finalized and finished with a matte silver coat. We removed the rear seats and installed modified PasswordJDM dry carbon rear seat delete inserts. A custom made alcantara headliner in charcoal that wraps around all pillars (including the sun visors) was installed, the grip portions of the steering wheel and E brake handle as well. BBI fabricated an under-chassis mounted transmission cooler after testing a set of Pagid track/street mixture pads on the track with minimal results we elected to go with a full race pad. Both will be tested soon on track when the rainstorms that started this morning stop later on this week. I will post some pics soon.

Advice on the M5: don't buy one, get an X5M instead.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 04:37 PM   #93
I'm back
...Confused
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 e92 335d sedan

Hey there guys,

I personally don't own any BMW. Heck, not even a German car, hahahaha.
However, I do enjoy reading the posts and Racer M, you indeed have a sweet collection of cars!

Subscribing to see pics/progress.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 09:35 PM   #94
ScubaRider
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5M

How do u like your passport 9500ci? I am trying to decide which one i would get for my x5m. thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 11:12 AM   #95
x5m mofo
Registered
Rep
Drives: x5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaRider View Post
How do u like your passport 9500ci? I am trying to decide which one i would get for my x5m. thanks
I have that in my AMG. It's the bomb.

As for this thread, let's just say I love it, and I'm totally SUBSCRIBED!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 10:36 PM   #96
VTGT
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer m View Post
Thanks. They were painted by BBI Autosport in Huntington Beach, CA. Give them a call if you are in the area, ask for Betim or Joey they will hook you up

Currently, as far as I know nobody has a product finished and for sale yet. However, a tuner I work with in the Los Angeles area is in the process of building one for mine (Gintani Motorsports www.gintani.com). I will post pics and dyno results once the install is complete!

I just picked up my GTR from BBI Autosport yesterday with a few new mods. We had been building a 6 point roll bar for a while now which was finalized and finished with a matte silver coat. We removed the rear seats and installed modified PasswordJDM dry carbon rear seat delete inserts. A custom made alcantara headliner in charcoal that wraps around all pillars (including the sun visors) was installed, the grip portions of the steering wheel and E brake handle as well. BBI fabricated an under-chassis mounted transmission cooler after testing a set of Pagid track/street mixture pads on the track with minimal results we elected to go with a full race pad. Both will be tested soon on track when the rainstorms that started this morning stop later on this week. I will post some pics soon.

Advice on the M5: don't buy one, get an X5M instead.
My budget is in the mid to upper 30's from a manheim exotic Auction

So my options are 2008 M3, 2006/7 M5, 2007 Audi S6, 2007 Audi RS4 and I suppose 2006 911 C4S or just S, or 2007-2008 Cayman (not sure if I would fit).

The car will be a daily driver for about 4 months then be pleasure car, with a few road trips thrown in.

No need to thread jack. If you want to take this offline PM me.

Thanks for the insight.

I cannot wait to see updated pictures!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 01:05 AM   #97
VTGT
Private
Rep

^Would you recommend the 08 m3 over an 06 m5^

I may go to the auction tomorrow, but curious what your opinion is on the M5? Reasons not to buy one?

Bumping up your thread.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 03:51 PM   #98
TAREK69
Rep
Drives: 2009 750LI, 2009 X5 3.0si, X5M

Both fantastic cars no doubt... I am assuming you are talking about the current V8 M3?
Well its a great car, but what makes it truely fantastic is the double clutch gear box...so if it has a double clutch gear box and not the normal 6 speed its a definate 100% over the M5 as the M5 only has the rough SMG F1 style gear box which is a pain to drive really... plus the M5 will be replaced end of this year/ early next year..so M3...
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2010, 01:40 PM   #99
VTGT
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAREK69 View Post
Both fantastic cars no doubt... I am assuming you are talking about the current V8 M3?
Well its a great car, but what makes it truely fantastic is the double clutch gear box...so if it has a double clutch gear box and not the normal 6 speed its a definate 100% over the M5 as the M5 only has the rough SMG F1 style gear box which is a pain to drive really... plus the M5 will be replaced end of this year/ early next year..so M3...
Well the M5 can be had in Manual although the clutch would need to be upgraded since its essentially from the E39

We will see what happes

/done thread jacking unless racer has some input
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 03:46 AM   #100
PS
Registered
Rep
Drives: X 5

Hi Racer M,

Really beautiful car and great taste with the mod.

If you change the wheels, what about the run flat tires that comes as a standard? Will it still be usable?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 05:42 PM   #101
Hustler001
Iran
Rep
Drives: X5 4.8i 2008, porsche gts 2008

Nice 5*

plz post a video from that 555hp exhaust sound
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2010, 01:57 AM   #102
racer m
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

hey guys. first of all i just want to say thank you so much for all the props! it means a lot to me as a fellow enthusiast who is obsessed with cars as much as the worst of them.

unfortunately i have no update on my X5M yet. my GTR has been in surgery for a while now (turbo upgrades, meth injection, fuel system, etc) in preparation for the Redline Time Attack series this year and i have been sharing my X5 with my fiancee for a few months now because i recently sold my E60 M5. with the next M5 a few years away, and i am in need of another car to drive i decided to pickup the best alternative today. i thought i would share this cause i am really excited about this car. i have never had one of these before, but i have to say after driving many Mercs before and never being a fan, this one is an entirely new monster that deserves a lot of respect. with the revised suspension, wet clutch, and paddle shifters on the steering column, incredibly sexy looks, and a monster engine with one hell of an angry exhaust roar, there is no doubt for me that this is the ultimate high performance sedan to have on the road right now. acceleration, braking, and handling are a class act for a 4000 lbs plus sedan, and cannot think of another one that even comes close to the way this one feels while being behind the controls. the seating position coupled with the low horizon dashboard makes you feel like you are in a shifter kart (but you are aware that you are actually sitting in a luxury sedan) with a throaty V8 motor attached to your back. the transmission shifts in 100ms, and when you upshift the exhaust cackles like the backfire you only hear in a race car which is sure to keep a big smile on your face from each gear change to the next. to be brutally honest, i loved my M5 for years but this car is better in almost every comparable category. if i woke up tomorrow and a brand new M5 was in my garage instead of this i would be in tears.

i hope nobody takes offense to me posting a Merc on here, but this is my only update so far! mods are starting tomorrow!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2010, 02:42 PM   #103
T89
Lieutenant Colonel
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i & Mini Cooper S

GTR, X5 M and now E63?

Congrats man!
I test drove an E63 a few weeks ago. What a monster! Really liked it. More of a cruiser but nonetheless a great car.

T
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2010, 03:05 PM   #104
M4Mafia
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: LCI X5 Sports

Which town and street are you at? As I would like to come by with my homies one night and knock on your door...... LOL

Seriously, WTF do you do for a living?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2010, 08:05 AM   #105
dr.jay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135

Nice Stable!!
      03-06-2010, 06:34 PM   #106
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

E 63 is the best in its class right now, just waiting the new M5 to be released... It will be more powerfull than X5m, so it will be delicious
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 11:37 AM   #107
MFL101
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: RRS SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca View Post
E 63 is the best in its class right now, just waiting the new M5 to be released... It will be more powerfull than X5m, so it will be delicious
Don't be so sure about that! I have heard that it will share the same engine
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 11:44 AM   #108
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 (MT), 718 Spyder

a really great car, even if it is a retirement vehicle for old people (i.e. Mercedes in general); post away
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 07:30 PM   #109
LDitty
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 35i

Wow! E63 AMG...THE HAMMER!!! Test drove one recently....scary fast!! YOU ARE BALLIN!!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2010, 09:23 PM   #110
racer m
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDitty View Post
Wow! E63 AMG...THE HAMMER!!! Test drove one recently....scary fast!! YOU ARE BALLIN!!
LOL, funny you mentioned that... I recently ordered a Euro plate from Griot's Garage that says "HAMMER" for the E63! Should get a few smiles.
Appreciate 0