XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

06-10-2019, 02:53 PM   #1
BlackX5
Private
Rep
Drives: TL TypeS

X5 packages, multimedia, comfort features, environmental...

What are the odds of finding a 2013 x5 with everything?
Such as:
Sport package
Comfort seats
Head up display
Window shades
Skin protection
Soft close doors.....
Navi
With extra apps
Music interface for smartphone
Side and rear camera's..

I found 1 that has all that but only the sport seats. Is comfort seats a must?

Are there any x5's with all that and everything else?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 03:37 PM   #2
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackX5 View Post
Such as:
Sport package
Comfort seats
Head up display
Window shades
Skin protection
Soft close doors.....
Navi
With extra apps
Side and rear camera's..

I've never seen a 'fully loaded' E70 despite decoding 100's of VINs over the years. I've seen some really loaded up though. Most people don't want the 50i but those are easier to find well optioned than a 35i/35d based on my searches. Most 35i's for sale are Premium trim, not even Sport.

The stuff you mention above is fairly common, or at least not that hard to find. The rare E70 options IMO are full nappa leather, leather dashboard, active steering, active cruise control, adaptive drive, ventilated seats, 3rd row, rear seat entertainment, & lane departure warning.

I think comfort seats are a must have, along with Sport &/or M Sport.

Are you searching nationwide?
Appreciate 1
      06-10-2019, 03:41 PM   #3
BlackX5
Private
Rep

Yes, nationwide. 35i. I'm a bit apprehensive about the 50i. But not totally against a 2013 50i. But I definitely wont buy a 2011 50i. Or 550i for that matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
I've never seen a 'fully loaded' E70 despite decoding 100's of VINs over the years. I've seen some really loaded up though. Most people don't want the 50i but those are easier to find well optioned than a 35i/35d based on my searches. Most 35i's for sale are Premium trim, not even Sport.

The stuff you mention above is fairly common, or at least not that hard to find. The rare E70 options IMO are full nappa leather, leather dashboard, active steering, active cruise control, adaptive drive, ventilated seats, 3rd row, rear seat entertainment, & lane departure warning.

I think comfort seats are a must have, along with Sport &/or M Sport.

Are you searching nationwide?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 03:43 PM   #4
135ivert
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 135i,E70 X5M,E93 M3

What combination of options are deal-breakers for you? For me, the Comfort Seats was a must-have. Sport seats just didn't cut it.

I did a nationwide search and still waited for 4-6 months.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 03:47 PM   #5
BlackX5
Private
Rep

Everyone seems to like the comfort seats a lot. I must have drove 1 or 2 with comfort seats, because I knew I liked the seats.. but didnt know it was *special*. But just trying to find one that is a color I like that doesnt have more than 70k miles and in good condition and preferably black.. and a good carfax.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 04:08 PM   #6
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

If you're only searching 2013's, that opens up the M Performance Package, another rare E70 option (2013 only). Added power (+40 HP/+30 Torque to 50i, +30HP/+15 Torque to 35i), gloss black exhaust tips, & aluminum foot pedals.

This 50i may not be your desired color combo, but it's really well optioned. I scanned Autotrader, most 35i's don't even have the Technology Package, a fairly common package, so I just assumed they probably weren't anywhere close to loaded.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Packages:
Sport
Premium (includes window shades)
Cold Weather
Technology (includes HUD & side view cameras)
Premium Sound
Active Ventilated Seats (includes Comfort Seats)

Options:
Soft close doors
Active steering
Active cruise control
Aluminum footplate
Leather dashboard
Lane departure warning
3rd row
Rear seat entertainment
Apps
Smartphone integration
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 04:44 PM   #7
BlackX5
Private
Rep

Yeah that's a little pricey plus it's got over 70,000 miles and it doesn't look very clean on the outside.. I'll wait
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2019, 02:17 AM   #8
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Such as:
Sport package
Comfort seats
Head up display
Window shades
Skin protection
Soft close doors.....
Navi
With extra apps
Side and rear camera's..

Finding anything but a 50i with all above is going to be pretty hard. My 50i has all above and h comfort seats, HUD, and full leather and dash are my favorite options on it along withth adaptive headlights and suspension, which spoil you and you take for granted until you drive another SUV and realize how much is does. Get a 50i with low miles or a new engine or at very least something that has seen only highway miles. A 50i that is daily driven in citry stop and go will not last long,the engine compartment is poorly designed for proper cooling off a reverse flow v8 and thus all the issues with cooked engine seals, gasktes tubes, hoses, valveguide seal's, etc
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2019, 02:18 AM   #9
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Yeah that's a little pricey plus it's got over 70,000 miles and it doesn't look very clean on the outside.. I'll wait
Looks like it has a new engine though...
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2019, 06:48 AM   #10
BlackX5
Private
Rep

Funny you mention that because I already came up with the idea that I would install low profile hood vents, or a low profile hood scoop to release heat from under the hood. I think Camaro comes with hood vents too. And there should be a way to pump cool air into the turbo area with a rubber tube and a high power telecom grade fan. They make them really small for telco devices.. so why not strap on a rubber tube to the fan, mount the fan in a hidden area, and run the tube under the turbo. So, no only is there cool air being pumped in, but you can evacuate heat with the vents. Heat rises naturally .. so install 2 vents.. on passenger side and drivers side of the hood. Just gotta watch out for water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
Finding anything but a 50i with all above is going to be pretty hard. My 50i has all above and h comfort seats, HUD, and full leather and dash are my favorite options on it along withth adaptive headlights and suspension, which spoil you and you take for granted until you drive another SUV and realize how much is does. Get a 50i with low miles or a new engine or at very least something that has seen only highway miles. A 50i that is daily driven in citry stop and go will not last long,the engine compartment is poorly designed for proper cooling off a reverse flow v8 and thus all the issues with cooked engine seals, gasktes tubes, hoses, valveguide seal's, etc

Last edited by BlackX5; 06-11-2019 at 07:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2019, 11:09 AM   #11
BlackX5
Private
Rep

Ya it does have a lot of comfort features, but I do not see a "technology package" listed for that vin.. btw, I sent you a pm to another one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
If you're only searching 2013's, that opens up the M Performance Package, another rare E70 option (2013 only). Added power (+40 HP/+30 Torque to 50i, +30HP/+15 Torque to 35i), gloss black exhaust tips, & aluminum foot pedals.

This 50i may not be your desired color combo, but it's really well optioned. I scanned Autotrader, most 35i's don't even have the Technology Package, a fairly common package, so I just assumed they probably weren't anywhere close to loaded.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Packages:
Sport
Premium (includes window shades)
Cold Weather
Technology (includes HUD & side view cameras)
Premium Sound
Active Ventilated Seats (includes Comfort Seats)

Options:
Soft close doors
Active steering
Active cruise control
Aluminum footplate
Leather dashboard
Lane departure warning
3rd row
Rear seat entertainment
Apps
Smartphone integration
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2019, 01:29 PM   #12
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ya it does have a lot of comfort features, but I do not see a "technology package" listed for that vin.. btw, I sent you a pm to another one.
I believe the only 'package' identified in the decoder is the Sport Package, the rest of the packages you have to know what options made up that package since it doesn't display like the window sticker.

Technology Package for 2012 & 2013 model years included HUD, side-view cameras, and high beam assistant which this vermillion red 50i has. This one is actually one of the more heavily optioned E70's I've seen - only missing M Sport, M Performance, nappa leather, and adaptive drive. Technically missing the space saver tire but that and 3rd row were mutually exclusive.
Appreciate 0