XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-14-2019, 12:13 AM   #1
pdX5M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
Seat Bolster Cracks/Color Loss

I'm sure many of us have had/are having this issue. I'm sure the prior owners of the vehicle weren't as concerned as I am about maintaining the leather. Merino leather is awesome and I want to get it back to like new.

Do any of you guys have a go to product you'd use/recommend to re-dye this small section of the bolster? Going to do a full Leatherique treatment and want to repair this section while I'm at it. I know Swissvax has Leather Healer that will correct the color but Swissvax is $$$$ for only having to do a small area. Open to other brand suggestions that you've had success with. Thanks!
Attached Images

- 2013 X5 M - Silverstone Metallic w/ Black Perforated Complete Merino - All OEM Options - 12.5mm/20mm Spacers - Velos Stage 2 - xHP Stage 3 - AA Catless - Megan Racing Supremo - PTP Blanket - K&N Drop In -
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 05:07 AM   #2
jandref321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

https://www.leatherworldtech.com/Ani...it-p/anrck.htm

6-18 months depending on use. Darker colors are better.
Appreciate 1
pdX5M111.50
      02-14-2019, 01:47 PM   #3
pdX5M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandref321 View Post
https://www.leatherworldtech.com/Ani...it-p/anrck.htm

6-18 months depending on use. Darker colors are better.
Thanks for the info! Since I'll be using different clean/restore products (Leatherique Rejuvinator and Pristine Clean) I think I might try this out:

https://www.leatherworldtech.com/Liq...t-p/30-444.htm

Only like $12 which is way more palatable than the $90 Swissvax wants for Leather Healer. And this is the only spot that needs touch up so I don't need a whole lot of color.
- 2013 X5 M - Silverstone Metallic w/ Black Perforated Complete Merino - All OEM Options - 12.5mm/20mm Spacers - Velos Stage 2 - xHP Stage 3 - AA Catless - Megan Racing Supremo - PTP Blanket - K&N Drop In -
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 07:09 PM   #4
9vapors
Major
Rep
Drives: CB X5M

I use lexol, cleaner and conditioner... I also have a couple chemical guys products that I'm going to be trying when it's not 4 degrees.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 08:23 PM   #5
pdX5M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9vapors View Post
I use lexol, cleaner and conditioner... I also have a couple chemical guys products that I'm going to be trying when it's not 4 degrees.
I've got the Lexol Cleaner and Conditioner as well and they are great products for maintenance cleaning. I'm going to go a step further this time with the Rejuvinator and Pristine Clean from Leatherique which is more of a yearly treatment. Rejuvinator sits on the leather for 12-16 hours replenishing all of the natural oils.

Just wanted to find out if anyone has used a dye/recolor product that's had a nice end result. Going to try to find some more info on the Leatherworld product above and maybe give it a shot.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 11:48 PM   #6
rbryantaz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E70 4.8i, 2008 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.67]
2007 BMW X5 4.8i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdX5M View Post
I've got the Lexol Cleaner and Conditioner as well and they are great products for maintenance cleaning. I'm going to go a step further this time with the Rejuvinator and Pristine Clean from Leatherique which is more of a yearly treatment. Rejuvinator sits on the leather for 12-16 hours replenishing all of the natural oils.

Just wanted to find out if anyone has used a dye/recolor product that's had a nice end result. Going to try to find some more info on the Leatherworld product above and maybe give it a shot.
I have a worn e70 door panel armrest and am looking into the same thing...

I found "colourlock" who have BMW colors. They seem to be on amazon but there doesn't seem to be a way to specify the color.

I haven't found any forum reviews or before/after pictures yet.

https://www.colourlock.com/bmw_leath...our_chart.html

-Rich
      02-17-2019, 11:54 PM   #7
pdX5M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryantaz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdX5M View Post

I have a worn e70 door panel armrest and am looking into the same thing...

I found "colourlock" who have BMW colors. They seem to be on amazon but there doesn't seem to be a way to specify the color.

I haven't found any forum reviews or before/after pictures yet.

https://www.colourlock.com/bmw_leath...our_chart.html

-Rich
Thanks Rich - looks like some good stuff. Now to figure out which black my seats are - didn't realize there were so many varients!

I'm going to do some searching and see what I can find as far as reviews go. Price seems re so if I give this a go I'll post an after pic.
Appreciate 0