XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

05-26-2018, 07:56 PM   #23
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Mein F Fünfundachtzig Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVazha View Post
Will someone please post the part numbers of both hoses?

Thank you kindly
Return hose- 11537598343
Feed hose- 11537598341

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1487174
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 08:23 PM   #24
TheVazha
Major
Rep
Drives: X5Mmmkay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVazha View Post
Will someone please post the part numbers of both hoses?

Thank you kindly
Return hose- 11537598343
Feed hose- 11537598341

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1487174
Awesome brotha thank you.

I replaced the little 4 inch ones at the top of the line but I'm still leaking. I'm just gonna replace the whole line.

Any advice on clamps? I've tried all different kinds and I still find I leak at the end of the hose, where they go over the metal fitting. It looks like there's just too much pressure. Is over tightening an issue?
      05-26-2018, 08:53 PM   #25
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Mein F Fünfundachtzig Einhorn

No problem. Looks like I'm gonna have to do this very soon myself! I pulled this quote from the other link:

It's a leak. If you look under that residue you will see the green stuff is dripping down below turbos. You can try to fix them in 3 phases:

1) replace the clamps and install them tighter. You can use generic ones with screwdriver tightening style. It will hold a while.

2) There might be room to shorten the hoses about 10mm. At least this is possible in 50i model X5. Cut them and tighten the clamps again to the fresh (now non squeezed) end of the hose. But not too tight this time.

3. Replace the coolant lines. It will be difficult to find the matching rubber pipes only, so you might have to buy the complete lines.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 12:55 PM   #26
BigTruck
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 50i

ECS sells a hose kit for the X5M. Just double check against your vehicle as some have the "M" confused with "M-Sport". If you have a X5 50i then the process is a little more involved. Try reclamping as mentioned above. If hoses look good then you can replace the Tee with a 1/2" brass tee and reclamp. If hoses are crap then you can buy the individual parts with metal lines and unclamp the hoses and replace (~$225 for all four lines). That trick works for all the lines coming directly from turbos. If the hoses which dive down are crap then you need to pull a few things. The big expense comes if you have to replace metal lines going to turbos as they need to pull turbos. The other dragon hose is the one with the "Y" running under the drivers side turbo. The only real way to replace that is to pull the alternator. All the hoses up top should be around $1500 from Indie shop. I'd never use a dealer for this repair.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...RoCHs4QAvD_BwE
Appreciate 0