XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

04-26-2019, 09:09 AM   #89
The Libertine
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Porsche Macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Hey, it's 20% of Supra.
LOL! That is true; however, I would be willing to bet that most of today’s Corolla owners don’t even know about the Supra lineage!
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4462.00
      04-26-2019, 09:45 AM   #90
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

This thread is pure gold.....and very well accurate. I have nothing to say here that hasn't already been said by everyone else. Funny how we all seem to agree on this topic.

Although what I drive only states that I am a pretentious ass, I drive fast as hell when I can and I drive by only two rules - 1.) get there as fast and safely as possible and 2.) get out of everyone else's way. I truly try to be mindful and considerate of other drivers. We all have somewhere we are trying to get, some faster than others.

Last edited by King Rudi; 04-26-2019 at 10:59 AM..
Appreciate 6
      04-26-2019, 11:11 AM   #91
BayE30
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Libertine View Post
Toyota Corolla owners with the “S” designation.... they drive as if they are on a racing circuit or something.
Toyota salesman : "The S is for Sport!!!"
Me: " Calm down, you said that like 10x already, my mother in-law wants it bc its cute..."

true story.
      04-26-2019, 11:34 AM   #92
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Today I saw my first range rover convertible coupe. I can see why they only sold this for one year. I may have seen the only one they sold. Gawd...this is one ugly vehicle (I won't say car as that would devalue the word).
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 12:43 PM   #93
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Libertine View Post
Toyota Corolla owners with the “S” designation.... they drive as if they are on a racing circuit or something.
This is an epic thread.....

https://www.toyotanation.com/forum/9...-ecu-tune.html
Appreciate 1
      04-26-2019, 02:40 PM   #94
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
FUCKIN asshole in the nissan murano covertibles. who do they think they are!!!!
You're an asshole if you drive more aggressively than me, you're an alcoholic if you drink more than me, and you're an addict if you use more drugs than me.

LOL
      04-26-2019, 02:46 PM   #95
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 SG 135i DCT; '18 MG M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckiSevens View Post
Jersey soccer moms driving Jeep Wranglers trying to run me off the road 🤣✌️
I hate Jeep drivers. They always go above speed limit and behave like they own the road.
Appreciate 1
      04-26-2019, 02:51 PM   #96
LuckiSevens
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckiSevens View Post
Jersey soccer moms driving Jeep Wranglers trying to run me off the road 🤣✌️
I hate Jeep drivers. They always go above speed limit and behave like they own the road.
I actually have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, it's the Wrangler drivers that are the problem 🤣🤣
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 04:56 PM   #97
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
You have an M2 and you drive below the speed limit? I find that difficult to believe.
Appreciate 1
      04-26-2019, 05:36 PM   #98
xQx
General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i (E88 N54 6AT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Quote:
You have an M2 and you drive below the speed limit? I find that difficult to believe.
Stereotypical BMW driver here - you don't have to speed to have fun on public roads. Just make it your mission to do as close to the speed limit at all times.

(ie. pass any traffic travelling under the limit, and take corners at either the maximum speed you and your car are capable of, or the speed limit - whichever is lower)
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 11:14 AM   #99
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xQx View Post
Stereotypical BMW driver here - you don't have to speed to have fun on public roads. Just make it your mission to do as close to the speed limit at all times.

(ie. pass any traffic travelling under the limit, and take corners at either the maximum speed you and your car are capable of, or the speed limit - whichever is lower)
This.
I find that the M2 commands street respect.
When I drive wife's hybrid, I get all kind of shit. People pass just so they can cut in front of me. They don't dare doing any of that shit when I'm in the M2.
Has nothing to do with speeding in public roads. But when I need to, it's there.
Appreciate 2
xQx902.50
termigni1080.00
      04-29-2019, 11:20 AM   #100
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
I do tend to judge Rolls.......my son loves them, I think they are owned by people that don't know about performance cars.

We had this conversation again yesterday.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 02:05 PM   #101
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
I do tend to judge Rolls.......my son loves them, I think they are owned by people that don't know about performance cars.

We had this conversation again yesterday.
I don't think your average Rolls Royce owner buys an RR for the performance but more-so for the comfortable ride.

edit; and to obvs flex they have money
      04-29-2019, 02:34 PM   #102
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
This.
I find that the M2 commands street respect.
When I drive wife's hybrid, I get all kind of shit. People pass just so they can cut in front of me. They don't dare doing any of that shit when I'm in the M2.
Has nothing to do with speeding in public roads. But when I need to, it's there.

I'm surprised you don't have stupid people trying to race with you. Whenever I have my other car out.....I have all kinds of younger kids trying to goad me into getting on it.

The other day I witnessed a guy in his 30's with a 430i revving his engine at a Hellcat while sitting at a red light. Maybe he just wanted to see what the challenger could do......but stuff like that amazes me.
shay2nak1070.00
      04-29-2019, 02:47 PM   #103
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I'm surprised you don't have stupid people trying to race with you. Whenever I have my other car out.....I have all kinds of younger kids trying to goad me into getting on it.

The other day I witnessed a guy in his 30's with a 430i revving his engine at a Hellcat while sitting at a red light. Maybe he just wanted to see what the challenger could do......but stuff like that amazes me.
Maybe because I'm well behaved in traffic and obey speed limits (most of the time)?

I drive the same way in the hybrid, but they think it's because I'm at the limit of what the car can do, so they abuse me. In the M2, they don't dare.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
shay2nak1070.00
      04-29-2019, 03:14 PM   #104
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Maybe because I'm well behaved in traffic and obey speed limits (most of the time)?

I drive the same way in the hybrid, but they think it's because I'm at the limit of what the car can do, so they abuse me. In the M2, they don't dare.
I'm the same.....typically I'm driving a little under the speed limit. And if I'm in the slow lane and have someone tailgating me.....I will even slow down a little.

But we also have a lot of road rage around here. Couple that with the fact that it seems like every road in our county is undergoing construction.....it brings out the worst in some people.
      04-29-2019, 06:16 PM   #105
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Bro trucks. You've got to be a certain kind of special to drive something like that with a straight face.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      04-29-2019, 08:11 PM   #106
Flacht3
Not Enough Garage Space
Rep
Drives: STO /765LTS/ Macan

I've put a lot of thought into this, mainly during my latest commute home. I took a bit of a different approach looking at cars but really owners since it's the owners that make the cars unbearable... My top 10, in specific order:

10. The Tesla owner who became a car-expert overnight. I'm actually a fan of Teslas to some degree but I know many owners who all of a sudden want to educate me on the bajillion reasons Teslas are the best cars on the road and why everything else is now inferior.

9. The $30k millionaire.

8. The "supercar" owner who thinks they're better than the rest of the population because they drive a supercar. Bonus points if your supercar isn't a supercar, like the guy in a C6 Z06 told me his car is "just as special as a Ferrari or McLaren, only 1/2 the price"...inaccurate on so many levels.

7. People who think they're car people but aren't car people. Let me explain... The guy who owns a Lexus RCF, parks next to me, and says something like "Oh man, the new RCF is one of the top performance cars out there right now"...or the guy who owns a Ghibili and tells me "It's the best performance car for the money".

6. "Muscle Car" owners who think these things are high-performance vehicles. I don't have anything against the cars themselves, but your base Challenger isn't a supercar. It tends to be these folks who decide to rev at me when stopped at a light or try to chase me on the highway.

5. Most Uber drivers. Especially in the cities...pulling over without signaling, making a left hand turn from the right lane and cutting off traffic. Doesn't stop me from using them though

4. Fuckboi drivers. You know who you are. Weaving in and out of traffic without using turn signals, cutting people off, etc.. I don't care if you're "going the speed limit"...I've seen too many close calls and it's totally unnecessary. No one is impressed by your ability to cut across traffic in your 2010 3-series or debadged A4.

3. Any type of tuner that thinks their car is way better than it is. I don't mind tuner culture, I even respect it, but your Honda is still a Honda no matter how many stickers you put on it.

2. BRZ/FRS owners that think their cars are the holy grail. The only time I ever got into an altercation on the road was with a FRS owner who was trying to show-off (had a chick in the car) by attempting to race me (in a busy city) with his window rolled down telling me "I bet I can outdrive you". I yelled a few very douchey choice words back...pretty sure I also fit the BMW a-hole stereotype here (was in a white M4 at the time).

1. Really anyone on a cell-phone or not paying attention. Bonus points to the chick with a Starbucks in one hand and cellphone in the other and zero on the wheel. It sounds cliche but your lack of attention isn't worth damaging someone else's car or worse, sending someone to the hospital (or morgue).

***Bonus Round*** anyone with an insufferable vanity plate. I like tasteful vanity plates, but something like 2Fast4U on a C250 realllllly tests my self control.
      04-29-2019, 08:18 PM   #107
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Bonus points for #1. I got rear ended last week by a lady who blamed her phone. We were stopped at a redlight for over a minute when she just rammed me. Nothing had changed, light was still red, she just wasn't paying attention.

Thankfully she was insured and friendly, but this sort of thing sure seems to be increasing. Give me a level 5 car any day.
Appreciate 3
Flacht31135.00
xQx902.50
      04-29-2019, 10:27 PM   #108
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Don't get me started on idiots on their cell phones while driving. I was a victim of one too. I was driving down a road with a single lane going in each direction. Said car was stopped at the light at the intersection I was approaching. Light turns green as I approach the intersection. Said car proceeds through the intersection. Just after clearing the intersection, car begins crossing over the double yellow coming right at me. For a second I thought this fool would realize he/she was coming into oncoming traffic. Nope. So I try to brake and swerve to the right as best I can while also on the horn. I couldn't go to far to the right as there was is a huge snow bank from the previous snow storm. Just before the inevitable bang, I could see right into the car to see a woman staring straight down at her cell phone. She realizes a couple of seconds before the bang what was about to happen. Tries to swerve to her right. Too late. Bang. Head on collision with my car doing about 20 to 30 MPH. And her car doing about the same.

She did a real number on the front driver side corner of my car. I had to climb out of the passenger side. The impact sent the bumper cover of her Corolla flying about 20 feet down the road. I wanted to kill her. Didn't say a word just walked away and called the cops. Cops show up. She admitted to being on her cell phone but also said she couldn't see too clearly through her windshield. Cops cited her with two moving violations.

Second incident with a cell phone that comes to mind was when I was behind this car. The car is swerving all over the place. I see the tell tale sign of idiot driving on their cell phone with the typical head bobbing. During this display of stupidity, I see little hands sticking out the back passenger window. There's a kid in the car! The car is still weaving all over the place. We get to a section of road where there are now two lanes. I drive up right next to the car and yell at the idiot mother if her damn cell phone is more important than her kid. The clue bag stares back at me as if WTF am I talking about?

Licenses in this country get dispensed like lottery tickets.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      04-30-2019, 07:41 AM   #109
El Wray
Private
Rep
Drives: AW X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_DM View Post
10. The Tesla owner who became a car-expert overnight. I'm actually a fan of Teslas to some degree but I know many owners who all of a sudden want to educate me on the bajillion reasons Teslas are the best cars on the road and why everything else is now inferior.
I think model 3 drivers are now the reigning supreme of insufferable, asshole owners. Probably the base 3/A4/C series lessee who didn't want a Prius. At least with the X/S there weren't so many vocal cunts. With the 3 the things are the new Camry/Accord.

Change lanes or turn without signaling? Check.
Take two spaces / Park in handicapped? Check.
Park in no parking? Check.
Merge at last minute/dangerously weave? You got it.

Take the worst characteristics of all of the above and combine it with someone whose never owned an electric vehicle (possibly even an entry level luxury car) and is just now realizing that cars have mobile apps. It's like an annoying kid who wants to stuff crap in your face or says things out loud in hopes of a reaction.

I'm on my 3rd EV and cars of most makes have been able to have remote location, remote lock and ventilation via app for almost ten years now. Noone gives a shit about your mileage. And please keep your drivel/crappy forum posts to teslatati
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4462.00
      04-30-2019, 09:09 AM   #110
termigni
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2000, MacanS, M4CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Ghibli drivers: they pose like they got millions of dollars even when they don't, so they drive like douche bags, esp people with Italian flag stickers on them. totally in denial that a 3 year old mint low mileage Ghibli can be had for $28k when they purchased the cars for $70+ 3 years ago. lmao.

2018 ///M2 LCI, Metallic Orange, 6MT, Exec Pkg, Apple.. Sold

Instagram: Tommys911
Appreciate 0