XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

10-20-2018, 09:45 AM   #1
rowong
Rep
Drives: X6 35i

Rear passenger door handle comfort access not working (locking mechanism only)

Hi all,

Curious to know if anyone has experienced this on their vehicle. I have noticed that my rear passenger door handle's locking mechanism stopped working. The unlocking mechanism still works, thus maybe there are partial wiring issues with the handle itself? Previously my driver's door handle didnt work as well (both lock and unlock) and it was due to a short circuit as per the dealer and was replaced under warranty. However, my warranty is over and would want to see if anyone has experienced this and if this is fixable on your own? Its not a big hassle that i would want to go back to the dealer to fix it, let alone probably getting ripped off badly.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2018, 03:14 PM   #2
ncmoore12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5 M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowong View Post
Hi all,

Curious to know if anyone has experienced this on their vehicle. I have noticed that my rear passenger door handle's locking mechanism stopped working. The unlocking mechanism still works, thus maybe there are partial wiring issues with the handle itself? Previously my driver's door handle didnt work as well (both lock and unlock) and it was due to a short circuit as per the dealer and was replaced under warranty. However, my warranty is over and would want to see if anyone has experienced this and if this is fixable on your own? Its not a big hassle that i would want to go back to the dealer to fix it, let alone probably getting ripped off badly.

Thanks in advance!
Yea mine currently doesn't work to lock or unlock. I assumed this was a safety or theft feature but maybe you are right. I was thinking that maybe they would have CA disabled on this handle because it would difficult to see someone try to enter your car on that side if you were close to the vehicle, but I think I just made that up in my mind. I'll be sure to come back to this thread for the solution.
Appreciate 0