XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

10-22-2020, 01:25 AM   #1
jarpil
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X6 N63

2012 X6 n63 Customer care Package/fuel injectors

Hello there.
Our X6 was consuming too much oil so i researched it and found out about the campaign regarding n63 engines.
Took the car to our local dealership, they provided a loaner and kept the car for two weeks to do the consumption oit test and some other diagnostics.
Yesterday i got a call from them saying that they finished all diagnostics and sent to BMW.
Today i got another call and the SA told me that the car burns oil due to failed fuel injectors and before BMW decides the next step(seal the engine or replace it) the injectors have to be replaced. The cost is $5600 for all 8 injectors.
I found this in service bulletin:
SI B1106 14:
Vehicles with the N63 high performance engine are engineered with EfficientDynamics that provides fuel economy without compromising on its “class leading” power and performance. To ensure these engines keep delivering the ultimate performance, we have designed this Care Package that includes a 6 point check, and if necessary, the replacement of one or more of the following powertrain components: Hot-Film Air Mass Sensors, PIEZO High Pressure Fuel Injectors, Engine Vacuum Pump, Fuel System Low Pressure Sensor/Feed Line z Fresh Air Intake Turbo Seals, Crankcase Ventilation Lines (Hoses).
Shouldn't BMW pay for the injectors replacement?
All this is confusing. BMW lost the class action suit if i understand it correctly yet they want me to pay $5600 so they can decide if they have to replace the engine or repair it with upgraded parts? Also if they decide to replace the engine my share of the cost is 45% which is around $4000. So all that comes to $9600(if; and that's a big IF; there won't be any other expense for other engine parts). Almost $10000 is the cost of replacing engine if i'd do it on my own.
Any idea are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by jarpil; 10-22-2020 at 03:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 06:13 AM   #2
quick
Captain
Rep
Drives: '12 X5M, '01 E55, '91 964 Trbo

Bull shit... Take it to another dealer and this exactly is the reason why i sold my X5M so I don't have to deal with these BMW bastards even if it's the warranty work
Appreciate 1
jarpil0.00
      10-22-2020, 03:55 PM   #3
jarpil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick View Post
Bull shit... Take it to another dealer and this exactly is the reason why i sold my X5M so I don't have to deal with these BMW bastards even if it's the warranty work
LOL

I wish we've had more BMW dealerships in the area.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 06:50 PM   #4
jarpil
Rep

Today I got an email from our SA.

"Sorry for the delay in getting this over to you. The following are the recommended repairs we need to perform on your vehicle before we can continue with the oil consumption testing on your BMW X6 as per BMW NA’s response to the case we submitted on your behalf.
Misfires on multiple cylinders.
Recommend replacing all 8 ignition coils with factory updated coils and spark plugs (fouled due to excessive fuel) $1,229.00
Black Smoke from the tail pipe on acceleration.
Recommend replacing all 8 fuel injectors due to them leaking. $4,418.00
As for other components that will need to be addressed but not as a part of the diagnostics side of things is as follows.
Replacement of all 4 crank case vent lines (cracked or broken) $950.00
Replacement of all turbo coolant lines due to leaking coolant. $2,516.00
These repairs will probably be cheaper to do when making repairs under the class action but I did want to bring them to your attention.
Please let me know how you would like to proceed or if you have any further questions."

IMHO all this should be covered under the N63 Customer Care Package.

I did not think this is going to be easy as far as having BMW stop the excessive engine oil lek but this is getting ridiculous.
Any ideas?

Last edited by jarpil; 10-26-2020 at 07:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2020, 02:04 PM   #5
Too__Hu///Mble
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6 ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarpil View Post
Today I got an email from our SA.

"Sorry for the delay in getting this over to you. The following are the recommended repairs we need to perform on your vehicle before we can continue with the oil consumption testing on your BMW X6 as per BMW NA's response to the case we submitted on your behalf.
Misfires on multiple cylinders.
Recommend replacing all 8 ignition coils with factory updated coils and spark plugs (fouled due to excessive fuel) $1,229.00
Black Smoke from the tail pipe on acceleration.
Recommend replacing all 8 fuel injectors due to them leaking. $4,418.00
As for other components that will need to be addressed but not as a part of the diagnostics side of things is as follows.
Replacement of all 4 crank case vent lines (cracked or broken) $950.00
Replacement of all turbo coolant lines due to leaking coolant. $2,516.00
These repairs will probably be cheaper to do when making repairs under the class action but I did want to bring them to your attention.
Please let me know how you would like to proceed or if you have any further questions."

IMHO all this should be covered under the N63 Customer Care Package.

I did not think this is going to be easy as far as having BMW stop the excessive engine oil lek but this is getting ridiculous.
Any ideas?
Listen. I'm going through this right now. I have an S63 engine.

I understand your frustrated. We need to have perspective.

Listen we can't sit here and expect BMW to just flat out bail us out.

This is my take.

Oil consumption can be a factor of everything. Not gonna lie this post confirmed what I thought is wrong.

BMW said my car is not on the VIN list and I am not losing coolant.

So my only areas of concern is my turbos, spark plugs and fuel injectors.

My case is different from yours. I have bad turbos from a my cooling system going bad and I believe my turbos suffered from heat soak.

My overall take on it is, if all these repairs are done out, the engine is bulletproof and worrying about another car should be put off to the horizons.

Now think about this. If you get another car your gonna be paying the same thing. Down payment, new car fees and all the things you do to spice up your ride.

Do you really really really want this car? If so pay for it, if not give it up.

I have an M, I want it so imma pay for mine and I love where and how my car is placed in the timeline of crossovers. It's the OG, like the E30, E9x, trust me the E71 is the grandfather of the crossovers. I'm connected to this so I'm all in with BMW and my M.

As for you and this thread, sit down and think about it.

It's a great car once all those kinks are out...and the JOY is back.

Remember how BMW feels about joy.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2021, 09:48 AM   #6
Your Not Mw
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5 50i

Garage List
My car was in dealer on 3-2018 They did Fuel Pump air bags and several other recalls all at once 98000 miles on odometer. It was parked and only driven when in town about 1000 miles a year. Was started and moved once a week while i was gone.
Now back in town FT it has 104,000
No notifications were ever sent about the recall or class action no contact from BMW or the dealer.
Mailing Address and Phone Never changed.
Several issues have come up now.
Oil Leak issues from Vac Pump.
The PCV system they fixed before is again bad.
Oil Consumption is 1qt about every 200 miles.
Several other things that would of been addressed if the customer care package with the oil consumption test was done.
The car is 2 months over the timeline on part warranty extensions.
Also passenger side airbag has issues deactivating seat pressure sensor. Always thinks someone is in it under 70 lbs and I need to clip seat belt.
i paid out of pocket years ago for new injectors, Plugs, 8 coils, and Timing chain replacement at 65k. It's always had a little move under load after 20k miles. Oil burning is a issue with the design of the motor so i kind of ignored it.
Might try and plead my case with BMW get partial coverage if the leak down is bad but not anticipating it's going to be easy. But i like the car don't want to send to scrap yard.
Attached Images

Last edited by Your Not Mw; 02-28-2021 at 06:52 AM..
Appreciate 0