XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-03-2021, 06:18 AM   #5325
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Another former member sent it to me so I'm just passing on the bad influence to you all.
Frick I eyed it for a few days, decided the dpms bb gun is likely going to be a prohibited weapon due to the idiocy of my prime Minister within a year so I ordered it now so I can have fun with the fully automatic feature. I figure if his dumb law gets passed I can always sell it back to him and maybe turn a profit since it will become a firearm under the new proposed legislation and a prohibited one at that which means they will buy it off me.
Appreciate 2
Murf99314114.00
paquet629.50
      06-03-2021, 06:26 AM   #5326
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Before I pull the trigger on this, I have to do some research on Bill C-21 up here. Rumour has it airguns could become restricted / prohibited. In no small part due to the fact that they look military. And therefore very very very scary.

We shall see. C-21 is concerning and stupid.
In Germany BB's are legal to use into your own 4 walls, garden, garage or closed playfields for fun. Modi only semi or safe, no full auto allowed for 'adult' BB's, very small and low powered BB's are allowed with full auto. Also a mark of the dealer must be stamped onto the gun as well as a special stamp from German weapons authority, that this model was tested and certified for safe and approved BB use according to all laws here.
Carrying or using in open public space is treated by law like you'll use a real one, forbidden and got punished - righteous.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 1
      06-03-2021, 06:54 AM   #5327
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Carrying or using in open public space is treated by law like you'll use a real one, forbidden and got punished - righteous.
Smart. I mean how is a policeman to know it's just a BB gun? WHen I read about how an unarmed man was shot by the police and he only had a BB gun it irks me.

I know mine shall be carefully cloistered where no one will ever feel a man with a rifle is running loose.

PS - I wish the USA also had rules as strict as Germany on getting licensed to drive a car. I have heard it is difficult and we could use fewer idiots on our roads.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 07:52 AM   #5328
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Frick I eyed it for a few days, decided the dpms bb gun is likely going to be a prohibited weapon due to the idiocy of my prime Minister within a year so I ordered it now so I can have fun with the fully automatic feature. I figure if his dumb law gets passed I can always sell it back to him and maybe turn a profit since it will become a firearm under the new proposed legislation and a prohibited one at that which means they will buy it off me.
Now you've done it. I might have to get one of these just for shits and giggles. My wife said no to the flame thrower.
Appreciate 2
Joekerr7929.00
upstatedoc7561.50
      06-03-2021, 08:50 AM   #5329
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
Now you've done it. I might have to get one of these just for shits and giggles. My wife said no to the flame thrower.
Tell her its an investment. Either an investment in yourself for the future joy it will bring, or if it becomes prohibited (and you know how stupid Justin is), you'll probably be able to sell it back to him for at least what you bought it for, but probably make a profit on it!

Those are my thoughts anyways. I wound up ordering off crosman.ca - I think it is the official site and the prices were the cheapest. Picked up the special where it comes with a red dot for about $270....and then tacked on some c02 and BBs.

Haven't told the wife though...I know she's not going to be happy so I'm going to seek forgiveness rather than permission.
Appreciate 1
Murf99314114.00
      06-03-2021, 01:25 PM   #5330
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Haven't told the wife though...I know she's not going to be happy so I'm going to seek forgiveness rather than permission.
prison I tell you. PRISON!
Appreciate 1
Murf99314114.00
      06-03-2021, 01:40 PM   #5331
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
prison I tell you. PRISON!
Yeah, but at least in my prison I get conjugal visits...
Appreciate 2
upstatedoc7561.50
Murf99314114.00
      06-03-2021, 08:42 PM   #5332
REB_TN_15
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Conv, Lexus GX460

+1 on the German driving culture. Unfortunately we Americans don't stand a chance. They admire following rules and we admire breaking them. If only we could somehow instill their belief that the left hand lane is for people going REALLY FAST, and not for doing the speed limit. Germany is such a fun place to drive. . . Sigh . . . .
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 02:10 AM   #5333
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
Smart. I mean how is a policeman to know it's just a BB gun? WHen I read about how an unarmed man was shot by the police and he only had a BB gun it irks me.
Your BB's into the US and afaik in Far East are sold with orange-red tips at the front of every gun, that should show the non-lethal but toy status. I know few ppl, which painting those black, so the effort is gone.
What you mention is exact the problem, because on first sight you cant judge a BB or a real one, so the law is here very restrictive.

Quote:
I know mine shall be carefully cloistered where no one will ever feel a man with a rifle is running loose.
I own a ccw license for my pistol and keep it everytime at wearing good conceiled, I would not run into an incident where I got blamed for scaring other people when they awaring that Im armed.

Quote:
PS - I wish the USA also had rules as strict as Germany on getting licensed to drive a car. I have heard it is difficult and we could use fewer idiots on our roads.
According to some road rage clips I would agree
On the flipside, the drivers license for cars is here meanwhile quite expensive and w/o help of their parents lots of young ppl wont have a chance to get it. But yeah, good drivers schools are must to get safe on the road, thats a fact.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 06:38 AM   #5334
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Your BB's into the US and afaik in Far East are sold with orange-red tips at the front of every gun, that should show the non-lethal but toy status. I know few ppl, which painting those black, so the effort is gone.
What you mention is exact the problem, because on first sight you cant judge a BB or a real one, so the law is here very restrictive.

I own a ccw license for my pistol and keep it everytime at wearing good conceiled, I would not run into an incident where I got blamed for scaring other people when they awaring that Im armed.

According to some road rage clips I would agree
On the flipside, the drivers license for cars is here meanwhile quite expensive and w/o help of their parents lots of young ppl wont have a chance to get it. But yeah, good drivers schools are must to get safe on the road, thats a fact.
How expensive - what's the annual fee if that is how it works - I'm curious.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 11:14 AM   #5335
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

I'm also curious about having a CCW in Germany. I thought they were very strict about firearms.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2021, 09:17 PM   #5336
REB_TN_15
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Conv, Lexus GX460

Quote:
I'm also curious about having a CCW in Germany. I thought they were very strict about firearms.
Just from having discussions with German citizens it is strict but you can eventually get to what you want. Just costs money and time. They admire good engineering and function, and with all of the German world class gun manufacturers, despite the green party influences they still like guns. IMHO Germany and the US cultures have a lot in common.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 04:12 AM   #5337
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by REB_TN_15 View Post
+1 on the German driving culture. Unfortunately we Americans don't stand a chance. They admire following rules and we admire breaking them. If only we could somehow instill their belief that the left hand lane is for people going REALLY FAST, and not for doing the speed limit. Germany is such a fun place to drive. . . Sigh . . . .
Yeah just to mirror,signal and manoeuvre seems hard work for some.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 05:29 AM   #5338
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Quote:
How expensive - what's the annual fee if that is how it works - I'm curious.
Theres no annual fee to pay, you'll pay one time for your desired part of driving license(s).
Basically divided in:

Class A (Motorcycles) between 1300 and 1900,- Euros

Class B (Cars up to 7.5t gross weight) between 1500 and 2400,- Euros depends on city and county

Class C (Trucks above 7.5t gross weight plus trailers) between 2500 and 3000,- Euros

Some driving schools are offering combined packages A+B, e.g. summer holiday license making or also for job changers a truck license in connection with busses C+D. For Class C you have to be at least 21 y/o, Class A1 18y/o up to max. 44HP, Class A2 direct entry at 24y/o and unlimited HP, Class B 18y/o and no limits, guarded driving with parents possible at 17y/o.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by REB_TN_15 View Post
Just from having discussions with German citizens it is strict but you can eventually get to what you want. Just costs money and time. They admire good engineering and function, and with all of the German world class gun manufacturers, despite the green party influences they still like guns. IMHO Germany and the US cultures have a lot in common.
You would only get a CCW here, when you're be able to show an absolute need to carry one. This could be connected to your job, persona status or other important reasons to consider. You have to pass the German official weapon proficiency test before, which is not easy. After that its to specify for what to use, sporting, hunting or self defense. Believe me, there are plenty more tries to get than at least handed out ones.

Appreciate 1
Joekerr7929.00
      06-07-2021, 05:00 PM   #5339
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Anyone see Saint Benitez ruled CA assault weapon ban was unconstitutional? 30 day stay in place for CA A.G. to contest it/send it to En Banc panel, which is probably what will happen, but still a big victory so far.
Appreciate 3
paquet629.50
jmack548.50
      06-07-2021, 10:59 PM   #5340
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
Anyone see Saint Benitez ruled CA assault weapon ban was unconstitutional? 30 day stay in place for CA A.G. to contest it/send it to En Banc panel, which is probably what will happen, but still a big victory so far.
I read the entire thing over the weekend. It's worth the time to sit down with a glass of your favorite beverage and peruse it. Even if you live in a free state, he lays a pretty epic smackdown on the entire debate, so-called "experts", etc. Calls them out on their BS, hypocrisy, dependency on political / court shenanigans rather than any basis in logic or law, etc.

Slam dunk if it ever makes it to SCOTUS, but for now we continue to wait...

edit - if you're interested in reading it, here you go:
https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.ne...pdf?1622850515
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 5
jzmundy991.00
jamesinaz1646.50
paquet629.50
jmack548.50
      06-08-2021, 07:46 AM   #5341
Patrick303
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC

Garage List
In case anyone else is in the market for a Rugged suppressor right now, they just announced substantial price increases a few weeks ago. Most retailers (like SilencerShop) already reflect the new pricing, but Hansohn Brothers placed an order right before the price increase and they are selling current stock at the original price. They only have a few left so if you're considering one I'd recommend jumping on the deal!

I ordered an Obsidian 9 in FDE yesterday.
      06-08-2021, 08:00 AM   #5342
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
I read the entire thing over the weekend. It's worth the time to sit down with a glass of your favorite beverage and peruse it. Even if you live in a free state, he lays a pretty epic smackdown on the entire debate, so-called "experts", etc. Calls them out on their BS, hypocrisy, dependency on political / court shenanigans rather than any basis in logic or law, etc.

Slam dunk if it ever makes it to SCOTUS, but for now we continue to wait...

edit - if you're interested in reading it, here you go:
https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.ne...pdf?1622850515
IMO the SCOTUS has been ducking the real issue of the 2nd A for a long time. I believe they might be about ready to finally take up the broader case and take a stance on the entire individual right and what types of weapons should be legal.

It could be as ground breaking as Roe v Wade.

And I believe they will side with those who believe it is an individual right AND that firearms suitable to be used in a militia (ala AR15s etc) are covered.

I think 2022 is the year.
Appreciate 2
paquet629.50
      06-08-2021, 11:28 AM   #5343
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
IMO the SCOTUS has been ducking the real issue of the 2nd A for a long time. I believe they might be about ready to finally take up the broader case and take a stance on the entire individual right and what types of weapons should be legal.

It could be as ground breaking as Roe v Wade.

And I believe they will side with those who believe it is an individual right AND that firearms suitable to be used in a militia (ala AR15s etc) are covered.

I think 2022 is the year.
Part of me is like (sung to the tune of 877 cash now):

If you have an AR15 and you need it now
Call Judge Benitez! 9th Circuit suck it!

The other part of me is like "oh that's gonna hurt my wallet and I won't be golfing for a while...I need to save up for when this happens."
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 3
paquet629.50
jamesinaz1646.50
      06-08-2021, 09:10 PM   #5344
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Got my dpms ar15 looking BB gun today. Was all excite. Loaded up a c02 cart, then another. Tightened down and hissssssssss. Mag leaks.

I have disappoint.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2021, 09:18 PM   #5345
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
I got mine. I admit there was definitely a few giggles had. You should do it. Crosman sends it with a handy quickloader for free which is a lot better than the alternative of jamming them in by hand. A little cheap though, so not sure how long its going to function for, but while it works, I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Got my dpms ar15 looking BB gun today. Was all excite. Loaded up a c02 cart, then another. Tightened down and hissssssssss. Mag leaks.

I have disappoint.
That sucks! I assume you did it in the correct order, tighten / pierce left one first and then tighten right one. Apparently if you do the right one first, it doesn't work. Mine was all good.
Appreciate 1
Murf99314114.00
      06-08-2021, 09:40 PM   #5346
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

Oh yeah
Attached Images

Appreciate 0