XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

11-23-2018, 01:12 PM   #353
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

soooooo, just ordered this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-25-Andro...4lcw:rk:6:pf:0

I heard the 7.1 android had some bugs but the 8.1 is supposed to be solid. Will be here next week, Will let you know how it goes....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2018, 01:53 PM   #354
mrsoandso
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
soooooo, just ordered this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-25-Andro...4lcw:rk:6:pf:0

I heard the 7.1 android had some bugs but the 8.1 is supposed to be solid. Will be here next week, Will let you know how it goes....
Please keep us updated on what the 8.1 is like, I'm so close to pulling the trigger on the Avin because it's on sale and is a decent price. Could be worth the extra few bucks if 8.1 is a lot better.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2018, 03:41 PM   #355
maddog99
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 V8 2013

Quote:

Yes, please do let us know.
Im actually interested if its really even 8.1, at the kernal/SW level or just saying it is. Lots of value & coolness here, but also lots of trickery on a product that clearly has 1 manufacturer & many resellers (all looking for an edge).
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2018, 04:34 PM   #356
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
The avinusa folks said they were going to put out an 8.1 sometime early next year. Has a better processor. Can’t upgrade their 7.1 to 8.1. But I am wondering if the other resellers are running the same processors and just upgraded to 8.1 or what.
      11-24-2018, 06:47 AM   #357
leonninspain
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 3.0i Msport Xdrive

LPG conversion need advice

HI to all, i am new on here and looking to find out info on LPG conversion on a X5 2009 3.0i Msport
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2018, 06:51 PM   #358
maddog99
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 V8 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erie Von Otto View Post
The avinusa folks said they were going to put out an 8.1 sometime early next year. Has a better processor. Can’t upgrade their 7.1 to 8.1. But I am wondering if the other resellers are running the same processors and just upgraded to 8.1 or what.
There are proven fakes out there so Id be careful. meaning: it says 8.1 in the basic info menu, but upon a simple app based scan shows it 7.0 or even 4.4.

It is clear that there is a single shop making these. Its no small effort to create this firmware & HW profile, so there is no way there are multiples (and upon strip downs, thats been proven w/ the Rockfish (sp?) processor.

Long Short: AVIN seems to be a high volume reseller. They are by no means perfect, and in some cases not even good (they stop talking to you when questions get tough). BUT I personally would not buy anything until they have it in stock, as Im assuming they have a priority with this mystery factory who does the actual R&D on this.

My 2 cents; Id gladly pay $1000, or twice the price, for a really good version of this concept. with: Solved BT audio, solved audio low quality, a good microphone, and a real CPU chipset & 4MB for the OS. But I also want Hershey to make a high end version of Twix & that aint happening either. My loss.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2018, 03:33 AM   #359
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsoandso View Post
Please keep us updated on what the 8.1 is like, I'm so close to pulling the trigger on the Avin because it's on sale and is a decent price. Could be worth the extra few bucks if 8.1 is a lot better.
I will keep everyone posted. I ordered it on the 21st but they havent shipped yet due to Holiday I guess but I am expecting them to ship Monday. Should be here by end of next week. I will be testing the hell out of it and will make sure its a true 8.1, if its not its going back for a full refund or chargeback, the companies choice.... I hope it is real, I really want a main unit like this that can do the touch screen google maps and also run the Draggy app and I have a JB4 waiting to be installed after I get done with the downpipes and wastegate rebuild and would love to use it to interface with the JB4 rather then a phone hanging off the dash. as well as the Valentine one's bluetooth...

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 11-25-2018 at 12:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2018, 03:41 AM   #360
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

btw, not sure if this has been posted yet but Candian 4x4 looks to carry the same of what I just ordered off of Ebay...

https://4x4shop.ca/product/oem-fit-r...al-cic-system/
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2018, 02:52 PM   #361
pearlpower
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

4x4 Shop is far more responsive than Avin is, if that matters. I would put my money there vs Avin, and reiterating what was stated, they stop responding once you ask real questions.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2018, 08:47 PM   #362
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

The 8.1 (supposedly) screen arrived today. I should be working on completing the down pipes & turbo rebuild install but I'm anxious to see if this is a legit 8.1. Will install tonight and post up some pics and info late tonight after it's done
Appreciate 2
      12-01-2018, 04:45 AM   #363
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Just got installing it.....Install went well, slapped on Aida64 and this appears to be a true 8.1 as you can see in the pics. I loaded Prime Video and played a few things without issue. All apps worked great, its fast and responsive and the interface with the car worked without issue.

So far I am impressed but will be about another week before I drive it and really test it out as the car is down right now while I am putting in downpipes, custom intake, and a JB4. I have the bluetooth Module for both the JB4 and the Valentine one I plan on using with this.

My only complaints is that I can hear a very faint high pitch noise coming from its external filter like it has a bad cap or something. Can only hear it when everything is off and its dead quiet. Minor complaint but something I will check into and see what the fix is.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      12-01-2018, 04:55 AM   #364
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Quote:
Just got installing it.....Install went well, slapped on Aida64 and this appears to be a true 8.1 as you can see in the pics. I loaded Prime Video and played a few things without issue. All apps worked great, its fast and responsive and the interface with the car worked without issue.

So far I am impressed but will be about another week before I drive it and really test it out as the car is down right now while I am putting in downpipes, custom intake, and a JB4. I have the bluetooth Module for both the JB4 and the Valentine one I plan on using with this.

My only complaints is that I can hear a very faint high pitch noise coming from its external filter like it has a bad cap or something. Can only hear it when everything is off and its dead quiet. Minor complaint but something I will check into and see what the fix is.
Nice! Thanks for testing it. Can you please post the link from eBay for this unit? Thanks.
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2018, 05:14 AM   #365
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports View Post
Nice! Thanks for testing it. Can you please post the link from eBay for this unit? Thanks.

You bet, you can find it here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-25-Andro...4lUg:rk:6:pf:0

Please note that the shipping on this is a little interesting. They will send you the Camera from the U.S. and the unit itself is expressed from China.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2018, 04:48 PM   #366
mrsoandso
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 X6M

Quote:
You bet, you can find it here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-25-Andro...4lUg:rk:6:pf:0

Please note that the shipping on this is a little interesting. They will send you the Camera from the U.S. and the unit itself is expressed from China.
Some sellers will ship inexpensive/small items to warehouse in USA for faster shipping. It's why sometimes orders from ebay, can come in Amazon packaging.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2018, 11:44 PM   #367
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep

Quote:

Thanks bud, please keep us updated on your testing.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2018, 08:19 AM   #368
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I did not see the option for the carplay USB adapter. Did you happen to get that as well? With some of these companies, once you add the backup cameras and the carplay adapter, there's a $2-300 price difference from the avinusa system. In just trying to justify the costs vs 7.1-8.1. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2018, 01:00 PM   #369
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erie Von Otto View Post
I did not see the option for the carplay USB adapter. Did you happen to get that as well? With some of these companies, once you add the backup cameras and the carplay adapter, there's a $2-300 price difference from the avinusa system. In just trying to justify the costs vs 7.1-8.1. Thanks.
Nope no carplay adapter. I think the only reason to get this is the extra stability (supposed anyway..more testing to prove that) and speed. I will say so far I'm really impressed but I have to drive it with it yet as I'm still working on the car....by this time next week the car will be up and probably have a thousand miles on it with the way I drive doe my job so if you can wait, I'll have a much more in-depth review then
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2018, 04:08 PM   #370
jph98
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5m

Hi,

I've had the Avin Android screen for a while now and i'm really happy with the display.

I'm considering replacing my X5m with another E70 and plan to swap the Avin screen out of my current vehicle and into the new one.

However I never use any of the Android functions and I wondered if anyone has looked at a more simple way to connect the 10.25" screen directly to the factory screen connector instead of having to remove the idrive unit itself and installing that messy adaptor loom.

I don't need any of the android functionality, I simply want to replace the factory screen with the 10.25" Avin screen for aesthetics.

Many thanks
      12-06-2018, 04:16 PM   #371
9vapors
Major
Rep
Drives: CB X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jph98 View Post
Hi,

I've had the Avin Android screen for a while now and i'm really happy with the display.

I'm considering replacing my X5m with another E70 and plan to swap the Avin screen out of my current vehicle and into the new one.

However I never use any of the Android functions and I wondered if anyone has looked at a more simple way to connect the 10.25" screen directly to the factory screen connector instead of having to remove the idrive unit itself and installing that messy adaptor loom.

I don't need any of the android functionality, I simply want to replace the factory screen with the 10.25" Avin screen for aesthetics.

Many thanks
Looking for the same, just want the upgraded display, none of the other stuff
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 05:23 PM   #372
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep

Quote:
Hi,

Many thanks
Quote:
Hi,

Many thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9vapors View Post
Quote:
Hi,

Many thanks
Looking for the same, just want the upgraded display, none of the other stuff
Same here.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2018, 12:05 PM   #373
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Avinusa added the 8.1 to their site. I ordered it this morning with an expected Christmas-ish delivery date. Got the CarPlay, both splitters, wireless backup camera, and microphone. Was less than at the Canadian 4x4 website by a few hundred bucks so I’ll see if I get what I paid for...
      12-15-2018, 05:54 PM   #374
TKR
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 40e & 2018 330e

I never see album art in these android screen pictures. Does it support it? It's a standard feature nowadays to see album art, whatever source you are using (pandora, spotify, tune in radio) and also in normal fm radio broadcast you get the cover art of the current song playing.
Appreciate 0