XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-16-2008, 11:57 AM   #1
MalSer
Rep
Drives: Considering X6 35i

Trim & rim questions/suggestions?

Does anyone know if flywheel black aluminum trim can be special ordered in the USA? It doesn't appear to be available on the build list at BMWUSA.COM. Also, do you know if an X6 50i can be ordered with the optional 20" Y-rims that are on the X6 35i sport? I know these are questions for the dealership but thought someone might have already pursued these points. I'm considering white X6 50i with oyster trim but I think those 2 options would really look nice. Then again, I might go with the 35i anyway LOL. Comments/input both welcome and appreciated on interior suggestions for white exterior. Saddle brown is a bit too orange for my tastes and the beige just doesn't really excite me. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2008, 02:01 PM   #2
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Sorry can't be any help on this as I drive a bland SG w 259 rims on purpose. But the white X6's I have seen look really good. wait a few a some folks will weigh in (one thing this forum doesn't lack is opinions ).

Folks with white what trim did you pick (pics would help him out)

update I remembered this thread http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...ighlight=white
has some pics.

Last edited by dmlgc; 11-16-2008 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: update info
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2008, 03:24 PM   #3
MeEmZ
Doctor in the making
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: 08 X6 35i

hmmm well i have an AW x6 and am telling you ... unless you actually saw the VR the BS or the MS these three were my top choices but i went for the AW for some reason and i dunno why

any way am not soooo regreting the choice since my car already has tons of scratches from my "cute" rott that happens to love jumping on the car and checking the interior ???

so unless u wanna cry over scratches don't go for dark colors

and also i would go for the 21" 215 rims rather than the Y if you were going for AW
      11-16-2008, 03:34 PM   #4
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalSer View Post
Does anyone know if flywheel black aluminum trim can be special ordered in the USA? It doesn't appear to be available on the build list at BMWUSA.COM. Also, do you know if an X6 50i can be ordered with the optional 20" Y-rims that are on the X6 35i sport? I know these are questions for the dealership but thought someone might have already pursued these points. I'm considering white X6 50i with oyster trim but I think those 2 options would really look nice. Then again, I might go with the 35i anyway LOL. Comments/input both welcome and appreciated on interior suggestions for white exterior. Saddle brown is a bit too orange for my tastes and the beige just doesn't really excite me. Thanks!
Cannot order the flywheel black aluminum trim in USA. I tried and my parts department nor CA could get them for me. As far as the Y-rims, you should be able to get these since dealership stocks these in parts department. Will just have to negotiate for them. My suggestion would be to order the regular 20" sport wheels and tell the dealer you want them swapped for the sport wheels on the 35i. I am sure they would do that.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2008, 04:11 PM   #5
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

i think 259 looks great,i will not change them.
Appreciate 0