XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Watches

03-22-2022, 05:48 PM   #23
SquidG80
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: RS

My daily is a Doxa Sub 200 now as I just stopped wearing my Citizen Aqualand after nearly 25 years of service.

It was an excellent watch and - until it catastrophically broke - I never had any problems with it. It truly was an everyday watch and spent a lot of time in the water without any problems.

Weekend watch is an Omega Moonwatch.

Last edited by SquidG80; 03-22-2022 at 08:53 PM.. Reason: Clarity
Appreciate 1
kscarrol8775.50
      03-22-2022, 06:10 PM   #24
Dino GT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

I wear a watch everyday, I have since I was a little kid.
I do almost everything with a watch on, I sleep, swim, etc. with a watch on, the only time I take it off is to shower.
I feel naked if its not on me. It`s mostly automatic watches that I wear.
My father was a watchmaker from 11 years old until he passed away at 79.
I remember going to the jewelry store when I was a kid and my father would be working in the back and I would see what looked like a million pieces of a watch sitting on the work bench and I would ask him, is that watch going to work after you put it together . He would say joking, it better or I am in trouble. I miss that man, he was a genius. I never seen so much common sense like my father had.
Appreciate 7
vreihen1614883.50
kscarrol8775.50
shoei7778.00
wrickem2101.00
Hawkeye2069.50
bosstones1144.00
      03-22-2022, 06:16 PM   #25
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Typically my Samsung Galaxy watch. I can't remember which iteration, but it pairs fine with my iPhone. It's been great for work to glance at a text message/E-mail or determine if I need to drop what I'm doing to answer a call.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 06:39 PM   #26
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidG80 View Post
My daily is a Doxa Sub 200 now as I just stopped wearing my Citizen Aqualand after nearly 25 years of service.
Nice! I also have a Doxa, a 1500T Searambler. Great watch and a regular in my rotation... Picture doesn't do it justice and the angle makes look way larger on the wrist than it really wears.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Dino GT35121.00
      03-22-2022, 07:00 PM   #27
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Btw the real reason I wear an Apple Watch is for my dogs cute ass face as the background which pops on every time I move my wrist
(Will add pic tomorrow)
Attached Images

Last edited by Tommy-G; 03-23-2022 at 07:37 AM..
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614883.50
      03-22-2022, 07:56 PM   #28
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
I do!

I used to daily my Batman GMT, until I started working. I got it myself when I cashed out with bitcoin back in 2017. Back in school I liked the attention, but I didn't like the comments from my superiors at work. So I relegated that to non-work hours, and otherwise my daily is an Apple Watch SE 44mm. Got the milanese strap for it too, it's pretty awesome for a daily watch.

I also have a PAM560 but that's reserved for special occasions. It was a gift so I rarely wear it.

Next watch I'm saving up for is the Moonwatch. I've always wanted one, I think they are so cool!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 08:33 PM   #29
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
My day watch is a titanium Apple Watch Series 5, and my night watch is a gray ceramic Apple Watch Edition Series 3. (Yes, I sleep every night wearing a $1500 watch. It used to be my day watch before the Series 5.)

I am logging health stats 24/7, and will be upgrading to the Series 8 in the fall to get improved cardiac monitoring. My DW and I also use Siri from our watches to control the home automation stuff, and it is like having a whole house remote control on the wrist.

My day watches always also have cellular service enabled. I leave my cell phone at home frequently when I leave the house to run an errand, and can use the watch to make a call for help if I need to. I am not a frequent cell phone user, and wish that the watch didn't need a paired iPhone so that I didn't even need to own one.....
      03-22-2022, 08:37 PM   #30
KennySRFElite
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 6mt CP

IWC Mark Xvii, that’s my everyday.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 08:59 PM   #31
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

I dunno why but I felt like buying one of those smartwatches that records heartbeat, # steps, when you sleep and deep sleep: if you guys can tell me how it can tell the last one, great because it's pretty neat to me.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 09:25 PM   #32
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Not that it matters what I think but I've worn a Victorinox Stainless Officers Swiss Army watch every day for over 25-years. I do not take it off at night, or in the shower, or really at any time. Now that it is so old and has that patina of age, it has become my weekend watch or my watch for working on cars and bikes. My new "work" watch is a Victorinox Stainless chronometer with a lovely dark-blue face that is a poor-man's Daytona. I have one other Victorinox Officers Swiss Army watch with a red surround over stainless bezel with a polymer case and nylon and leather band. I like watches that have as many large numbers at the hour positions as possible with date windows, or Victorinox shield logos that prevent them. When someone asks me the time I can say "just about 2-o'clock" rather than parrot "1:57". It just meshes with my concept of time better that way. I have maybe $800 in three Swiss watches over 25-years.

I also have a BMW Z8 French watch given to me at the Z8 International Press Launch back around 2000, and a BMW Isetta Anniversary watch with jeweled movement and transparent back which I've owned almost as long as my Isettas, but have never worn. Now that I think about it, I also have a gold with black face Lord Elgin "cocktail" watch engraved with and given to my Grandmother's last husband in honor of his 50-years with the company he started and whose name it shares. This one is dated 1952 and still works just fine. The rest of my watches are my grandfathers' pocket watches—but you didn't ask about those.
Appreciate 1
Dino GT35121.00
      03-22-2022, 11:07 PM   #33
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
My day watch is a titanium Apple Watch Series 5, and my night watch is a gray ceramic Apple Watch Edition Series 3. (Yes, I sleep every night wearing a $1500 watch. It used to be my day watch before the Series 5.)

I am logging health stats 24/7, and will be upgrading to the Series 8 in the fall to get improved cardiac monitoring. My DW and I also use Siri from our watches to control the home automation stuff, and it is like having a whole house remote control on the wrist.

My day watches always also have cellular service enabled. I leave my cell phone at home frequently when I leave the house to run an errand, and can use the watch to make a call for help if I need to. I am not a frequent cell phone user, and wish that the watch didn't need a paired iPhone so that I didn't even need to own one.....
I forget where but I do remember reading about having a "sleep time apple watch". What benefit does it have for you to have a sleeping watch?

I use the sleep mode on my phone since it automatically goes into DND at 11pm and wakes me up at 6am but I'm not sure if that's something separate than wearing the watch in your sleep too.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 11:31 PM   #34
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

I mostly wear automatic watches without being a brand snob
      03-22-2022, 11:36 PM   #35
evil-G-nius
Broke A$$ Super Hero
United_States
Rep
Drives: Infiniti G37 S Coupe

I have like 15 watches. Mostly Skagen for daily watches, one is a Hybrid Smart Watch, and I have a Movado for more classy events. I have been looking at TAG Heuer's smart watch...the Calibre E4. Its gorgeous but its $2grand and at the moment I don't need to be spending that kind of money on a watch. LoL
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 11:38 PM   #36
Kilabyte
I'm Batman!
Poland
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M3 6MT

Just a smartwatch, but one that looks like a watch, sorry apples, loving being able to read and respond to notifications with the phone in my pocket. Handy when I'm driving since I refuse to use my phone during that time. Especially handy during meetings where checking your phone is frowned upon.

S55, 2JZ, M48.00

Last edited by Kilabyte; 03-23-2022 at 01:46 AM..
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614883.50
      03-22-2022, 11:57 PM   #37
Nuckle
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Defender X

Bought myself a Rolex Sub for my 40th 8 years ago. I wear it daily. Been tough to hold on to it with the current market.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 03:56 AM   #38
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Garmin tactix solar since delivered last year December.
Alternatively one of my two Tutima watches or H3 tactical

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 08:02 AM   #39
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
I forget where but I do remember reading about having a "sleep time apple watch". What benefit does it have for you to have a sleeping watch?
It tracks your sleep hours, and plots them in the HealthKit app. For those who are not on massive doses of vitamin pee (water pills), it also sends a congratulatory message every morning for accomplishing your sleep goal. In my case, it plots my hourly trips to the driver's lounge. (As I write this at 8:55 AM, my watch is already showing that I have already have 8 hours towards my hourly stand ring today because of overnight bathroom trips.)

The newer watches also have improved pulse/cardiac monitors and alerting compared to my night Series 3. When your ticker is electrically hot-wired as badly as mine is, every alert may be a life-saver.

The most important reason for my night watch is home control. I can tell Siri to turn on the garage floodlights if I hear a bear rattling the garbage cans at 3 AM without getting out of bed. More recently, there was a thunderstorm last week in the middle of the night, and I turned the automatic dog door off before our OCD psycho dog could make it to the door in full-charge knucklehead mode to try and bite the lightning from the back yard.

It's probably worth mentioning that the Apple engineers programmed for people to have multiple watches, and your stats magically move between them as you switch back and forth between them.....
      03-23-2022, 08:11 AM   #40
e90335e36m3
M3
Rep
Drives: M3s

Here's a more provocative question...is it OK to wear a fitbit on one arm and an analog watch on the other? As I said in earlier my post, I find watches to be more a fashion accessory than a function of utility and that's why I don't have a digital (iWatch). If I already have a phone, I see it as redundant. I do like the health aspect of a digital watch, hence the fitbit, but wearing an iWatch on one arm and an analog on the other is silly.
So, how about it, fitbit on one arm, analog watch on the other. What's the consensus?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 08:13 AM   #41
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
It tracks your sleep hours, and plots them in the HealthKit app. For those who are not on massive doses of vitamin pee (water pills), it also sends a congratulatory message every morning for accomplishing your sleep goal. In my case, it plots my hourly trips to the driver's lounge. (As I write this at 8:55 AM, my watch is already showing that I have already have 8 hours towards my hourly stand ring today because of overnight bathroom trips.)

The newer watches also have improved pulse/cardiac monitors and alerting compared to my night Series 3. When your ticker is electrically hot-wired as badly as mine is, every alert may be a life-saver.

The most important reason for my night watch is home control. I can tell Siri to turn on the garage floodlights if I hear a bear rattling the garbage cans at 3 AM without getting out of bed. More recently, there was a thunderstorm last week in the middle of the night, and I turned the automatic dog door off before our OCD psycho dog could make it to the door in full-charge knucklehead mode to try and bite the lightning from the back yard.

It's probably worth mentioning that the Apple engineers programmed for people to have multiple watches, and your stats magically move between them as you switch back and forth between them.....
The home automation is a nice touch, we have alexa still and anywhere in the house it is always listening... sometimes its nice, most of the time I just hate the idea.

I like sleeping with my watch for the sleep summary, blood oxygenation reports (can help detect sleep apnea), and it gives a more complete picture of your "body battery" or how much energy you might have given your activities during the day and your amount and quality of sleep.

I also generally wake up much earlier than DW and I get a much gentler wake up for both of us with a vibrating alarm on my wrist instead of sound. Apparently I got much better sleep than normal last night, aside from my dog needing out at 1:30am.
Attached Images

2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614883.50
      03-23-2022, 08:32 AM   #42
Bas_Met_Wielen
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i GT

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=467
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 08:44 AM   #43
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
I dunno why but I felt like buying one of those smartwatches that records heartbeat, # steps, when you sleep and deep sleep: if you guys can tell me how it can tell the last one, great because it's pretty neat to me.
Depends on the watch. Some track heart rate and movement to tell where you are at in your sleep cycle and some track just one or the other of those.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 09:17 AM   #44
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

I have a Garmin Vivoactive3. I wore it everyday while deployed, but once I got home I took it off and now I can't seem to get myself to make a habit of wearing it. I do toss it on when I run or workout to track that stuff, but otherwise its a desk decoration now.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 0