XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

05-18-2024, 05:34 AM   #1
scradley
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 x5 35d

No audio from aux/bluetooth

Hello there. Having an issue with bluetooth/aux not producing any sound.

Backstory goes as follows

I installed a Wakaa carplay screen in my 2012 x5. Plugged it all in and tested before reassembling everything and it worked great. After reinstalling the dash unit the aux no longer worked. I still have radio audio and chimes, and the bluetooth and wired carplay connects and functions as it should on the screen, it shows the music is playing but i have no sound. I replaced the combox at the rear of the vehicle and still nothing. I have a red light in the fibre optic cable at the combox so im assuming i didnt damage it??? I figure if the radio produces sound then the amp is ok?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2024, 08:58 AM   #2
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Did you disassemble and confirm the aux cable is still connected to monitor harness? I’ve had this happen a couple times….

Also use compressed air on the aux cable plugs to blow off any tiny debris, which will affect sound.
      06-29-2024, 05:02 PM   #3
travman33316
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i

Did you ever figure out what the issue was on the audio? We have the same problem, installed the WAKAA unit... everything works except for the sound. You can faintly hear the sound if you turn the volume to max. Wondering if it is maybe a grounding issue.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2024, 07:19 PM   #4
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Have you double checked your Monitor factory settings? All the monitors are similar, but here are the Settings my monitor is set to...just listing those possibly related to OEM Aux In:

FUNCTION>AMPLIFIER SELECTION> OEM Amplifer (vs Aftermarket Amplifier)
VEHICLE>AUX SWITCHING MODES> Automatic
VEHICLE>AUX AUTO SWITCHING> Harman
VEHICLE>MAP KEY SELECTION> Car Navi
VEHICLE>MODE KEY SELECTION> Disabled
CAN PROTOCOL> CIC (...confirm)

You're monitor may have others.

I recommend everyone, FIRST TIME YOU JUMP INTO FACTORY SETTINGS, capture the baseline settings from the vendor you received your unit from...you may need them in the future.