XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

06-28-2021, 08:17 PM   #1
2009_X5owner
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

P0326: Knock Sensor (Bank 1)

First time BMW owner, bought my 2009 X5 30i about 3 weeks ago with 110K miles. To my frustration, barely went through a tank of gas when an engine light popped up (code is subject line).

Apparently, this is very rare problem and my concern is what else could this be besides just the knock sensor malfunctioning? I certainly plan to test/replace the knock sensor and the intake manifold gaskets as part of this process. ANY HELP or insight is greatly appreciated.

I don't think this will be a difficult job, but I'm also looking for any help on "other" parts I should replace while I have the intake manifold off???? I've read a few things where people just replace a host of sensors (crankshaft position, camshaft, etc.) and I'm really not prone to replacing good parts.... but some people in this community feel that 100K+ miles on BMWs and there are numerous parts/sensors that love to fail quickly. Thoughts???
Appreciate 0