XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

04-17-2018, 08:33 AM   #419
SH0CKED
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

Can anyone confirm Dealers are still performing this Bulletin?

I barely touched my vent hoses last night and it snapped in half.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 12:37 PM   #420
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH0CKED View Post
Can anyone confirm Dealers are still performing this Bulletin?

I barely touched my vent hoses last night and it snapped in half.
I don't believe there's an expiration date on this campaign.

The campaign however is for the N63 and your profile shows X5M (S63).
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 08:10 AM   #421
heatmizr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 50i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloK View Post
Brother is a SA...

Good news for us N63 owners...

N63 replacement engines dropped significantly in price early Jan and there was just another big drop today. It's a complete, rebuilt engine, with upgraded seals/components - 2 year warranty.

%73 drop in past 90 days.

https://www.jakesweeneybmwparts.com/...xoCFVoQAvD_BwE

I have BMW NA contributing 4K already to this repair so we're waiting to see what the Rep says. as they think the engine price might continue to drop.

I'll come back on Friday, so sorry for delay.

Is it Friday yet? :-)
Any update?
e90 328i - sold
e36 M3 - Gone to become a track star
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 08:19 AM   #422
heatmizr
Captain
United_States
Rep

In other news...

Who else got a letter regarding BANG VS BMW class action lawsuit Settlement over the N63 ???
It's regarding the oil consumption issues and premature battery failures.

It's an interesting read! IF it gets approved, it offers multiple forms of compensation for N63 owners (not just X5's) starting on the Effective Date (tbd) including:
- reimbursement for oil change costs, oil purchases, roadside towing fees, and battery replacement costs.
- 3x oil consumption tests, if all three fail, engine replacement (!) with owner cost prorated based on mileage, up to 120k at which point you pay total engine cost.
- 3 free future oil change services
- New Vehicle discount of $1,000 or $1,500 depending on model (transferable to family members)

I'll let all that sink in. The letter goes into much more detail.

So WATCH for this medium large white envelope in the mail, from
"Bang Settlement Administrator"
e90 328i - sold
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 10:25 AM   #423
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatmizr View Post
In other news...

Who else got a letter regarding BANG VS BMW class action lawsuit Settlement over the N63 ???
It's regarding the oil consumption issues and premature battery failures.

It's an interesting read! IF it gets approved, it offers multiple forms of compensation for N63 owners (not just X5's) starting on the Effective Date (tbd) including:
- reimbursement for oil change costs, oil purchases, roadside towing fees, and battery replacement costs.
- 3x oil consumption tests, if all three fail, engine replacement (!) with owner cost prorated based on mileage, up to 120k at which point you pay total engine cost.
- 3 free future oil change services
- New Vehicle discount of $1,000 or $1,500 depending on model (transferable to family members)

I'll let all that sink in. The letter goes into much more detail.

So WATCH for this medium large white envelope in the mail, from
"Bang Settlement Administrator"
I got it yesterday as well. Will need to read through it more carefully.

I'm pretty sure at least one forum member here is part of the group that filed this class action lawsuit.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2018, 09:09 PM   #424
heatmizr
Captain
United_States
Rep

After reading through it I think I (and anyone) ought to "opt in". You won't get any benefits if you don't, and the only advantage is if you are going to bring your own lawsuit.
What do you think Jeff?
e90 328i - sold
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2018, 01:39 PM   #425
sruss2354
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5M & X5 50i M-Sport

Got mine in the mail recently too. I called BMW of Pleasant Grove, Utah and they weren't familiar with it.

You do have to opt-in on this new one, but any N63 engine should be eligible for N63 Customer Care Package. You are required to have this inspection and to opt-in to the Settlement. Other benefits were mentioned above. Here is the website for all the details:
https://bangclasssettlement.com/

The final court date is Sept. 10th. I've had serious oil issues and just performed an oil transfer case replacement which was about $2500 bucks! I wonder if that will be covered?? :/
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2018, 04:03 PM   #426
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatmizr View Post
After reading through it I think I (and anyone) ought to "opt in". You won't get any benefits if you don't, and the only advantage is if you are going to bring your own lawsuit.
What do you think Jeff?
I dunno, seems like a lot of extra work 'opting in' - I'm sure they did that on purpose. I don't have a ton of out of pocket expenses on mine, everything was covered by BMW for the most part. Other than a few quarts of oil I purchased along the way...no towing bills, already had free battery replacements, etc.

But I'll admit I hate reading this type of stuff and I haven't covered it in detail, so maybe I'm overlooking something..
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 08:15 PM   #427
Frankkao14
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X6 50i

I got the BANG VS BMW class action lawsuit Settlement about two weeks ago and I contacted the dealership near my place and they said they weren't familiar with it and it will take some time for them to look into it...
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 04:59 PM   #428
ItsJustMe
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

FYI: October 10th is the deadline to "opt in".
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 07:34 AM   #429
heatmizr
Captain
United_States
Rep

My letter says that by doing nothing you are part of the settlement! I am referring to the second part with the engine oil consumption tests/engine replacement. Like Jiggz, I don't have enough oil purchase expenses to bother with the first part.
We better get this straight so ppl know what to do.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2018, 05:43 PM   #430
Frankkao14
Private
Rep

Dropped off my car at the dealership couple days ago for the N63 settlement and the dealer just confirmed with me that I will be getting a new engine but the engine won't be here until Feb...the mileage is recorded at the dealer so I will be paying 15% out of pocket for the engine replacement. In my opinion I think that is not a bad deal at all.

I had all my repairs done at the dealership so everything went smoothly. If you had some of the repairs done outside of the dealership they can void everything for the n63 settlement.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2018, 01:59 PM   #431
elmasry17
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW x5 50!

Hello all,

Same here just dropped my 2011 x5 50i at the dealer and they said i failed the oil consumption for the third time so bmw agreed to replace the whole engine and based of my mileage i will have to contribute 30% which is like roughly $4100 tax included and it will come with 2 year unlimited miles warranty. My question is will they replace the whole engine and new turbos as well? My service advisor said we will let you know once they receive the new engine from Germany but im assuming if they will replace the whole block they should replace the turbos as well. Does anyone have any idea what other components will be replaced when putting a new engine in? Will that solve all issues that im having which is crazy misfiring and lots of oil consumption as well. Thanks for anyone who would like to share his or her thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2018, 12:58 AM   #432
Hanebo
Rep
Drives: E90 335i|E70 X5 50i M-Sport

They will not replace the turbos unless you pay for new ones. When they take the engine out I would have them look at the turbos and see if they need replacing. My X5 had the engine replaced last July and they replaced all the turbo oil lines, but not the turbos because they looked okay(turbos had 47k). I think the reman engine come with new spark plug, but not ignition coil and fuel injectors which they reused. The valve stems in the new engine are upgraded from the old design and are made to withstand higher heat (thats what the mechanic said anyway). Once you get the new engine you should be in good shape.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2018, 12:54 PM   #433
elmasry17
Private
Rep

thank you so much brotha! Just got an email from my service adviser saying that bmw na instructed the dealer to do engine replacement with both new turbo chargers and and all associated parts and the repair does not include transmission and its components as it was not part of the class action lawsuit, which im ok with that lol. so im hoping they use new fuel injectors
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2018, 04:18 PM   #434
elmasry17
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanebo View Post
They will not replace the turbos unless you pay for new ones. When they take the engine out I would have them look at the turbos and see if they need replacing. My X5 had the engine replaced last July and they replaced all the turbo oil lines, but not the turbos because they looked okay(turbos had 47k). I think the reman engine come with new spark plug, but not ignition coil and fuel injectors which they reused. The valve stems in the new engine are upgraded from the old design and are made to withstand higher heat (thats what the mechanic said anyway). Once you get the new engine you should be in good shape.

After you replaced the remanufactured engine how was the performance? Any issues you faced like oil consumption or any misfires? Hows the fuel consumption? Did you feel any difference in performance? Please let me know your feedback. Thanks a bunch
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 07:45 PM   #435
aloyouis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 x28 MSport

I just picked up a 2012 X5 4.4 last Thursday. Am I screwed as part of this lawsuit?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 11:35 AM   #436
elmasry17
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloyouis View Post
I just picked up a 2012 X5 4.4 last Thursday. Am I screwed as part of this lawsuit?
Take it to bmw dealer and see if you fail oil consumption test twice.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 01:29 PM   #437
heatmizr
Captain
United_States
Rep

Wow, the amount of conflicting info on this is staggering.
Some (most?) Dealers know nothing about it.
Replace block vs total engine vs engine + turbos and all assoc parts
Some Some folks say its opt-in, my letter says by doing nothing you are part of the settlement.
I could swear my letter stated that the THREE oil consumption test had to occur AFTER Oct 10. How are ppl failing three tests in 3 weeks?
Got to say this state of affairs is nothing new though!

For those with a new engine deal, did they tell you what the total price of the remanu engine was, that your portion was calculated from?
As posted above someone stated the prices are dropping like a rock. However, most ppl have not seen the new engines, some have been returned to Germany, or waiting to ship. What a cluster. What good is a great deal on an engine that will arrive NEXT YEAR.
e90 328i - sold
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 06:48 PM   #438
aloyouis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 x28 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloyouis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmasry17 View Post
Take it to bmw dealer and see if you fail oil consumption test twice.
OK. Thanks.

How about in terms of the timing? It seems the date just passed?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 07:26 PM   #439
Frankkao14
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmasry17 View Post
thank you so much brotha! Just got an email from my service adviser saying that bmw na instructed the dealer to do engine replacement with both new turbo chargers and and all associated parts and the repair does not include transmission and its components as it was not part of the class action lawsuit, which im ok with that lol. so im hoping they use new fuel injectors

So you will be getting a new engine with new turbos?

The dealer told me I will only be getting a complete engine except turbo chargers.

Did they tell you when you will be getting the new engine?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2018, 07:20 AM   #440
elmasry17
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankkao14 View Post
So you will be getting a new engine with new turbos?

The dealer told me I will only be getting a complete engine except turbo chargers.

Did they tell you when you will be getting the new engine?
Well my service adviser told me that verbally so i was like can you email me exactly what will be replaced so she did and specifically told me the whole engine has to be replaced plus new turbos and its associated parts. so if they change their mind later than i have proof to back it up. They said the engine will be ordered from germany and it should get her by mid Jan.
Appreciate 0