XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

03-05-2019, 02:02 PM   #111
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-FLT View Post
So I repaired the ccv pipe with some aluminum dryer vent tape. Started up .. chug, chug for a second and then right into Cold Start and idling fine. Backed out of garage and dropped into drive and then it just started chugging again.. will run ok with throttle but idle basically stalls out.

Just got this thing last week.. 2 miles off the delivery truck I got an Eng Malfunction warning. I ended up finding open vac lines from exhaust valves. PO changed the exhaust. That was all good til yesterday when this happened. The saga shall continue

I suspect as I'm sealing up these vac leaks more are being exposed...
Last August the I was going into limp mode and was also having idling issues. I looked under the hood and saw my vent pipes were cracked. Assuming this was the cause of my issues replaced them but still had the same symptoms. On a scan I was getting a cylinder 5 misfire. I replaced the coil on the cyl and the car has been fine since KNOCK ON WOOD. Correct me if I'm wrong but these are vent pipes and should not impact boost pressure. Like i said; correct me if i'm wrong, I probably am.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 04:11 PM   #112
pdX5M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-FLT View Post
So I repaired the ccv pipe with some aluminum dryer vent tape. Started up .. chug, chug for a second and then right into Cold Start and idling fine. Backed out of garage and dropped into drive and then it just started chugging again.. will run ok with throttle but idle basically stalls out.

Just got this thing last week.. 2 miles off the delivery truck I got an Eng Malfunction warning. I ended up finding open vac lines from exhaust valves. PO changed the exhaust. That was all good til yesterday when this happened. The saga shall continue

I suspect as I'm sealing up these vac leaks more are being exposed...
Last August the I was going into limp mode and was also having idling issues. I looked under the hood and saw my vent pipes were cracked. Assuming this was the cause of my issues replaced them but still had the same symptoms. On a scan I was getting a cylinder 5 misfire. I replaced the coil on the cyl and the car has been fine since KNOCK ON WOOD. Correct me if I'm wrong but these are vent pipes and should not impact boost pressure. Like i said; correct me if i'm wrong, I probably am.
If you're talking about the corrugated pipe that runs across the top of the turbo heat shield I believe that is a vacuum line and not a vent pipe and thus will affect boost pressure. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong though since I've only had my M a couple months but have been doing LOTS of reading for about the past 4 months.
- 2013 X5 M - Silverstone Metallic w/ Black Perforated Complete Merino - All OEM Options - 12.5mm/20mm Spacers - Velos Stage 2 - xHP Stage 3 - AA Catless - Megan Racing Supremo - PTP Blanket - K&N Drop In -
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 06:31 PM   #113
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Yea I'm not sure. They are all listed under crankcase ventilation. Someone more knowledgeable then I will have to clarify. http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=11_4291
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 01:43 AM   #114
Autobacs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X6M

Garage List
Can someone please give me the diameter of that connecting line, for heat shielding purposes: https://www.heatshieldproducts.com/thermaflect-sleeve
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 08:06 AM   #115
9vapors
Major
Rep
Drives: CB X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobacs View Post
Can someone please give me the diameter of that connecting line, for heat shielding purposes: https://www.heatshieldproducts.com/thermaflect-sleeve
The problem with that is you'll have to get it large enough to fit over the end connectors. I just ordered the DEI heat shroud. It has Velcro and fits from 1/2"-1 1/4". Should be here on the 11th.
Appreciate 1
Autobacs1260.00
      07-28-2019, 03:07 PM   #116
askjeeves
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3/spece30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbasic2 View Post
I have a similar problem, mine conecting tube was splited in half, but when i connect both ends, engine start to missfiring shutting down cyl1, cyl4, etc...

When i leave tube splited, it has engine light but all cylinders working, i delete engine faults and chk engine wont come back until next cold start.
Car seems to have all power but little rough idling.

Also on splited connecting tube only rhd side have vacuum, on lhd side there is no pressure. I changed vented duct on lhd but no change...

On carly i am getting throttle angle-manifold vacuum-corellation and charge air cooling-energy operation.

All problems started after season in garage without start and low battery warnings.

Please help someone

Anyone know the right solution for this problem? Passenger side vent line was leaking a little so I replaced it. That led to the car running rough/misfiring on idle. Runs okay once moving. If I disconnect the passenger side vent line and partially cover it so it’s leaking a little it starts to idle correctly again. Related to check valve in driver side filtered air duct?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2019, 04:25 PM   #117
J0hnnyB0yx5m
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M

Looks like I'm having same problem.. any help on where to order parts online would help.. my drivers side intercooler tubing ripped see that it very common and all my breather hose connection are leaking.. looked for cracks and smokes the breather lines and looks like there's no cracks in line it's actually the o-rings inside the connections.. and help with where I could get the parts would be very helpful thanks again
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-29-2019, 06:38 PM   #118
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Go to: realoem.com and put in th last 7 or your vin. Browse the schematics until you find your parts, copy the part numbers you need and Google it, you will find your best deal among the results. Every part is different as to who will have the cheapest. Ask your local dealer is they will match, alot of time they will be come close, which is handy if you need it now and don't have time to wait.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 09:30 AM   #119
J0hnnyB0yx5m
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks man I checked every diagram n that one intercooler pipe not labeled and I don't see o-rings where vent line are maybe they don't sell just o-rings they wanna sell ya the whole line I guess.. I'll keep looking thanks man
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 09:47 AM   #120
J0hnnyB0yx5m
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

For some reason it's showing that intercooler hose in one big piece idk why.. I put in vin even tryed change the production date around all same thing
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 02:37 AM   #121
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

My top hose is leaking too.....58000km on the car. Problem started at cold start in the mornings and during the cold start sequence the rpm would dip low and throw a CEL. See attached pics of the errors and pics of the leaking vent. Will be changing all three hoses and will order DEI https://designengineering.com/heat-shroud/ and that should be enough to cover all 3 vent hoses.

We did swap out coils on cyl 2 and 3 just for the F of it thinking that'l be the issue but i guess its the leaky hoses. Funny thing also, my original coils are Bosch. Will order new ELDORs as I might as well change them or have them on standby
Attached Images

2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2019, 12:23 PM   #122
Bemd375
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5, m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports View Post
My top hose is leaking too.....58000km on the car. Problem started at cold start in the mornings and during the cold start sequence the rpm would dip low and throw a CEL. See attached pics of the errors and pics of the leaking vent. Will be changing all three hoses and will order DEI https://designengineering.com/heat-shroud/ and that should be enough to cover all 3 vent hoses.

We did swap out coils on cyl 2 and 3 just for the F of it thinking that'l be the issue but i guess its the leaky hoses. Funny thing also, my original coils are Bosch. Will order new ELDORs as I might as well change them or have them on standby

Hey did you fix the issue? If so what was the fix?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2019, 12:27 PM   #123
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemd375 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports View Post

Hey did you fix the issue? If so what was the fix?
Yes, injectors on cylinders 1,2 & 7 were bad along with cracked bent hose so all replaced. Just picked up the car today and it ran good, thanks God.
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0