XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

03-15-2019, 10:01 AM   #1
e92BMW///M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Post Accident Wheel and Tire Question

Had an accident that appears to have totaled my wife's e71 X6, and a couple of questions.

1) I spoke with the insurance company and they let me know that as long as I coordinated with the salvage yard, it shouldn't be an issue to swap out the winter rims/tires currently on the car (Style 232s with winter tires) for the all seasons (staggered 214s with Bridgestone RFTs) because they wouldn't be attributing any different value to the two sets since neither were purchased recently enough. We have an e70 X5M, was wondering if the 232s would clear, especially in the front. The rears seem to be an exact match (19x9, +18 offset, 72.5 hub) but the fronts have slightly different offsets based on my comparison to the 298m (+37 vs. +48); other specs seem to match. If I added a spacer would that be enough to clear the larger brakes of the X5M or is the barrel too small or other area that would cause rubbing?

2) Given the impact to the car was on the right front (suspension caved), is there a way to test the integrity of the rim? The tire is still inflated, but before putting it on another car I would want to test it or replace it potentially.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 11:31 AM   #2
mitch808
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35i

Most wheel repair shops will offer a free test to see if your wheel is bent. Obviously you can also look for any visible cracks or bends too.
Appreciate 0