XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-12-2017, 01:10 PM   #177
Birdoprey
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 50i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
Assuming everything is going smoothly?
Well sir, it seems to be! lol

Have not had an issue since picking it up after the alt/battery replacement. Had them change the oil since the break in oil had right at 1400 mi on it. Have put another 1700 miles on it since. Longest run yet with out any issues(little over two weeks now).
Still love the vehicle. Just want it to stay going this time! lol

Sorry I've not kept everyone updated. Have had a lot going on recently(death in the family, job change, etc).
Appreciate 2
      11-16-2017, 09:20 PM   #178
Birdoprey
Private
Rep

Wanted to update.

No issues at all since the alt/battery issue. Have just under 5000 mi on the new motor right now.
      11-17-2017, 09:13 AM   #179
nomz09
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdoprey View Post
Wanted to update.

No issues at all since the alt/battery issue. Have just under 5000 mi on the new motor right now.
thats a lot of trouble man.. i was in the same boat as you. bought my 2007 x5 in bmw owned by autonation. after a week, my 4x4 system came out in an error. brought to them and it was alternator issue. it was in the dealer in for like 2 weeks as 90 day warranty havent approved it yet. so, i just decided to just trade it in.. now i realized, i should complained and maybe i can just trade it in with the same price i got. pretty much i lost like $5k in trade in on the car for only 1 week i used... but glad all is good. fun car...
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 02:32 PM   #180
complexCarlo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 35d

Birdoprey,

Thanks for allowing me to read and relate to another fustrated first time BMW customer. Being patient and understanding that these things can happen to anyone (its just unlucky it happened to us) is much more conducive to positive outcomes such as your case. I really hope to hear that you have kept up with maintenance and in return the car has kept a smile on you and your families face. Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 04:22 PM   #181
Birdoprey
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by complexCarlo View Post
Birdoprey,

Thanks for allowing me to read and relate to another fustrated first time BMW customer. Being patient and understanding that these things can happen to anyone (its just unlucky it happened to us) is much more conducive to positive outcomes such as your case. I really hope to hear that you have kept up with maintenance and in return the car has kept a smile on you and your families face. Cheers!
Well, it did turn out good for the most part. I will NEVER deal with AutoNation ANYTHING again.
My X5 started smoking a few weeks ago and after some checking it looks like at least one turbo needs rebuilding. I have def kept up with maintenance.
I hope things turn out good for you. The X5 is a great vehicle...when its not breaking down...