XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

07-25-2017, 09:31 AM   #67
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Any news OP?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2017, 07:39 PM   #68
Birdoprey
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 50i M Sport

Got a call from BMW of Dallas this afternoon. Different rep though. This rep said my normal rep has been sick and i got thrown in his lap and he just wanted to let me know he just received my file and he needed to review it to get up to speed and that he would call me no later than tomorrow morning when he knew where they were at with it. I asked questions but he knew nothing as of right then. I mentioned that i had asked about a loaner a week ago and had not heard anything. He said he would see what he could do for me.
So...back to Hurry up and wait....
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 10:29 AM   #69
Birdoprey
Private
Rep

New BMW rep called 1st thing this morning and told me they got me a loaner. Now I just gotta drive 350 one way to pick it up. He also stated that the mechanic that has been working on my X5 was not at work yet but when he got there he would get with him and see where we are at and let me know.
A little progress, but still....hurry up and wait....
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 04:04 PM   #70
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdoprey View Post
New BMW rep called 1st thing this morning and told me they got me a loaner. Now I just gotta drive 350 one way to pick it up. He also stated that the mechanic that has been working on my X5 was not at work yet but when he got there he would get with him and see where we are at and let me know.
A little progress, but still....hurry up and wait....
Hey take advantage of the loaner program !! Put miles on their car not yours!

Plus it's fun tooling around in a brand new car for a while!

My z4 took a month to fix and I put like 5k miles on their loaner . Lots of trips to Michigan that month!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 05:52 PM   #71
Birdoprey
Private
Rep

Picked up the loaner yesterday. Its a 2017 330i with 4600 miles on it. Pretty nice car. Fun to drive. Not near as comfy as my X5, but much better than what i would have ended up with from Autonation Ford. They said they normally would give me an X5 but they did not have one available so they were going to give me an X3. I didn't want anything smaller than the X5 so i asked for a car. They said no problem. Picking the loaner up only took 15min. Everyone very nice and professional. Enjoyed the 350 mi drive back home last night.
At the moment, i'm waiting to hear back from BMW. Was told i would hear something around this time today....

Hurry up and wait!
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34448.50
      07-27-2017, 05:55 PM   #72
Poppyboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 3.5i w/ SA Package

Garage List
1976 Triumph TR6  [10.00]
1993 Bentley Turbo R  [10.00]
2011 X5  [10.00]
#HUAW
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 09:05 PM   #73
j6yd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 50i & Dog Powered Longboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Yea stories like yours is what made me get the 35i and it's got 125k miles now and the only issue it's ever had was the transfer case failing, but that was because the front and rear tires where off percentage wise. Otherwise it's been as reliable as any car I've ever had.

I know theirs tunes out their to get you very close to 50i territory and wondering if I should do it. Just don't want to make it fail sooner.
BMW makes great inline 6 cylinders but they need more work on making a super reliable v8.

Funny though but the X5M's v8 I guess is more reliable than their non M engine. Who would guess!

I think there are less x5m's being daily'ed I'm guessing but then again there aren't many 50i's either on the streets around central fl.

Last edited by j6yd; 11-26-2017 at 09:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2017, 10:30 PM   #74
Birdoprey
Private
Rep

Update!

Was told Wed late that i would hear something in 24hrs about what they found. Well...48hrs later i called and got the rep. He tells me they are swamped and have not gotten to it. Said the mechanic should be getting to it tomorrow or Monday.

Holding steady at Hurry up and wait....
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2017, 01:15 PM   #75
UglyBuzzard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 / M5

Quote:
Update!

Was told Wed late that i would hear something in 24hrs about what they found. Well...48hrs later i called and got the rep. He tells me they are swamped and have not gotten to it. Said the mechanic should be getting to it tomorrow or Monday.

You must be Gandhi.

At least get that ford dealership to do a real detail and paint polish on your car. Any cosmetic issues, they should take care of as well. You are way too patient and deserve some reciprocity.
Appreciate 1
      07-29-2017, 02:10 PM   #76
beachcomberx5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyBuzzard View Post
Quote:
Update!

You must be Gandhi.

At least get that ford dealership to do a real detail and paint polish on your car. Any cosmetic issues, they should take care of as well. You are way too patient and deserve some reciprocity.
I agree I would have blown a gasket by now. Sounds like a double two step
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2017, 03:23 PM   #77
Poppyboy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 X5  [10.00]
I would have probably at least discussed this with a lawyer by now to see if the selling dealership needs to be put on notice. The selling dealership cannot disclaim the warranty of merchantability by selling As-Is if there's potential fraud. By fraud, I'm referring to a potential known condition when they went to sell the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 10:51 AM   #78
JoeyBimX5din
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMX X5 Xdrive50i

Why blow a gasket?

I know a lot of time and effort has been put into this situation, but the bottom line is,

You have a newish loaner, for the price of a used car payment. They can take as long as they want if I was in his shoes.

Before talking to a lawyer, why not talk to the dealer first? It seems in poor judgement to not escalate the situation progressively.
1995 BMW 540i6 - H&R Lowering Springs, Bilstein's, Racing Dynamics Bars, Catback, Short shifter
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 12:22 PM   #79
SyL3nTFoRcE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

OP are you ok with them taking this long and are you willing to wait for them to fix it?

reason why i ask is because not everyone is ok with something like this happening after buying a car.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 01:00 PM   #80
jandref321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

I agree with JoeyBimX5din. I'd be upset, but getting angry and freaking out is never the answer. Read some Marcus Aurelius and do some yoga
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 05:23 PM   #81
Poppyboy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 X5  [10.00]
It's not freaking out to reserve your rights. It's great that some of you are so naïve as to not consider the situation as a whole and still not be supremely disturbed by it. Putting people on notice is how things get done after people piss in your ear and tell you it's raining for so long, which is what the dealer has been doing. It's been two weeks since an estimate was submitted, and they still don't know. That's nonsense. The OP has been more than understanding to this point.

Last edited by Poppyboy; 07-31-2017 at 07:12 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 07:32 PM   #82
Birdoprey
Private
Rep

Sorry for the late update....

Sat i got a call from a lady at Autonation Ford. She said she had my new plates for my X5.....I chuckled and said "Great! They should look good on my wall". She was more than a little confused, so i explained that its been in the shop basically since i got it. She asked what happened and i kinda went off on her. I apologized probably 10 times as i knew it was not her problem and knew she was not the one to talk to about it. I did not rant and rave, but explained in detail my frustration. I also explained that i had yet to get a call/text/email from ANYONE at Autonation Ford that did not stem from me calling numerous times and practically begging(no, i have not begged). Low and behold, not 15 min later Alex(the sales rep that actually sold me the BMW) texted me telling me he was sorry for the lack of communication. So, i went off on him via text. He assured me he would be keeping in touch.
Monday, i got a text from Alex stating he was in touch with the rep at BMW that is dealing with my vehicle. He would be letting me know when he had more info.

Monday afternoon i got a call from the BMW rep stating that the warranty/insurance company requested the original inspection sheet where my vehicle was inspected when it was "certified". BMW rep was having trouble contacting someone with Autonation Ford to get that. I texted Alex telling him BMW's needs. Alex assured me he would get it to them.

Today, i called BMW rep and he stated that they had yet to receive the inspection sheet. He also stated that they found metal in the pan/bottom end and that my X5 needed a new motor. BMW rep was sure the warranty/ins company was going to want to send another inspector to look at the bottom end. I texted Alex and told him they had not received the inspection and he told me he had not been able to get ahold of BMW today and that they should have the info. He said he would check into it.

Just FYI, from my experience, yelling and screaming never benefits anyone. I'm not that way. I've found it best to be very cordial and respectful but stress my frustration and get them to see things from my perspective.
That being said, things are getting to a point that i'm getting pissed and considering talking to a lawyer. Never done that before. Afraid that a lawyer may benefit me in some ways but cost me $$$ which i can't afford. May not be able to afford no to...

Wondering what the warranty/ins company will end up doing? If they replace the motor, will they/can they replace it with a used motor? Not sure i want that. Not sure i have a say in what they end up doing.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 08:08 PM   #83
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:

Sat i got a call from a lady at Autonation Ford. She said she had my new plates for my X5.....I chuckled and said "Great! They should look good on my wall". She was more than a little confused, so i explained that its been in the shop basically since i got it. She asked what happened and i kinda went off on her. I apologized probably 10 times as i knew it was not her problem and knew she was not the one to talk to about it. I did not rant and rave, but explained in detail my frustration. I also explained that i had yet to get a call/text/email from ANYONE at Autonation Ford that did not stem from me calling numerous times and practically begging(no, i have not begged). Low and behold, not 15 min later Alex(the sales rep that actually sold me the BMW) texted me telling me he was sorry for the lack of communication. So, i went off on him via text. He assured me he would be keeping in touch.
Monday, i got a text from Alex stating he was in touch with the rep at BMW that is dealing with my vehicle. He would be letting me know when he had more info.

Monday afternoon i got a call from the BMW rep stating that the warranty/insurance company requested the original inspection sheet where my vehicle was inspected when it was "certified". BMW rep was having trouble contacting someone with Autonation Ford to get that. I texted Alex telling him BMW's needs. Alex assured me he would get it to them.

Today, i called BMW rep and he stated that they had yet to receive the inspection sheet. He also stated that they found metal in the pan/bottom end and that my X5 needed a new motor. BMW rep was sure the warranty/ins company was going to want to send another inspector to look at the bottom end. I texted Alex and told him they had not received the inspection and he told me he had not been able to get ahold of BMW today and that they should have the info. He said he would check into it.

Just FYI, from my experience, yelling and screaming never benefits anyone. I'm not that way. I've found it best to be very cordial and respectful but stress my frustration and get them to see things from my perspective.
That being said, things are getting to a point that i'm getting pissed and considering talking to a lawyer. Never done that before. Afraid that a lawyer may benefit me in some ways but cost me $$$ which i can't afford. May not be able to afford no to...

Wondering what the warranty/ins company will end up doing? If they replace the motor, will they/can they replace it with a used motor? Not sure i want that. Not sure i have a say in what they end up doing.
A used n63 V8 ! No way!

New engine or tell them to buy the car back! End of story!

Figured it was bigger than a timing chain!

I'd see no problem in them buying the car back and giving your money back full refund!

THANK GOD you didn't buy this off the lot with a "as is" warranty!!!! You would be screwed!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 08:22 PM   #84
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Hey Bird of prey, you do you. I'm sure it has worked for how ever many years you have been on earth and it will work until you decide that doing you doesn't work anymore. Again, I for one have been following this from day one and it is every car buyers nightmare. In the end I believe AutoNation will take the vehicle back and make you whole. They really have no reason not to. And if they do not make you whole Bimmerpost as a group will send an email to the manager there everyday letting them know how we feel. Once it has come to that point post the email here and we will begin the the email war.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 09:12 PM   #85
UglyBuzzard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 / M5

Quote:

Suggest you plant the seed with Autonation that they should, in good faith, take the car back. They expect this and will not volunteer it.

This is far from reasonable and they will try to replace with rebuilt.

Call and send email to GM requesting conversation. The timing and reply will tell you what you need to know. Move on from sales rep.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 09:17 PM   #86
Poppyboy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 X5  [10.00]
Thanks for the update, OP. You should really push for them to buy it back and wash your hands of this clusterfuck. Consider that when you go to sell the car, few people are going to like the story of an engine replacement, new or used, at such low mileage, which could cast doubt on the reliability of other components. This is a diminished value concern, as well as potential fraud. I'm not saying to go around accusing people just yet, but it's hard to believe no one at the selling dealership knew this car would soon have a catastrophic failure.

Last edited by Poppyboy; 08-01-2017 at 09:20 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 09:23 PM   #87
beachcomberx5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X-5

Here's my 2 cents.

I have to believe that Autonation will only do what they are required to do under their warranty. I would read the 90 day warranty very carefully and understand which party(s) has responsibility. And if need to start using the term "lawyer" to apply pressure to get it resolved quickly. If you are off the hook because of the warranty then push for a full refund asap or threaten immediate legal action. There has to be some type of legal protection within Texas. It may help to research this issue to push AN toward swift resolution.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 09:26 PM   #88
jandref321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Damn that's disappointing. They should do a buy back. Hope it works out for you.

2020 G01 X3 30e CURRENT M Sport Package
2019 Ford Raptor SuperCrew CURRENT 802A, KN Drop-in, RB Flaps, Husky Well Liners
2012 E70 X5M SOLD Stg 1+ Turbos, DPs, Velos Stg 2+, JB4, Race Cats, Bavauto Coils
2003 E46 M3 SOLD aFe CAI, AP Axleback, SSK, H&R Springs, TMS CMBR Arms, PF RTABs
Appreciate 1