XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

05-09-2015, 07:15 AM   #67
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335d

I must say that link w the dp is nice BUT if you look closer the WELDING is somewhat desirable its not as good as the dp that Jess has made for us 335d owners
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 03:36 PM   #68
sirbikesalot
Rep
Drives: X5 35d

Now that you've done this are you able to run up to 100% biodiesel?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 12:06 PM   #69
sirbikesalot
Rep
Drives: X5 35d

This is from ncair.org faq:

What does a North Carolina emissions inspection consist of? [Back to Top]
A North Carolina emissions inspection consists of connecting a certified analyzer to the vehicle's OBDII system to verify that all vehicle emissions components/systems are working per the manufacturer specifications along with a visual safety/tamper inspection.

So it doesn't appear to distinguish among fuel types. Also, there can't be any pending or not ready codes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
NC is not a emissions inspection state for diesel vehicles. That does not mean that you are legally allowed to remove the exhaust and all related emissions equipment, simply that the inspection is safety only...
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 07:48 PM   #70
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbikesalot View Post
This is from ncair.org faq:

What does a North Carolina emissions inspection consist of? [Back to Top]
A North Carolina emissions inspection consists of connecting a certified analyzer to the vehicle's OBDII system to verify that all vehicle emissions components/systems are working per the manufacturer specifications along with a visual safety/tamper inspection.

So it doesn't appear to distinguish among fuel types. Also, there can't be any pending or not ready codes.
Diesel vehicles only are required to have a safety inspection. I own a TDi, and I assure you do not receive a emissions inspection. Tune eliminate codes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 10:32 AM   #71
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C - X3M - Turbo E46 M3 - 45E

Latest update:
P0238 code has been resolved and the random boost drop has also been resolved.

GSR Technik (Previous name: Jailbreak Tuning) down in California opened up my Bosch EDC17 ECU and loaded their tune on so we could see if it was something tuning related or if it was a sensor/mechanical issue (which I was pretty sure it wasn't). After loading the tune and taking it for a quick test drive it was instantly apparent that the issues were resolved. I drove it around for a few hours yesterday and drove it pretty hard. I got better MPG and it pulled harder and just kept pulling when I wanted to smash on it.

Needless to say I watched the tuner for Jailbreak Tuning modify about 60 different maps and even still over my last tune there was a large section of values associated with the Urea injection that needed to be turned off. (Over 100 sectors) In addition there were other torque limits that needed to be modified as well.

Overall my tuner said the initial tune was a start...but needed a lot of additional work to get it perfect. I am very happy now and I would highly advise anyone with a Megaspeed tune or any other diesel tune to talk to Jailbreak Tuning about getting a tune for your deleted X5 or 335D.

Last edited by Commanderwiggin; 05-29-2015 at 03:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 04:45 PM   #72
mastek
e36s54, e70x5d
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow

Just to summize this...
- No cats
- No DPF system
- Bench Flash Tune
Is that correct?

Will you have a dyno soon?

And the car will spew out black smoke daily, correct?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 05:00 PM   #73
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastek View Post
Just to summize this...
- No cats
- No DPF system
- Bench Flash Tune
Is that correct?

Will you have a dyno soon?

And the car will spew out black smoke daily, correct?
No DPF, No SCR, No Urea injection...straight piped turbo back.
Urea system drained and flushed.
More power and better fuel economy.
The only tune possible for this car is a flash tune...it's not possible to tune the car via the OBD Port on these vehicles. (Piggybacks aren't a tune fyi)

On WOT it will roll coal. Daily driving there is no issue with smoke only on rapid acceleration.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 05:28 PM   #74
mastek
e36s54, e70x5d
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
No DPF, No SCR, No Urea injection...straight piped turbo back.
Urea system drained and flushed.
More power and better fuel economy.
The only tune possible for this car is a flash tune...it's not possible to tune the car via the OBD Port on these vehicles. (Piggybacks aren't a tune fyi)

On WOT it will roll coal. Daily driving there is no issue with smoke only on rapid acceleration.
and dyno numbers?

What was ur mpg before vs now?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 05:59 PM   #75
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep

Quote:
and dyno numbers?

What was ur mpg before vs now?
Fuel consumption is a picky subject to review with changing road conditions/different driving styles but with my driving style I would say I've picked up 5-6MPG easily.

As for dyno numbers this is just a daily and I'm not too overly concerned with cranking out jaw breaking numbers as my car fits that bill just nicely with over 900rwhp...but I've got plans to dyno this for fun probably next month out of curiousity. ECUProgram ran it on their dyno but it's not a good dyno IMO and showed ridiculously high numbers. I will have it on a 4wheel DynoJet in SoCal which has proven to be reliable.

Last edited by Commanderwiggin; 05-20-2015 at 06:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 07:51 PM   #76
mastek
e36s54, e70x5d
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Fuel consumption is a picky subject to review with changing road conditions/different driving styles but with my driving style I would say I've picked up 5-6MPG easily.

As for dyno numbers this is just a daily and I'm not too overly concerned with cranking out jaw breaking numbers as my car fits that bill just nicely with over 900rwhp...but I've got plans to dyno this for fun probably next month out of curiousity. ECUProgram ran it on their dyno but it's not a good dyno IMO and showed ridiculously high numbers. I will have it on a 4wheel DynoJet in SoCal which has proven to be reliable.
Which 4w dyno in SoCal? SP Engineering?
5-6 mpg is significant.
Do u think u picked up approx 80 whp/100 wtq?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2015, 08:31 PM   #77
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep

Quote:
Which 4w dyno in SoCal? SP Engineering?
5-6 mpg is significant.
Do u think u picked up approx 80 whp/100 wtq?
I'll probably use FSR Motorsports; they actually mentioned wanting to throw it on the dyno one day to see so I said in a few weeks when they have some time just for fun.

My guess would be the X5D would probably be around 240-250rwhp and 380-400rwtq.
As for what it makes now...we'll have to see. I'll be happy with 300rwhp and 450rwtq. It doesn't have turbo upgrades or meth so there's no way it'll be over 330rwhp...boost mappings are conservative for a stage 2 as well since I have requested reliability over power and I'm not a fan of pushing the turbo's so far out of their efficiency range that they pump heat.

The main point of the upgrade was to make it more reliable and fun to drive; the secondary benefits were the mpg and noise...only drawback is the soot on WOT but it can be easily used for fun factor as well.

I think the next thing for reliability would be to remove the swirl flaps and bypass the EGR Cooler (coolant side)...otherwise I'm pretty happy with it.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 09:25 AM   #78
UnicornM
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M

How laborious is it to fit the DPF delete pipe? I've heard some quote 3 hours others a full day! And I guess the real question is, can it be seen to have been changed from the top or bottom?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 09:44 AM   #79
joe_planet
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d

it aint a full day, they just trying to rob you cause they dont really want to do it

i helped to do the pipe on a 335d and it took no more than 3 hours.. not knowing what to do...
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 04:10 PM   #80
UnicornM
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_planet View Post
it aint a full day, they just trying to rob you cause they dont really want to do it

i helped to do the pipe on a 335d and it took no more than 3 hours.. not knowing what to do...
OK, I guess it might be little different for RHD vehicle (In the UK)
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 01:33 PM   #81
blue dragon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 Tesla MY + '23 Tesla MY

So when is the turbo upgrade going in?
      06-11-2015, 08:28 PM   #82
nvgoldendog
Registered
Rep
Drives: E70

I have a X5 35D which I had the ECU reflashed a couple of years ago. I didn't remove the DPF or make any other physical changes, just tuned and removed speed limiter. She has run like a beast for a while now. Eventually though, I had to pull the engine out as the Exhaust manifold ended up warping and studs broke off. Also small turbo was leaking. I had the lower turbo sent out for rebuild and we ended up finding a hairline crack in the turbo where the exhaust exits. I bought a used one at a wreaking yard off a 2011 and sent that out for rebuild, it also had a crack in that same area. This may be a defect in the mold, but most likely it is being caused from the excessive heat of the exhaust. I ended up getting a new lower turbo.

Today, looking at my X5 in many pieces and the engine out, and examining the DPF, there is a lot of soot on the exit pipe, after it should have burned all the soot. Since I most likely will need to replace the DPF, I decided now is the time to go with the same thing as CommanderWiggin. I ordered the DPF bypass kit today from California, probably from the same place. Only thing I am not doing is putting a straight pipe on mine and instead clearing out the SCR contents so it is empty on the pipe.

Funny, my car is the same color as CommanderWiggin. Looking forward to the DPF removal and will re-tune/flash it.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 11:24 AM   #83
joe_planet
Captain
United_States
Rep

From what place in california? or did you mean canada? lol
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 09:57 PM   #84
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep

Just finished putting 3200 hard miles on the X5...many pulls...some towing...drove up and down the coast. With city driving and an overall speed of 56mph for the 3200miles driven...26.7mpg was the onboard computer average fuel economy. So that's real world fuel economy driving it how it should be driven.

Highway it gets about 30+mpg driving 60...28mpg driving 70...26mpg driving 80...22mpg driving 90.

Not a single issue, code, etc... The GSR Technik (Jailbreak Tuning) is the real deal...lots of power and great fuel economy to boot with amazing reliability.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 11:48 PM   #85
nvgoldendog
Registered
Rep
Drives: E70

No, I meant CA, USA. I ordered mine from MishkaPerforman, at http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...te-development

Hopefully I will have it next week. I did contact that outfit in Ireland that sells one on Ebay, but the one they sell only fits the euro model of the X5D. Not really sure what physically is different, but I guess it doesn't line up.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2015, 09:34 AM   #86
joe_planet
Captain
United_States
Rep

do they even have a website? I cant find one
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2015, 09:59 AM   #87
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_planet View Post
do they even have a website? I cant find one
GSR Technik Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/GSR-T...443969?fref=ts

Old Website: http://www.jailbreaktuning.com/
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2015, 11:32 AM   #88
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvgoldendog View Post
Joe_planet, Are you talking about the DPF bypass tube or the tuning?
Carry your conversation to PM please.
Appreciate 0