XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

02-12-2017, 01:22 PM   #199
jandref321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Did they ever actually fix these injectors? The PO of my truck had all 8 replaced under warranty in 2014. I started noticing the sypmtoms based on this thread and thought my injectors were bad. When I brought it in it turned out to be the high pressure fuel pump, bank 1 exhaust vanos solenoid, and 5 injectors were leaking. They replaced the 5 leaking injectors along with the other stuff, but I'm having difficulty understanding why the injectors are bad again.

2020 G01 X3 30e CURRENT M Sport Package
2019 Ford Raptor SuperCrew CURRENT 802A, KN Drop-in, RB Flaps, Husky Well Liners
2012 E70 X5M SOLD Stg 1+ Turbos, DPs, Velos Stg 2+, JB4, Race Cats, Bavauto Coils
2003 E46 M3 SOLD aFe CAI, AP Axleback, SSK, H&R Springs, TMS CMBR Arms, PF RTABs
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 12:51 PM   #200
denaliman
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X6M Competition

Garage List
2013 X6M  [0.00]
Car is back in shop for reduced power. 4 days now. Faulty injector 7 they say. Dealer wants $1,975 to replace the injector. These were all changed out under the recall February of 2016. They lasted 3 years. changed at 60,000 kms now truck is at 130,000 kms and they fail again. Thought I read in this forum these were supposed to be warrantied for another 120,000k ? Anyone have any paperwork on the additional warranty on replacement.

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 05:16 PM   #201
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Usually it’s 1 year covering parts. I don’t remember a mileage increase as well.

Either way, concern you and post above are experiencing issues.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 08:24 PM   #202
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliman View Post
Car is back in shop for reduced power. 4 days now. Faulty injector 7 they say. Dealer wants $1,975 to replace the injector. These were all changed out under the recall February of 2016. They lasted 3 years. changed at 60,000 kms now truck is at 130,000 kms and they fail again. Thought I read in this forum these were supposed to be warrantied for another 120,000k ? Anyone have any paperwork on the additional warranty on replacement.
You can buy a set of injectors with a lifetime warranty for less than that and honestly they're not that hard to replace, just YouTube some N54 videos since it's the same injector.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 07:12 AM   #203
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
Quote:
You can buy a set of injectors with a lifetime warranty for less than that and honestly they're not that hard to replace, just YouTube some N54 videos since it's the same injector.
Do you have a link to the where they sell the injectors so cheap?
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 09:24 PM   #204
pdX5M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
Quote:
Do you have a link to the where they sell the injectors so cheap?
FCP Euro has index 12 for under $2k

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...xoCDOoQAvD_BwE
- 2013 X5 M - Silverstone Metallic w/ Black Perforated Complete Merino - All OEM Options - 12.5mm/20mm Spacers - Velos Stage 2 - xHP Stage 3 - AA Catless - Megan Racing Supremo - PTP Blanket - K&N Drop In -
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 10:07 PM   #205
TwinSnailz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5//M

Few months ago I bought 8 at advanced auto parts for $125 each after 20% discount code. They are the new 12 index genuine Bmw. I just check the price again and holy POOP ! Its $300.
Basically if you can find it anywhere even if they are under a different name brand, you will eventually get the bmw ones. They have to remove the oem part number off the plastic case but the injector will have bmw print along with all the numbers for you to code them.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 08:30 AM   #206
Rcase
AW M Addict
Rep
Drives: BMW Collector

Round 2 - BMW Austin - Service Fee No Fix 1st

The first time we brought my wifes X5M in I spoke to the service advisor about the fuel, black deposits and the several misfire codes. He said based on the diagnostics it was certainly aligned with Injector recall. I cleared the codes before driving it 45 minutes away and either by coincidence or clearing codes the vehicle drove. We made it to BMW Austin and they of course stated it had no codes - they took the vehicle several days - service tech even drove home (noting they did not refill the vehicle). They could not reproduce so they sent me home with a service bill and nothing done. As an owner of many BMW's I am super frustrated that they not only charged me, but did not take care of the car when i had a screenshot of the errors, the reduced power warning!! "We cannot replace anything unless our computers show codes per BMW NA". I dont believe this at all, however that was the story.

Her X5M has done the same thing twice but now it happens regularly. I have setup another service at BMW of Austin for Wednesday. The car has reduced power on now and a plethora of codes.

If this is not repaired I will contact BMW NA. I am also filing for a refund on the service fee. I would have never had the codes cleared the first time if the SA did not say - yes we will replace the injectors.

This may be my last experience with BMW of Austin (North). A service department makes the business, not sales as I understand. The way service operates is my marker for if I will ever purchase a car there. I guess I will drive to BMW Houston or San Antonio if this is not resolved.
2010 Alpine White X5M || All 3 Pedals Sans X5M
alpinewhitem.com //coming soon
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 09:18 AM   #207
Dave00
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcase View Post
The first time we brought my wifes X5M in I spoke to the service advisor about the fuel, black deposits and the several misfire codes. He said based on the diagnostics it was certainly aligned with Injector recall. I cleared the codes before driving it 45 minutes away and either by coincidence or clearing codes the vehicle drove. We made it to BMW Austin and they of course stated it had no codes - they took the vehicle several days - service tech even drove home (noting they did not refill the vehicle). They could not reproduce so they sent me home with a service bill and nothing done. As an owner of many BMW's I am super frustrated that they not only charged me, but did not take care of the car when i had a screenshot of the errors, the reduced power warning!! "We cannot replace anything unless our computers show codes per BMW NA". I dont believe this at all, however that was the story.

Her X5M has done the same thing twice but now it happens regularly. I have setup another service at BMW of Austin for Wednesday. The car has reduced power on now and a plethora of codes.

If this is not repaired I will contact BMW NA. I am also filing for a refund on the service fee. I would have never had the codes cleared the first time if the SA did not say - yes we will replace the injectors.

This may be my last experience with BMW of Austin (North). A service department makes the business, not sales as I understand. The way service operates is my marker for if I will ever purchase a car there. I guess I will drive to BMW Houston or San Antonio if this is not resolved.
Guys at BMW West Houston (Katy) are top notch and will definitely give you the best service. Are you part of the MGruppe? If not PM me and I'll send you the details as you get discounts and prioritization with Master Techs only to work on your car and I'd ask for Nathan Ornat at BMW of West Houston as he's pretty damn good.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 09:25 AM   #208
Rcase
AW M Addict
Rep
Drives: BMW Collector

Thanks Dave00, we bought my wifes E93 M3 there and they were amazing. If Austin does not fix this, I will never look at a vehicle from them again.

Appreciate the offer to help as well, will keep you posted. The car went full limp (vs. just reduced power) 3 times. I checked with my Foxwell and it had so many errors I had to scroll down a dozen times.

Sigh - the service rep that took the car this morning shared "There are lots of things that can cause that". He referenced a high pressure fuel pump. For F sake, just do the SIB! Stop jacking around making up stories - especially to someone that has been building engines and does all repairs for decades. I am only taking it there as the index 11 injectors are expensive. I will gladly do them myself, however BMW NA will not reimburse you if you perform the repair yourself.

I dont recall being part of MGruppe, if you dont mind sending the details, it sounds like the right place for me

They gave me a wonderful loaner - lol, take in an X5M and they give a base model X3, no sport package. My 3 year old said, go faster daddy - sorry honey, this one doesnt go fast.
2010 Alpine White X5M || All 3 Pedals Sans X5M
alpinewhitem.com //coming soon
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 10:33 AM   #209
Dave00
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcase View Post
Thanks Dave00, we bought my wifes E93 M3 there and they were amazing. If Austin does not fix this, I will never look at a vehicle from them again.

Appreciate the offer to help as well, will keep you posted. The car went full limp (vs. just reduced power) 3 times. I checked with my Foxwell and it had so many errors I had to scroll down a dozen times.

Sigh - the service rep that took the car this morning shared "There are lots of things that can cause that". He referenced a high pressure fuel pump. For F sake, just do the SIB! Stop jacking around making up stories - especially to someone that has been building engines and does all repairs for decades. I am only taking it there as the index 11 injectors are expensive. I will gladly do them myself, however BMW NA will not reimburse you if you perform the repair yourself.

I dont recall being part of MGruppe, if you dont mind sending the details, it sounds like the right place for me

They gave me a wonderful loaner - lol, take in an X5M and they give a base model X3, no sport package. My 3 year old said, go faster daddy - sorry honey, this one doesnt go fast.
PM Sent on the details.
Appreciate 0