XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Today, 04:32 PM   #7943
murderspice
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneS54 View Post

Also, the most recent science/knowledge/stats is the most incorrect, corrupted, bought, twisted type. Our "science" on food & health is atrocious; purely propagated to support certain industry with no concern of actual health. Modern medicine is drug dealers pushing, and quite effectively - their drugs cause more disease which necesitates more drugs.
So you support tort reform? Im sure a giant public health lawsuit would clear up a good portion of that.
      Today, 04:36 PM   #7944
murderspice
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B View Post
I lied, in the interest of a spirited debate, I will make one last effort.

I did not say I would debate someone from Stop Oil. I said I would love to debate someone who was not radicalized. Stop Oil wants to end oil use yesterday with no viable alternative. A rational person thinks, at some point we will run out of oil and we should start working towards an alternative in a responsible manner.

See the difference?

Please actually read what I say without a preconceived prejudice. It is coloring your interpretation of what I am saying.

Where do I say their stance is rational?

And it is foolish and short sided to believe we have and endless supply of oil. At some point we will need alternatives. We will also be forced to start prioritizing how oil is used. I am not saying this will happen soon, but why not responsibly start developing alternative technologies?
“Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.”
      Today, 05:09 PM   #7945
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Da fuk?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:18 PM   #7946
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Done jumped the Orca.
      Today, 05:29 PM   #7947
Equilibrandt
Auto/DCT Zealot
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3, Miata

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneS54 View Post
Also, the most recent science/knowledge/stats is the most incorrect, corrupted, bought, twisted type.
The astounding dichotomy of this situation is that y'all are apparently saying this applies to everyone but automakers and oil companies. One might argue they're one of the worst proponents.

Resources are scarce and only getting more scarce. Most of the current oil execs won't be alive to see that, so instead they attack anything that would harm their current dollar, and the ICE-hugging masses eat it up. Just as any EV-fanatic touts EVs as being the savior of the planet, which I also disagree with. Ouroboros, everyone's eating their own tail.

I've also just come to realize that rage-baiting in a subforum like this is an excellent way to artificially inflate your subforum Rep score. Echo chamber gon' echo.
      Today, 06:55 PM   #7948
Weather Man
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrandt View Post
The astounding dichotomy of this situation is that y'all are apparently saying this applies to everyone but automakers and oil companies. One might argue they're one of the worst proponents.

Resources are scarce and only getting more scarce. Most of the current oil execs won't be alive to see that, so instead they attack anything that would harm their current dollar, and the ICE-hugging masses eat it up. Just as any EV-fanatic touts EVs as being the savior of the planet, which I also disagree with. Ouroboros, everyone's eating their own tail.

I've also just come to realize that rage-baiting in a subforum like this is an excellent way to artificially inflate your subforum Rep score. Echo chamber gon' echo.
Do tell how any oil or automaker would get favorable research through what constitutes higher education nowadays? EPA autocratic emission rules gave us this on diesels claiming that emitting ultrafine soot that doesn't settle is better than large soot which does and clogging intakes with soot makes them pollute less! The best part of trying to eliminate ever smaller pieces of nothing is that we get to pay for a hideously more expensive vehicle to repair, it also gonna take a miracle to get to 100,000 miles!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0