XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Modification

05-19-2018, 07:25 PM   #1
Bash*
Private
Rep
Drives: E93 330D

2010 X6 Cranks but doesn't start - DDE issue

Hi All,

I'm posting on behalf of a friend who has a 2010 X6 35d which is failing to start. To give a brief overview of what has been done.

The car itself had been parked for up to a year at his friend's garage since he had no use for it but his friend wanted it moved so we started it up using a jump starter and drove it home.

Now since the car was parked for over a year the battery needed replacing which he has done and its slightly rated higher than the stock one (90 AH to 100 AH). I was planning to register this battery for him but we're having trouble getting the car to start.

I have access to ISTA and its showing there is no communication from the DDE module and its throwing the code - S 0129 No communication possible with: Engine electronics or diesel electronics. We've replaced the relay located near the DDE module and checked every fuse in both the front and back of the car including the ones near the DDE. All were fine. We've disconnected the the DDE module and reconnected it too with no luck

Are there any other suggestions we could potentially try to see if we can get the car to start.
Appreciate 0