XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

01-20-2020, 08:23 AM   #1
MrFastidious
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

DPF Problem now Turbo is broken?

So 2 weeks ago whilst on the motorway my engine warning light came on and a message saying I have lost full power and need to take my car to a garage, so I took it to my local garage who I use and trust, they tell me that the DPF is blocked which makes sense as for the last 6 months I have only been driving it 1 mile a day due to a new job.
Was told that is can be flushed but I will get the problem back or they can remove it and professionally have it cleaned so I asked them to have it professionally cleaned and repaired.
Picked up the vehicle on Saturday and was told the small turbo (I have the X6 4.0 90,000 miles) was broken and you can hear it whine when starting the engine (didn't have this problem before I took it in) I still have the same warning message and am using the car on limp home mode waiting for a price for the replacement turbo and fitting.
They tell me the turbo would have been damaged by the DPF not working and all the soot getting in to it.
Can anyone tell me if this makes sense? I do trust them but just wanted to ask the question.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 07:35 PM   #2
Thecastle
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
2019 RAM 3500  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3  [0.00]
2016 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2000 Ford F450 7.3l ...  [0.00]
The turbine housings are pre dpf. Turbos can fail for a lot of reasons. Doubt the dpf killed your turbo.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 04:40 PM   #3
bathroomelami
Registered
Rep
Drives: Man

6x8 bathroom remodel

We are will rapidly and also effectively generate a service warranty High-end improvement manhattan.

We constantly keep and also upgrade the storehouse of extra parts as well as service paperwork for operational repair service and maintenance.

Likewise in our business, you can buy custom-made bathroom vanities, retail interior decoration on the very best conditions. With us, Interior improvements Manhattan and in addition to High-end renovation manhattan, will certainly Commercial renovation come to be easy, quality as well as quickly.
Appreciate 0