XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-28-2020, 12:16 PM   #67
Smgs1992
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i

Not sure if it exactly counts as roadrage given this happened at a gas station. However i’ll share anyway given i was in my car during the whole interaction.
So the gas station was full of cars at every pump and i had already dealt with one person come up and steal the pump i was about to use. So i ended up having to wait for the next to open up. It was a biker(harley leather vest ect..) and since like i stated i already had one person take my pump i hurried over to get it. Apparently this jackass thought i was coming up about to hit him or something. He gets off his bike and comes up to my car telling me to get out so he can fight me. I was already in a bad mood and had very little gas so i wasnt about to drive off. I get into a yelling match with him. I think he expected me to be scared of him. I told him not today and to fuck off ect... this goes on for a few minutes before i feel he is about to try and grab me. Now this was before i had my ccw however i still carried a decent size hunting knife in my car. I saw him coming up and grabbed it before the encounter started yet kept it out of sight only in case it came down to it.
So as i said i felt at this point things had escalated to the point i felt he was about to do something. I didnt threaten him or make a big scene i just very subtly raised the knife which was in my left hand high enough in my lap the he could see it but no one else. This worked as he suddenly backed off rather quickly and went and got on his bike. Im sure his wife/gf who was on the back was surprised by the look on her face when he suddenly left me alone. He took off i may have called him a couple names as he walked away.
I get out after i make sure hes left. Fill up my tank and am now on the road waiting for the light as i see him ride past again and i flip him off. I see him pull in someplace to turn around but at this point my light had changed and i was gone.
07 E92 335i 6MT, MMP inlets, DCI, VRSF 7.5 competition intercooler, VRSF catless downpipes, VRSF chargepipe, 335is clutch, Vader Solutions stage 2 LPFP, MHD stage 2+, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, R1 Concepts drilled slotted rotors, TSW Nurburgring 19x8 19x9.5
Appreciate 2
      06-30-2020, 08:12 AM   #68
cathpeti90
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowser51 View Post
agreed, your coworker is a dumbass.

disengage.

it's what i'm teaching my daughter who's been driving a year. just move over and disengage, if they don't call the police.

had some jackass messing with me, i just let him pass, my daughter was like do something, you've got two guns and a rifle in here assurances seniors. i said let it go. jackass kept messing with us so i knew the city coming up and called ahead and they had a car waiting for us. watched the jackass do jackass stuff and pull it over. i pull over and go talk to my coworker (lol) and said just cite him for what you saw, i'll download my dashcam for your court case when i get home.
I see that there is someone here who is full of imagination. That's right.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 11:52 AM   #69
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep
Drives: M240xi 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
As I read these I have to admit that sometimes the red mist takes over, and I've done some dumb stuff. When I'm able to stay sensible I try to think of whether I really care about arriving 15 (or even 60 or 120) seconds later than planned, and that you really can't win these. And mentally checking a couple of incidents from my own life that helped steer me away from the overtake-and-confront mentality:
-retired police officer gets out of his car at a light and walks up on a car full of teenage gangbanger wannabees who'd been tailing/brake-checking him, with his pistol out (he'd already shown it to them while driving). Shot in the chest (dies later) by the gutless punks before he got to say a word.
-a gal I worked with got into a 'cut me off - I'll cut you off' pissing contest with a pickup truck that botched a move and caught her front end, producing a fatal rollover.
I have never understood road rage; I have driven on six continents, and driven in almost every major city one can imagine. I have never given into road rage. Just walk away. A poster above used the word "disengage", so just disengage.

There is a bigger, brighter life awaits you. Chances are you drive someone's dream car already. Why throw rocks in a puddle of shit?

Of course this isn't pointed at you, however the stories you related were quite sad. I have heard of those as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 11:57 AM   #70
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathpeti90 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chowser51 View Post
agreed, your coworker is a dumbass.

disengage.

it's what i'm teaching my daughter who's been driving a year. just move over and disengage, if they don't call the police.

had some jackass messing with me, i just let him pass, my daughter was like do something, you've got two guns and a rifle in here assurances seniors. i said let it go. jackass kept messing with us so i knew the city coming up and called ahead and they had a car waiting for us. watched the jackass do jackass stuff and pull it over. i pull over and go talk to my coworker (lol) and said just cite him for what you saw, i'll download my dashcam for your court case when i get home.
I see that there is someone here who is full of imagination. That's right.
I find it cute how the "city was just coming ahead" and "he called ahead" and they had "someone waiting for him". He lives in a two dimensional world where there is only one road haha

Also who the fuck travels with so many firearms in their car? I lived in Kenya and South Africa for years during my teens; never travelled with so many guns.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 06:55 PM   #71
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimBimM2 View Post
I find it cute how the "city was just coming ahead" and "he called ahead" and they had "someone waiting for him". He lives in a two dimensional world where there is only one road haha

Also who the fuck travels with so many firearms in their car? I lived in Kenya and South Africa for years during my teens; never travelled with so many guns.
Wait, the guy who just wrote "I have never understood road rage; I have driven on six continents, and driven in almost every major city one can imagine. I have never given into road rage." is calling out somebody for posting something 'cute' and unbelievable? Only in OT
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 08:01 PM   #72
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Quote:

Wait, the guy who just wrote "I have never understood road rage; I have driven on six continents, and driven in almost every major city one can imagine. I have never given into road rage." is calling out somebody for posting something 'cute' and unbelievable? Only in OT
Oh man I was having my holier than thou moment!! You had to come and stomp on it!

Appreciate 1
Maynard3804.50
      07-07-2020, 02:46 PM   #73
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:

he's a cop dumbass
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 02:54 PM   #74
MADBMWX5MC
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

Driving South on I-95 near Fredericksburg, VA on the middle of a three lane highway. Saw one knucklehead passing me on the right and one at the same time passing me on the left. It appeared to me they were racing....guess what, the both went to the middle lane at the same time and bump into each other (like bumper cars)...I thought guns would come out next, but nothing. They kept on driving like nothing had happened. The weirdest thing I have seen in my many years of driving.
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2020, 03:25 PM   #75
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

Perhaps the driving version of fist bumps? Crazy!
      07-07-2020, 11:14 PM   #76
MisterF80M3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:

I travel with a firearm in the car but I also have a CCW.

I don't want this to happen to me.

BimBimM21483.00
      07-07-2020, 11:29 PM   #77
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterF80M3 View Post
Quote:

I travel with a firearm in the car but I also have a CCW.

I don't want this to happen to me.

Yes, but you don't travel with two rifles and a pistol, like the guy I was referring to. What you do is reasonable; what the dude I commented on does is... I don't know. I later found out that he is a cop, so perhaps it is justified. Who cares. This is America. It is his right. Power to him!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 03:29 PM   #78
Bunnny
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 & 2002 330ci e46

Unsure if road rage or just someone being stupid. Leaving home to go to town, Im on the highway and a dude in his infiniti comes up fast to pass me. We're about 5 past midnight on the dial and I cant explain to husband a ticket right now, so I let him go ahead while passing a minivan to our right. His car couldn't handle it and he swerved and spun out in the ditch. A week later he's hanging out the side of his buddy's M4 after spotting my car at the lights and yells to me "Hey did you see that?!? I know you did!"
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 04:21 PM   #79
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

What do you do when a pack of motorcycles come to a stop on the interstate? The driver freaked out and plowed their way out. I would have been on the cellphone so quick on 911 and asked for assistance. I was driving outside of Atlanta through Conyers on a Sunday afternoon and about ten bikes stopped across three lanes on I-20 eastbound. I waited about two minutes and while they revved their engines then took off and used the next exit. When I lived in downtown Atlanta, large groups would ride down the street on quads and dirt bikes and block intersections and side roads while revving their engines. What can you do when there’s no cops around but keep your head on a swivel and don’t expose yourself to harm.
      07-08-2020, 05:51 PM   #80
Ric in RVA
Bergspyder
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW 128i Sport 6mt

divided 55mph highway. car in right lane 100yds ahead at speed limit.

Minivan in front of us on three motorcycles.

Crest hill and there is a near stopped loader on a flat bed in the right lane. Car slams left, minivan slams on brakes....we had no issues and slowed.

Minivan driver proceeds to tail gate like...3 feet off car. Car won't move over. Brake checks minivan hard. We get showered with tailights and headlight bits...

This continues another quarter mile and me and one other bike make the jump to hyperspace and flat out leave.... (liter superbike will do that!!).

Not sticking around for carnage. Last guy gets stuck behind them. Riding a buell he crashed earlier in the day...another story.

The car and truck proceed to NASCAR it out on the road....rubbin is racing!!! Eventually car takes off with van in chase.

Meanwhile we have slowed back to double digits and start looking for our third. We pull into a visible lot and see the minivan and car race down the left turn lane blow the red light going straight and still going at it.

Our third catches up and fills us in.

Now this happened like 150 miles from home and pre(ish) internet....And I'd hate to think if someone got hurt and there was no other witnesses..I had memorized the plates on minivan. SO I call the state police and leave a brief date/time/ location and my name.

Few days later SP calls me and we discuss. Never found car. Minivan driver was pissed since kids in minivan were hurt bouncing off the dash of the MV during the brake check. Irony...his tags "I(heart symbol)RKIDS" ...but not enough to belt them in....

Then he says....."You guys took off pretty fast! (um yes sir...not sticking around for them to wreck me!) There was an off duty officer 200 yards back and saw it as well who did not chase since he was in personal car.

SP says...."The other officer rides too. He said he would have done the exact same thing given the situation.... and laughs.

So weird.

2011 128i 6 MT Sport, 2009 Cayman 987.2, 2011 528i N52, 2018 F150 Platinum
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 05:58 PM   #81
ky0u
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, f22 m235i, e30 325is

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
1988 BMW 325IS  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric in RVA View Post
divided 55mph highway. car in right lane 100yds ahead at speed limit.

Minivan in front of us on three motorcycles.

Crest hill and there is a near stopped loader on a flat bed in the right lane. Car slams left, minivan slams on brakes....we had no issues and slowed.

Minivan driver proceeds to tail gate like...3 feet off car. Car won't move over. Brake checks minivan hard. We get showered with tailights and headlight bits...

This continues another quarter mile and me and one other bike make the jump to hyperspace and flat out leave.... (liter superbike will do that!!).

Not sticking around for carnage. Last guy gets stuck behind them. Riding a buell he crashed earlier in the day...another story.

The car and truck proceed to NASCAR it out on the road....rubbin is racing!!! Eventually car takes off with van in chase.

Meanwhile we have slowed back to double digits and start looking for our third. We pull into a visible lot and see the minivan and car race down the left turn lane blow the red light going straight and still going at it.

Our third catches up and fills us in.

Now this happened like 150 miles from home and pre(ish) internet....And I'd hate to think if someone got hurt and there was no other witnesses..I had memorized the plates on minivan. SO I call the state police and leave a brief date/time/ location and my name.

Few days later SP calls me and we discuss. Never found car. Minivan driver was pissed since kids in minivan were hurt bouncing off the dash of the MV during the brake check. Irony...his tags "I(heart symbol)RKIDS" ...but not enough to belt them in....

Then he says....."You guys took off pretty fast! (um yes sir...not sticking around for them to wreck me!) There was an off duty officer 200 yards back and saw it as well who did not chase since he was in personal car.

SP says...."The other officer rides too. He said he would have done the exact same thing given the situation.... and laughs.

So weird.
I swear i just read this story with slightly different wording very recently. Am I tripping out or have your recently posted this story somewhere else? weirdest deja vu
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 06:22 PM   #82
Ric in RVA
Bergspyder
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW 128i Sport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky0u View Post
I swear i just read this story with slightly different wording very recently. Am I tripping out or have your recently posted this story somewhere else? weirdest deja vu
Maybe I posted it ....my mind is slipping....old man now...54

It was a trip!!!

I bet I posted it before....

So I will post the buell crash story....

3rd guy was a friend of guy number two. Long time rider...Always Harleys. (real bikes ya know....yah sure!).

By the time we get to the first gas station I know this guy has no clue how to actually ride a motorcycle.

He is on guy number twos buell (because it is a "Harley") and has NEVER ridden a sportbike ever. In retrospect the buell was not a good bike...but not my choice to make.

So I say...Ride at your own pace but at some point today if you feel like you are going too fast in a corner I want you to push real hard on the inside handle bar and look all the way through the corner...don't touch the brakes or the gas.

We get out to 211 west of DC near sperryville and hit the curves. I go into the very first left hander at about 10% of my normal....and he is gone when I glance in the mirror. We do a rockford and head back. Bikes in the ditch...shifter is bent...but intact and just ugly. He is fine but frazzled.

He says "we were going so fast!!!" We might have been going 35....in a corner that you could easily double that.

I asked did you push on the inside bar or hit the brakes? "It was so fast I had to brake".

We told him he had a choice. Hang out and get the reckless driving ticket or ride on.

He climbed back on.....I said push on the inside bar!!!!

After that ride I never saw him again....back to the cruisers I am sure!!

2011 128i 6 MT Sport, 2009 Cayman 987.2, 2011 528i N52, 2018 F150 Platinum
Appreciate 0