XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

05-02-2019, 07:15 PM   #1
jinuwin
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 GTS / E71 X6 35i

Comfort Access Not Working

Woke up this morning and couldn't open the trunk with the hatch. Car wouldn't unlock using my hands on the door handles either. Car unlocked using the Key fob buttons but no sensors working. Car won't start without inserting the key into the hole either.

Blown comfort access fuse? Anyone know which fuse number that is and what amp?

Replaced car battery less than a year ago. Just replaced the key fob battery and nothing changed. The key fob buttons still work so the key fob battery and car battery is definitely not the issue...
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 09:03 PM   #2
Mightymaus
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Graphite/Black leather X4 M40i

Garage List
2012 X6 M  [0.00]
I put the wrong size battery in my fob. And occasionally it wouldn't work but sometimes I couldn't start the X6 unless I put the fob into the ignition holder.

I don't know about any fuse associated with confort access. I do know the antenna is on the back bumper. when I put a hitch on her I had to move it. you ld have to take the bumper cover off. although you can see it if you remove the quick access hitch cover. but it's just a block of plastic.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 05:57 PM   #3
randrews15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3 Le Mans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinuwin View Post
Woke up this morning and couldn't open the trunk with the hatch. Car wouldn't unlock using my hands on the door handles either. Car unlocked using the Key fob buttons but no sensors working. Car won't start without inserting the key into the hole either.

Blown comfort access fuse? Anyone know which fuse number that is and what amp?

Replaced car battery less than a year ago. Just replaced the key fob battery and nothing changed. The key fob buttons still work so the key fob battery and car battery is definitely not the issue...
There is an open recall on the comfort access systems. I can't remember if X5s are included, but you may want to contact your dealer if this is covered under warranty.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 07:07 PM   #4
BMWX6ICS
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 2011

BMW Battery High Voltage Drainage. CA Handle

I have an X6 2011 that I just found out last night the rear passenger door handle has a short, today I plan to get to BMW and deal with it. I wanted to post to people who might see a "Increased Battery Discharge" since Im new, I will post the photos after I get upgraded so I can share my experience about the CA door issue, I have a FLIR photo so people know what to look for. I will update about exactly what the issue is with additional photos.

BMW told me I have too much equipment, but I have all additional equipment on a breaker, so that's impossible. Here is a video and you can see how I use my X6 for those who are curious
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 11:14 AM   #5
befyamifyi
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330

You should have the option to open and close the entryways without squeezing any catches. You do have contact the entryway handle where the openings are to llock it and open it however. A few people figure the entryway will consequently open Comenity Bank Phone Harassment and lock on the off chance that they have CA.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2020, 08:52 AM   #6
peter2772000
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 X6 35i Sport

Sayyyyywhaaaaaat?
2019 4Runner
Appreciate 0