XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

01-27-2018, 10:34 AM   #45
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Patriots are Bird killers!
SB XXXIX - Eagles ✔️
SB XLIX - Seahawks ✔️
SB LI - Falcons ✔️
#Fact #NotDone #History
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 12:31 PM   #46
Graves
Sicario
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
I'm a Patriots fan and I think we will win in the end. However, I think the Eagles are the more complete team and will give us hell. I feel our biggest advantage is experience. You can have a chip on your shoulder all you want, but at the end of the day when time is running down and you are feeling the crunch and pressure builds up, well, that is where the Pats shine. They have the most pressure resistant pipes known to man. We shall see, though, I think this could easily be anyone's game.

If the Eagles win I won't be mad and make excuses, they're a great team. The only shitty thing I see is when the Patriots do win, no one will give credit where credit is due. Call us cheaters, say the referees are working with us, whatever you want to say. But any realist and person with common sense understands that you still have to execute. Prime example, the stupid deflate-gate horse shit. Deflated balls had nothing to do with that ass whooping. The Colts were outplayed, nothing more to it.

Go Patriots!!!!
      01-27-2018, 04:35 PM   #47
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

The Pats are a GREAT team/dynasty, no doubt about that. *However*, TWO of the SBs were gifted due to bone-headed plays of the opposing team. Also, if the deflategate thing didn't matter, don't do it in the first place, obviously it's some intangible thing.

I dunno why anyone would root for the Pats. So boring.

Fly Eagles fly!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 06:29 AM   #48
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

go eagles, i guess.

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 08:17 AM   #49
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

Go Pats, because #theyretheshit.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 09:23 AM   #50
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
The Pats are a GREAT team/dynasty, no doubt about that. *However*, TWO of the SBs were gifted due to bone-headed plays of the opposing team. Also, if the deflategate thing didn't matter, don't do it in the first place, obviously it's some intangible thing.

I dunno why anyone would root for the Pats. So boring.

Fly Eagles fly!
Why does it matter if two Super Bowls were "gifted"? I don't even what that means. When the last seconds of the clock ran off NE had more points than the other team, full stop.

On a slightly related note, Brandon Marshall is largely an idiot but he's right when he said, "How do we let these guys do this year in and year out?" I made similar comments earlier in this thread. The League (the field not the league office) should be ashamed. The Patriots have consistently outplayed and outcoached the opposition for nearly the last 20 years. That's a fact.

Note: In the interest of full disclosure I'm not a Patriots fan.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 09:31 AM   #51
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizall View Post
As a Texans fan, I am more surprised what little success other coaches coming out of the Patriots camp have had. I would have assumed they would have learned something from Bilichick.
I'm not surprised at all. Bill Belichick is the singular reason that team is successful. Tom Brady has had a terrific run but candidly, they could/would find and/or develop another quarterback to achieve similar results. To draw a parallel, Bill Belichick and Nick Saban (reinvented Nick Saban) are essentially the same person at their respective levels in the context of this discussion.
Appreciate 1
Graves1130.00
      01-28-2018, 03:40 PM   #52
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
Why does it matter if two Super Bowls were "gifted"? I don't even what that means. When the last seconds of the clock ran off NE had more points than the other team, full stop.

On a slightly related note, Brandon Marshall is largely an idiot but he's right when he said, "How do we let these guys do this year in and year out?" I made similar comments earlier in this thread. The League (the field not the league office) should be ashamed. The Patriots have consistently outplayed and outcoached the opposition for nearly the last 20 years. That's a fact.

Note: In the interest of full disclosure I'm not a Patriots fan.
Let's be fair, ofc it matters. Say I'm kicking your butt in pool, but I decide to fool around w the eight ball trying to make these crazy trick shots, allowing you to come back. It was in the bag but because of my stupid decisions I let you back in. You're good to come back and win but it was solely on me making stupid decisions instead of just locking it up, thereby opening the door which should've been shut.

Similarly, which is more meaningful, you handily beat your tennis opponent or won via forfeit due to him dropping dead? Same diff.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 03:45 PM   #53
Graves
Sicario
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Go, Patriots! Win or lose, come July I'll have a brand new F80. All will be forgotten at that moment.
      01-28-2018, 08:50 PM   #54
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Let's be fair, ofc it matters. Say I'm kicking your butt in pool, but I decide to fool around w the eight ball trying to make these crazy trick shots, allowing you to come back. It was in the bag but because of my stupid decisions I let you back in. You're good to come back and win but it was solely on me making stupid decisions instead of just locking it up, thereby opening the door which should've been shut.

Similarly, which is more meaningful, you handily beat your tennis opponent or won via forfeit due to him dropping dead? Same diff.
Did you really just compare Professional Football to Pool???? Plezzz
Appreciate 1
Clark_Kent2208.00
      01-28-2018, 09:16 PM   #55
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
Did you really just compare Professional Football to Pool???? Plezzz
Hey still fits and plzz if you don't thiNk it was a matter of those 2 teams screwing up vs some miracle by the Pats.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 03:13 AM   #56
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Hey still fits and plzz if you don't thiNk it was a matter of those 2 teams screwing up vs some miracle by the Pats.
Ok, you keep thinking that. However lots of teams in all sports screw up, whether it is a contributing factor to their lose isn’t always the case. It’s up to the other team to capitalize on those mistakes. Something the Patriots are masters at, forcing other teams into mistakes and making them pay. Just more excuses from a Pats hater to try and discredit their dominance. Blah Blah Blah
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 04:43 AM   #57
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Ok, you keep thinking that. However lots of teams in all sports screw up, whether it is a contributing factor to their lose isn’t always the case. It’s up to the other team to capitalize on those mistakes. Something the Patriots are masters at, forcing other teams into mistakes and making them pay. Just more excuses from a Pats hater to try and discredit their dominance. Blah Blah Blah
I'm not hating, and you're just blind. I give them respect for 3/5 SBs but 2 of them were major screwups by opposing teams. Only a biased fan would refuse to see that.

...And the Falcons shOuld never be allowed in the playoffs ever again and should've performed group seppuku after that disgrace. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 11:05 AM   #58
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep

Quote:
I'm not hating, and you're just blind. I give them respect for 3/5 SBs but 2 of them were major screwups by opposing teams. Only a biased fan would refuse to see that.

...And the Falcons shOuld never be allowed in the playoffs ever again and should've performed group seppuku after that disgrace. Lol.
Not blind or biased. Winning is Winning. If a team or person cracks under the pressure when the stakes are at the utmost highest that’s on them. Whatever the “screw up” as you say, mistake or however you wanna say it...they choked! Period! Handling the pressure of the big stage events in sports is a game in itself. Some just do it better then others. As for your references I will say this.... The football Gods have had a hand in all the Patriots big games...some good some not so good, depending what side your on.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 12:12 PM   #59
DocB
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Eagles D will shut Brady down.
Attached Images

2015 435 GC
2015 X1
2016 X1
2018 ///M2
2020 M340i
Appreciate 2
PA135ii236.00
      01-29-2018, 03:01 PM   #60
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Not blind or biased. Winning is Winning. If a team or person cracks under the pressure when the stakes are at the utmost highest that’s on them. Whatever the “screw up” as you say, mistake or however you wanna say it...they choked! Period! Handling the pressure of the big stage events in sports is a game in itself. Some just do it better then others. As for your references I will say this.... The football Gods have had a hand in all the Patriots big games...some good some not so good, depending what side your on.
Yes, we finally agree, the other side choked but I'm not taking credit away, door was opened but Pats still needed to walk through it and put up pts, and put them up they did.

Will be a great game either way come Sun, just share the wealth and have some other team win it this time.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 03:16 PM   #61
Graves
Sicario
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, we finally agree, the other side choked but I'm not taking credit away, door was opened but Pats still needed to walk through it and put up pts, and put them up they did.

Will be a great game either way come Sun, just share the wealth and have some other team win it this time.
Fuck that. Go Patriots. Let us win the next 4 Super Bowls and Brady will retire and enough will be enough.
      01-29-2018, 03:21 PM   #62
arom
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 320i xdrive

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 11:00 PM   #63
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

I just hope for good game. Not a repeat of the Denver Broncos a few years back, when the game was over at halftime.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2018, 11:38 AM   #64
PA135ii
seeking salvation
Rep
Drives: 18 Camaro SS 08 CR-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocB View Post
Eagles D will shut Brady down.
You are correct Sir.

If I may... a quote from Buddy Ryan.. "I have never seen a quarterback yet complete a pass laying on his back".

Go Birds!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2018, 05:01 PM   #65
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
Hoping for power to go out...similar to what happened in the 49ers/Ravens game a while back. Only difference with this, power stays off and nobody wins. That would be the perfect scenario...
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 07:53 AM   #66
Memaxndapickel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

If anyone has not seen Guillermo from Jimmy Kimmels show, go watch "Guillermo at Super bowl opening night 2018". Pretty funny!
Appreciate 1