XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
GoHawks63
Rep
Drives: X5

Potential X5 Owner - Looking for advice

Hi all,

My wife and I are evaluating replacements for her 2004 Toyota Landcruiser that has served us faithfully for the 8 years we've owned her. She is still running strong with 159K miles on the odometer, but we are just itching to get something newer.

A new Landcruiser is a bit out of our price range and also a bit too big for our needs. Our oldest has his own car and drives himself most of the time to his sporting events (high school hockey) and our youngest will be driving in a little over a year.

My wife thought she wanted an ML, but after driving one she wasn't wowed by it. There was nothing really wrong, she just didn't feel anything towards it.

We saw a 2011 X5 over the weekend in a Land Rover dealer lot (they were closed) that she REALLY liked (colors and features), and the nearby BMW dealership has a few to consider as well, but we've narrowed it down to these two.

2011 X5 3.0 (Land Rover Dealership) Asking $46,500
36,000 miles
Premium Package
Technology Package
Cold weather package
Convenience Package
Premium Stereo
Clean Carfax - One owner
Because it's at a Land Rover dealership it is not certified but the dealer said they can add a warranty (assuming at a cost to me)

2009 X5 4.8 (BMW Dealership) Asking $45,500
40,000 miles
Premium Package
Cold Weather Package
Rear Climate Package
Technology Package
Active Steering
Upgraded Seats
Active Steering
Certified (Clean Carfax and one owner, 100K mile warranty)

We haven't really negotiated either the price of the car or the trade yet. Would be interested in getting all of your thoughts on which way you would go.

Also would be interested in anything to look out for. Issues, concerns, experiences.....

I'm not new to forums as I've owned several Acuras, the Toyota and now have a new Cadillac CTS Coupe and I'm active on all the forums so I understand that by asking these questions (around issues and experiences) the feedback might bot be completely objective, but that's OK.

Thank you in advance.

Edit

I just realized I posted in the X6 forum by accident. My apologies. Please disregard.

Last edited by GoHawks63; 09-04-2012 at 11:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
jspdr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

I went through that same process 6 months ago. I drove a 08 regular 4.8i, was not impressed my expectation enough, went and drove again 08 4.8i with loaded of options and extended maintenance warranty, big different driving wise, fell in loved, made a purchased, still loved every minute of driving it. May be you should drive both and go from there. Just wanted to add that, i understand the cpo warranty is different from the extended maintenance warranty, you should find out if decided to purchase, someone correct me here if im wrong. goodluck
Appreciate 0