XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

06-27-2018, 12:22 PM   #1
rambino
M Master
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 / X6M

X5M/X6M Custom Short Ram Intake

Hey guys, I see a few people posting about their intake setups.. heres a simple and fast solution that worked for me. Mines a bit dirty but works mint..

-I used Dinan Flat Intake filters D401-0023 / D401-0024 they have the OEM Oval size cut ports that work with the OEM rubber intake elbow

-Modify the driver and passenger OEM Intake elbow outlets to be shorter. Tilt Passenger side Filter Up and Driver side Down.

-Remover 2ndary OEM Intake box and filter, Leave Front Section

-Cut out thin heat shield and run it in front of the filters and along the bottom of the OEM intake box to keep the radiator fan wind from blowing directly in. I got some shear/scissors and a sheet of aluminum at homedepot. cut it out, sprayed it black, drilled a few holes and zip tied it down.. its not the greatest looking shield but its functional.

-(Optional) Install custom intake scoops from 600whp s4
http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...=intake+scoops

- Go Fast Bits Diverter Valve OEM Modification: 2x Part T9356 Holds boost better..

Results:

Massive amounts of cold air directed by the scoops thru the OEM intake box directly onto the filters when moving. The filters fit under the hood and flow much better than OEM. There is a little heat soak when sitting at a light but its Not noticeable drive wise as 1st and 2nd are so short and the heat shield does a good job keeping temp down. Turbo Cars compress and heat the air anyway so the bit of stop light heat soak really doesnt affect the power like a NA engine would making this Short Ram Intake a great setup..Its also bad weather friendly so no worries about water locking the engine.. Overall the Turbos are much louder, spool faster, and under full boost and rpm flow great and make great power butt dyno wise..

Cheers

Last edited by rambino; 06-27-2018 at 12:34 PM..
Appreciate 0