XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-13-2022, 04:05 PM   #1
BoostedAP1
Registered
Rep
Drives: GR Supra, X5, M Coupe

E70 X5 Gauge pods

Who was the guy selling the indivudual gauge pods a while ago for $25 or something like that. I would be interested in picking up 3 if its still available?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2022, 03:17 AM   #2
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedAP1 View Post
Who was the guy selling the indivudual gauge pods a while ago for $25 or something like that. I would be interested in picking up 3 if its still available?
I think you are referring to me. I was making pillar mounts (and still can by request) but I got tired of them being so in my face and they can create a blind spot so made a dash vent version instead. I 3D scanned the dash so it makes a perfect fit and it completely hides the wiring and creates the illusion they permanently mounted to the dash. A rotating cam interlocks with the dash and holds the gauge pods firmly in place. It works on both standard and leather dashes although some X5 models came with a different vent design so make note of which design you have before ordering.

I also just tweaked the design to print as clean as possible in high temp carbon fiber filament which gives it a nice satin sheen worthy of a BMW and increased the size of the cable channels to be compatible with Banks gauges. They are available Single, Double, and Triple gauge kits and I also make a small oil pressure kit that comes with the sender adapter and circuit to interface with the stock BMW electronics to allow you to run a oil pressure gauge of your choice and still retain the factory warning system. You can adjust when you want the warning to go off (stock is 7psi switch, I set them to 25psi but you can adjust to your engine). They are 35 for the single, 50 for the double and 65 for the triple. If interested PM me.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 08-14-2022 at 03:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2022, 10:19 PM   #3
BoostedAP1
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
I think you are referring to me. I was making pillar mounts (and still can by request) but I got tired of them being so in my face and they can create a blind spot so made a dash vent version instead. I 3D scanned the dash so it makes a perfect fit and it completely hides the wiring and creates the illusion they permanently mounted to the dash. A rotating cam interlocks with the dash and holds the gauge pods firmly in place. It works on both standard and leather dashes although some X5 models came with a different vent design so make note of which design you have before ordering.

I also just tweaked the design to print as clean as possible in high temp carbon fiber filament which gives it a nice satin sheen worthy of a BMW and increased the size of the cable channels to be compatible with Banks gauges. They are available Single, Double, and Triple gauge kits and I also make a small oil pressure kit that comes with the sender adapter and circuit to interface with the stock BMW electronics to allow you to run a oil pressure gauge of your choice and still retain the factory warning system. You can adjust when you want the warning to go off (stock is 7psi switch, I set them to 25psi but you can adjust to your engine). They are 35 for the single, 50 for the double and 65 for the triple. If interested PM me.
I still like the pillar mounts, because I like how they look and I'm used to them. How much would it be for 3 in black? I'm looking at all my options at the moment. I am MHD Tuned, but I hate how I have to connect to see any of the gauges.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2022, 05:58 AM   #4
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedAP1 View Post
I still like the pillar mounts, because I like how they look and I'm used to them. How much would it be for 3 in black? I'm looking at all my options at the moment. I am MHD Tuned, but I hate how I have to connect to see any of the gauges.
Ok no problem, the pillar mounts are 30 each. I tried to PM you but your account is to new so it wont allow me to PM you. Let me know a good email address to reach you at.

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 08-15-2022 at 06:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2022, 11:09 PM   #5
BoostedAP1
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
Ok no problem, the pillar mounts are 30 each. I tried to PM you but your account is to new so it wont allow me to PM you. Let me know a good email address to reach you at.
joeyvang@hotmail.com
Appreciate 0