XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

07-26-2018, 12:57 PM   #23
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehungrymonkey View Post
Well I think the influence of social mediums like this forum can't be underestimated in regards to consumer influence. I do believe that without the public exposure I may have been screwed.

Not because Vlad didn't care but because their initial support guy was so rude and incompetent. I specifically asked to speak to someone more familiar with the system...and he took it personally. I made this ask after he started making suggestions that would have caused real harm to the car. Pulling out the MOST hub was not a good suggestion!

I think the product is excellent. I think the owners are excellent and Vlad. I think they need to address protocol with their one support guy who even went so far as to use light green text in all replies despite my begging for normal black because it was almost impossible to read. It started to feel like a petty attack on me because I questioned his advice.
Agreed one turd in the punch bowl can ruin the punch for everybody !

Glad it all worked out and you can use it as intended !

The GPS is ungodly better than the stock e70 system ! And the Apple car play with Apple radio is killer. The next best thing is adding cruise control to the steering wheel ! .

Did you get the full touch controls on the rotors knob ? It makes things a bit nicer than the non touch control version.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 02:22 PM   #24
peter2772000
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 X6 35i Sport

You should let the company know about this. As the owner of a company myself, I value/depend on feedback and opinions of clients so as to make me aware of issues I never even knew existed.
2019 4Runner
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2018, 01:24 PM   #25
thehungrymonkey
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw x5m 2012

travelling

sorry about lack of updates but I've been travelling. I did get the touch on the control knob but it only works with the BMW GPS and I just use carplay since it's frankly seemingly so much better. In hindsight, I wouldn't have bothered with touch but that's just because it's not a function I use, as it does work pretty well!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 11:56 PM   #26
waelaburezeq
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2.0 ltr 2007 E90

Question Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwretrofit View Post
Yes, NBT retrofit can definitely be done on E71.

Replacement of head unit, display and some rewiring will be required. The vehicle will have a factory look after the installation. Picture in the original post is from an E71 and everything looks OEM as you can see.

Price of the complete kit will depend on your vehicle's configuration. If you would like a quote, please send an email to info@bimmerretrofit.com and include your vehicle's VIN, we will gladly let you know what you will need for this upgrade and price.
I have an old CCC system equipped to my 2007 330i, the car has only AUX (not Bluetooth) with navigation system and BMW Assist/ Telephone Cradle. Do you recommend switching to CIC or directly to NBT? I haven't yet upgraded or retrofitted MMI systems. In addition, do I need any software/hardware adapter for programming after getting things upgraded?
Appreciate 0