XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

12-07-2019, 09:01 AM   #1
Spyro235
Captain
Rep
Drives: '10 X5D, '04 330i ZHP

Comfort seat retrofit success!

All- very excited, my saddle brown comfort seat retrofit is a success! They aren’t even bolted down, I’m just sitting in them enjoying the heat!

For the record, this was literally plug and play. I went from heated 10 way power base seats, to heated 20 way power comfort seats. No active or ventilation was ever made in saddle brown, so I settled for a plug and play heat only comfort retrofit.

One thing I’ve noticed is that the side bolsters aren’t heated, which is a little dissapointing to me. The side bolsters in the base seats were heated, and I know it’s not the adjustability that eliminated the possibility because the sport seats in my ‘07 335i had adjustable bolsters and they were heated too.

I also took the time while the front seats were out to do my first interior detail, and I am super impressed with how clean I was able to get it. I spent probably 2 hours cleaning, with a brush, microfibera, and meguires WPC diluted down. The carlooks brand new compared to how it’s been ever since I got it, and the 244k mile x5d is holding up really well!
argento538.00
      12-08-2019, 06:56 AM   #2
dadysev
Captain
Montenegro
Rep
Drives: Man

Just went through the same thing about 3 weeks ago. Plug and play. I was worried about having to run the KAN bus wire, for the passenger side as my passengers came with memory also. Everything worked perfect! When you open the door the bolsters will open up to release you also. Was so happy !
Good stuff!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 07:56 AM   #3
Spyro235
Captain
Rep
Drives: '10 X5D, '04 330i ZHP

Sometimes I think the bolsters are heated, other times I’m not so sure.

As far as running wire- if your passenger seat had lumbar support, that means it already had a module that used the same power lines. A true base seat, without lumbar support, would’ve needed wires ran!

These seats are so much more comfortable already.
Appreciate 0