XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Watches

02-26-2014, 04:55 PM   #1
johngrossi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i e82

FS Movado Serio Stainless

Hello all,

I have recently upgraded and I don't find myself wearing this watch anymore so I figured i would offer it up for sale to you guys.

It is a Movado Serio stainless band with black face. Only worn occasionaly for ~4 months. Includes extra links and box. Wear is very minimal.

I paid approx $850 new. I would like to see about $500 out of it but price is negotiable.

I can provide pictures upon request.

Thanks!
      03-06-2014, 10:29 PM   #2
johngrossi
Second Lieutenant
Rep

TTT Willing to work with price
      03-17-2014, 05:32 PM   #3
GarlicBread
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' M4 ZCP

still for sale any pics?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2014, 05:34 PM   #4
johngrossi
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicBread
still for sale any pics?
Yes it is! I will pm
      03-17-2014, 07:22 PM   #5
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngrossi View Post
Hello all,

I have recently upgraded and I don't find myself wearing this watch anymore so I figured i would offer it up for sale to you guys.

It is a Movado Serio stainless band with black face. Only worn occasionaly for ~4 months. Includes extra links and box. Wear is very minimal.

I paid approx $850 new. I would like to see about $500 out of it but price is negotiable.

I can provide pictures upon request.

Thanks!

Sorry to see you are selling it. Serio is a really beautiful watch and Movado is hard to beat -- on price, versatility, timelessness of the look, or long term wear-ability -- at that which they do: modern interpretations of classic looks. All the same, GLWS.

I have a Movado Eliro. (The older version shown below as opposed to the newer version that has a slight curve to the sides.)

I have to say I was ticked to no end when the crystal came off of it. I had it repaired ($300) and it's about 15 years old at this point.

Even after getting it back from the shop, I wasn't of a mind to wear it just because it had made me angry. So, it sat in my watch box for years after it had been repaired, so long in fact that the fresh battery that it came back with died. Then I picked it up one day and just put it on again on a whim and just to wear something I'd not worn for a long time.

Turns out I love the look of the thing just as much now as when I bought it. It's once again become one of my favorite "on the DL" watches to wear. It's got enough "ooh ah" for non-watchies to say "nice watch" from time to time, and it never feels dated or like too much or too little.

I understand that not everyone wants to keep every watch they buy, so again, GLW.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2014, 08:37 PM   #6
johngrossi
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Sorry to see you are selling it. Serio is a really beautiful watch and Movado is hard to beat -- on price, versatility, timelessness of the look, or long term wear-ability -- at that which they do: modern interpretations of classic looks. All the same, GLWS.

I have a Movado Eliro. (The older version shown below as opposed to the newer version that has a slight curve to the sides.)

I have to say I was ticked to no end when the crystal came off of it. I had it repaired ($300) and it's about 15 years old at this point.

Even after getting it back from the shop, I wasn't of a mind to wear it just because it had made me angry. So, it sat in my watch box for years after it had been repaired, so long in fact that the fresh battery that it came back with died. Then I picked it up one day and just put it on again on a whim and just to wear something I'd not worn for a long time.

Turns out I love the look of the thing just as much now as when I bought it. It's once again become one of my favorite "on the DL" watches to wear. It's got enough "ooh ah" for non-watchies to say "nice watch" from time to time, and it never feels dated or like too much or too little.

I understand that not everyone wants to keep every watch they buy, so again, GLW.

All the best.
Thanks, I've since purchased a Movado Sapphire stainless/black and I love it. Just not a huge watchie and I'd rather have it get some wrist time (pun intended) than be sitting in the box for all its life.

I like that watch you have, definitely doesn't look dated one bit!
      03-17-2014, 10:53 PM   #7
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngrossi View Post
Thanks, I've since purchased a Movado Sapphire stainless/black and I love it. Just not a huge watchie and I'd rather have it get some wrist time (pun intended) than be sitting in the box for all its life.

I like that watch you have, definitely doesn't look dated one bit!
Red: True that. The Sapphire is handsome as well.

Blue: Thank you.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 02:14 PM   #8
johngrossi
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Still available! TTT

Price lowered
      04-19-2014, 01:24 PM   #9
johngrossi
Second Lieutenant