XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Modification

04-17-2018, 02:37 PM   #1
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

GFB DV+ vs Weistec VTA adapter (anodized eBay pieces?) vs eBay sellers

There was this thread a while back http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...php?p=22196452 about someone trying to vent their recirc valves to atmosphere, I tried it myself and it the BOV sound was much louder as I wanted, but immediately got a CEL warning so I've kinda given up on it. What's odd is the GF's 535xiT is a recirc system also, yet these N54 guys know this is a common $5 mod and have no issues venting to atmosphere, which I've done to her car...and I'm still jelly!!

I've read about the DV+ but never bit the bullet to buy a set because I haven't seen proof positive results via JB4 logs or dyno improvements in that they hold boost. The only reason I'm bringing up GFB is because while the DV+ isn't going to make anything louder, they do have a DV that has a dialable vent to atmosphere valve...but the flange isn't usable by us :/ Point being is that they claim to have found a way around keeping the recirc system in place but still having the cool BOV sound. Oh, and before anyone becomes an arm chair engineer about "that lack of recirc air is going to destroy your engine".

I don't even know how I stumbled across this today http://weistec.com/m276-vta-adapter.html but their price is absurd, so with my unwillingneess to be ass raped cheap self, eBay comes to the rescue! http://www.ebay.ca/itm/282892129934. I've written GFB to get their .02 on the Weistec pieces and asked if they'd outside produce something similar for the eBay fear mongers. At this price point, I'm going to try them but figured I'd still share in case anyone else wants to as well since it'll be a few weeks before the X5M is back on the road since I'm doing Bimmerfest prep :-)

Last edited by m5james; 04-17-2018 at 02:54 PM..
Appreciate 0