XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

01-02-2020, 12:28 PM   #67
bd307
Chef
Rep
Drives: Things with wheels or no wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick6 View Post
California has a lot of great places to live, and its share of problems no doubt and if you don't like it, move somewhere else where perhaps you may find happiness.

As for me, i was thinking of all you "titans of the keyboard" yesterday when I decided to hit Coast highway in Monarch Beach, CA in my 720 hp tuned M6. 70 degrees by the Ritz Carlton Hotel with an amazing blue sky, and sparkling Pacific ocean to the left of me as I headed north to Laguna Beach with Tom Petty on the Satellite radio. Yeah, this really sucks, but where are the rats, the homeless people and the human excrement? Nowhere to be found.

The M6 was burbling nicely as I headed down the hill to to Aliso Creek Beach where the waves were pounding the shore and people were enjoying the views to Catalina Island and beyond to Palos Verdes. Laguna Beach had a lot of people window shopping with beautiful women in their tight yoga pants and cut off shorts. Oops-gotta keep an eye on the road! People playing volleyball on Main Beach and enjoying the day off...Heading to Newport Coast where there is a little sweeper that heads down to Crystal Cove Beach where traffic is light and hitting about 80 before the light. Slowly head into Corona Del Mar where the temp is now 75 degres and both windows are down so i can listen to the throttle overrun crackles and rumbles. from there, headed up to the Huntington Beach Pier and the scene keeps repeating, shimmering Pacific, unreal views, women and good roads. Bang a uey at the Pier and manage to be in the front row at the light before the long straight to Newport where the first three gears take me up to about 110 with a shift into 4th-this thing is fast enough to get in serious trouble and I back off.
Head up to Pacific View Cemetery to check on my sister's grave whom we buried the day before, right next to my parents. I checkout the skyline to the East where the mountains are covered in beautiful white snow-what a day to forget the sadness.
I head down San Miguel Drive to the 76 station and top off with some 100 octane race gas for the trip home. $10 a gallon but worth it as there is a very cool onramp, uphill and a gently sweeping two lane road to hit the 73 and I nail it going up the big hill and hit 115 ridiculously easy, the panoramic view out to the left is awesome as I let off and thankful I did as about a couple miles later, I see a CHP car tracking me but I'm now only doing 75 and cars are passing me.Two and a half hours after the start of my trip, pulled into the driveway. Car ran like a top. Later that night, hit the movies with the wife to see "Uncut Gems" with Adam Sandler-about a New York gambling jeweler and watch peddler. Too much chaos and violence for the wife so we headed home for a quiet night. It was a helluva good day and there aren't many places you can drive like you stole it where the weather is 75 degrees on December 31st.
For those of you who would prefer sitting in front of a computer and denigrating the lifestyle we get to enjoy out here, shake off the winter blues and plan a trip. If you happen to head to Southern California, make a point of contacting me on the forum and I'll try to take some time to show you a few sights and it sure as hell won't be skid row in Los Angeles!! Perhaps we'll disagree about politics, or whatever but still manage to have a good time. Happy New Year!
All of above are why we are still living in socal. I am hoping there will be a change up top in the state as things are becoming shitty besides all the points above.

Just watched it this morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ture=emb_title
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2020, 04:45 PM   #68
NormanConquest
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd307 View Post
All of above are why we are still living in socal. I am hoping there will be a change up top in the state as things are becoming shitty besides all the points above.

Just watched it this morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ture=emb_title
Omfg, in NJ we would remove every person at the state house over such a law and mind you NJ pretty darn blue but that just pure insanity.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 08:18 PM   #69
vreihen16
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
Omfg, in NJ we would remove every person at the state house over such a law and mind you NJ pretty darn blue but that just pure insanity.
Making every single person have to choose between wearing smelly/dirty clothes or skipping a shower and being smelly/dirty in clean clothes? Surely, this is a plot by the CA state government to make the entire state look like a homeless camp! Handicapper General, here we come.....
      01-02-2020, 09:21 PM   #70
AlpineWhite_SJ
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Making every single person have to choose between wearing smelly/dirty clothes or skipping a shower and being smelly/dirty in clean clothes? Surely, this is a plot by the CA state government to make the entire state look like a homeless camp! Handicapper General, here we come.....
Itís not even enforceable - thereís only one water meter and so your water company canít distinguish between indoor and outdoor use. They also donít know how many people are in your residence. Itís a target average for each water district to shoot for, nothing more. Typical CA BS law...
/// 2018 Alpine White on Black F80 M3 - 6MT ZCP ZEP / 3D Design billet handbrake lever, pedals, CF side skirts & rear diffuser / Sterckenn gloss black lip / IND alpine white front reflectors /// 2020 Donnington Grey on Black F97 X3MC ///
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 07:01 AM   #71
vreihen16
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Maybe they were trying to solve homelessness by forcing homeowners to take in homeless people to receive their water allocation credits?

Leave it up to California to take the Soviet Union's bread lines to the next level.

Who is creating the market to cap-and-trade water credits on the west coast?

With all of the "undocumented" people they are harboring in their state, how can the government even know the number of people living at each residence in order to set the daily water rations?????
      01-03-2020, 10:39 AM   #72
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

^They don't.
I'm on a local water board, we have no way to count residents in homes, but it seemed more like they wanted the water company to update census rolls.

The controlling agencies are the state-appointed/legislated WMP (Water Management Plan) agencies. We local water purveyors got to COMMENT on the WMP, but had no real way to do anything about the decisions made. I fully support that ALL wells on our aquifer had to install automatic meters, as there was widespread "inaccuracies" on farm wells.

We pay about $1200 for the right to pump one acre/foot out of the ground. Has nothing to do with paying for the equipment, or running the pumps, nor storage and distribution of said AF of water.

Wife is going to wash this weekend, and I didn't hit the gym last night, so I didn't shower this morning. But I have thermals on, so funk shouldn't reach the outer layers until tomorrow.
Appreciate 1
vreihen161159.50

01-03-2020, 05:58 PM   #73
jmg
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI

Garage List
Quote:
California has a lot of great places to live, and its share of problems no doubt and if you don't like it, move somewhere else where perhaps you may find happiness.

As for me, i was thinking of all you "titans of the keyboard" yesterday when I decided to hit Coast highway in Monarch Beach, CA in my 720 hp tuned M6. 70 degrees by the Ritz Carlton Hotel with an amazing blue sky, and sparkling Pacific ocean to the left of me as I headed north to Laguna Beach with Tom Petty on the Satellite radio. Yeah, this really sucks, but where are the rats, the homeless people and the human excrement? Nowhere to be found.

The M6 was burbling nicely as I headed down the hill to to Aliso Creek Beach where the waves were pounding the shore and people were enjoying the views to Catalina Island and beyond to Palos Verdes. Laguna Beach had a lot of people window shopping with beautiful women in their tight yoga pants and cut off shorts. Oops-gotta keep an eye on the road! People playing volleyball on Main Beach and enjoying the day off...Heading to Newport Coast where there is a little sweeper that heads down to Crystal Cove Beach where traffic is light and hitting about 80 before the light. Slowly head into Corona Del Mar where the temp is now 75 degres and both windows are down so i can listen to the throttle overrun crackles and rumbles. from there, headed up to the Huntington Beach Pier and the scene keeps repeating, shimmering Pacific, unreal views, women and good roads. Bang a uey at the Pier and manage to be in the front row at the light before the long straight to Newport where the first three gears take me up to about 110 with a shift into 4th-this thing is fast enough to get in serious trouble and I back off.
Head up to Pacific View Cemetery to check on my sister's grave whom we buried the day before, right next to my parents. I checkout the skyline to the East where the mountains are covered in beautiful white snow-what a day to forget the sadness.
I head down San Miguel Drive to the 76 station and top off with some 100 octane race gas for the trip home. $10 a gallon but worth it as there is a very cool onramp, uphill and a gently sweeping two lane road to hit the 73 and I nail it going up the big hill and hit 115 ridiculously easy, the panoramic view out to the left is awesome as I let off and thankful I did as about a couple miles later, I see a CHP car tracking me but I'm now only doing 75 and cars are passing me.Two and a half hours after the start of my trip, pulled into the driveway. Car ran like a top. Later that night, hit the movies with the wife to see "Uncut Gems" with Adam Sandler-about a New York gambling jeweler and watch peddler. Too much chaos and violence for the wife so we headed home for a quiet night. It was a helluva good day and there aren't many places you can drive like you stole it where the weather is 75 degrees on December 31st.
For those of you who would prefer sitting in front of a computer and denigrating the lifestyle we get to enjoy out here, shake off the winter blues and plan a trip. If you happen to head to Southern California, make a point of contacting me on the forum and I'll try to take some time to show you a few sights and it sure as hell won't be skid row in Los Angeles!! Perhaps we'll disagree about politics, or whatever but still manage to have a good time. Happy New Year!
They hate us cause they ain't us
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 3
MKSixer18204.50
BS_CS277.00
quick6156.00

01-03-2020, 06:06 PM   #74
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:

Try the Chevron 110 if your tune will allow it. I mix it to 98 for the M6. It will make your car snarl.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 07:48 PM   #75
quick6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M6,BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Try the Chevron 110 if your tune will allow it. I mix it to 98 for the M6. It will make your car snarl.
I wonder if that is available out here in the land of California-be sweet if it was!
Appreciate 2
MKSixer18204.50
Salty Dog2351.00

01-04-2020, 10:13 AM   #76
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
I wonder if that is available out here in the land of California-be sweet if it was!
From racing shops in 5 gallon cans. It's literally the elixir of the gods.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 1
quick6156.00

01-07-2020, 11:24 AM   #77
NorCalAthlete
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Various

Iím in the Bay Area up north. I canít stand most of the politics, but paddleboarding on the ocean over the holidays is pretty great. Having an 11.5 month long motorcycle season is pretty great. Having a crapload of beautiful twisty mountain roads in my backyard while enjoying sunny weather year round is great.

I stay in the bay because I work in tech, but if I could find a position that paid me similarly or better in SoCal I wouldnít be opposed to relocating. Iím hoping to move to Netflix next - Iím told they pay around $380k+. If I went back to google itíd be closer to $250k. Either would still be a substantial increase over what I make now, but what I make now is still substantially more than Iíd make anywhere else besides maybe NYC.
Appreciate 3
quick6156.00
jmg7795.50

01-07-2020, 01:37 PM   #78
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
Iím in the Bay Area up north. I canít stand most of the politics, but paddleboarding on the ocean over the holidays is pretty great. Having an 11.5 month long motorcycle season is pretty great. Having a crapload of beautiful twisty mountain roads in my backyard while enjoying sunny weather year round is great.

I stay in the bay because I work in tech, but if I could find a position that paid me similarly or better in SoCal I wouldnít be opposed to relocating. Iím hoping to move to Netflix next - Iím told they pay around $380k+. If I went back to google itíd be closer to $250k. Either would still be a substantial increase over what I make now, but what I make now is still substantially more than Iíd make anywhere else besides maybe NYC.
Damn, that's about $11 million Canadian.
Appreciate 4
UncleWede8837.00
vreihen161159.50
quick6156.00
Poiseuille3839.00

01-07-2020, 02:51 PM   #79
floridaorange
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

I love visiting SoCal... living there is crazy expensive and the amount of people is a bit overwhelming. But everyone is rather laidback and friendly. I'm glad I got to experience living there for 10 yrs, some of which before the internet. It's definitely a great place to be, especially if you make lots of $$$ and have time to enjoy the beautiful weather. If you don't have $$$ OR you don't have the time to be outdoors, it's a pretty awful rat race. But going to college there and working in real estate investing there was an absolute blast!
Met my awesome wife there too = viva la socal!
SoCalS2k384.00
quick6156.00
jmg7795.50
Salty Dog2351.00

01-07-2020, 05:24 PM   #80
SoCalS2k
Major
Rep
Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
I love visiting SoCal... living there is crazy expensive and the amount of people is a bit overwhelming. But everyone is rather laidback and friendly. I'm glad I got to experience living there for 10 yrs, some of which before the internet. It's definitely a great place to be, especially if you make lots of $$$ and have time to enjoy the beautiful weather. If you don't have $$$ OR you don't have the time to be outdoors, it's a pretty awful rat race. But going to college there and working in real estate investing there was an absolute blast!
Met my awesome wife there too = viva la socal!
I think this is accurate
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 11:15 PM   #81
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

well, let's see if The Folks have an opinion on these subjects.....why yes! they do!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
N54Yankee1987.50

01-07-2020, 11:29 PM   #82
jmg
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
well, let's see if The Folks have an opinion on these subjects.....why yes! they do!
Too much good food, fair weather, and beautiful people causing making the cost of living too expensive for too many people.
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 Rex LCI | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 06:55 PM   #83
quick6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M6,BMW M340i

You wanna play, ya gotta pay. Its the price of entry, although I do wish it was a lot cheaper. So, what the excuse for New Jersey? At least we have weather and good looking women.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 07:24 PM   #84
NormanConquest
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You wanna play, ya gotta pay. Its the price of entry, although I do wish it was a lot cheaper. So, what the excuse for New Jersey? At least we have weather and good looking women.
As someone from NJ the issue is high taxes especially on property due to insanely powerful public union and arbitrary laws that are selectively enforce.

Postive about NJ, you can do nearly anything or see anything within an hour drive.
Appreciate 2
Poiseuille3839.00
MKSixer18204.50

01-09-2020, 07:49 PM   #85
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
same problem as California: state government is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Public Employee Unions, who negotiate their contracts with their own employees who pretend to be Legislators.

but yes, the weather in NJ does suck.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer18204.50
quick6156.00

01-09-2020, 08:22 PM   #86
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Long Island = beautiful part of the US with some of the best beaches In the world.
I'm curious where this "Long Island" is that you speak of.

The Lawn Guyland that I'm familiar with is an over-priced, crowded sand bar jutting out into the ocean next to NYC, where liberals rule, taxes are insane, and pistol permits are darn near impossible to get. Oh, and the only way off of that island for a mass evacuation is through NYC, which everyone there hopes never gets nuked because it will stop their evacuation and leave them under the fallout clouds with prevailing winds out of the west. Just look at the L-I-E (what an oxymoron!) any summer Sunday afternoon with the westbound Hamptons and Jones Beach traffic heading back to the city. Five hours just to get the weekend tourists out, never mind the local residents. Heck, even the NY Islanders had enough sense to get the heck outta there!

The only positive thing that I can say about the place is that I never saw a rat during any of my numerous visits to Long Island. Plenty of dump chickens, but zero rats.....
still lol about 'dump chickens'
Appreciate 2
vreihen161159.50
quick6156.00

01-09-2020, 08:36 PM   #87
AlpineWhite_SJ
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Someone is going to need to cut me a check for the honda mower I just bought if this crap passes

https://abc7news.com/5820984/
/// 2018 Alpine White on Black F80 M3 - 6MT ZCP ZEP / 3D Design billet handbrake lever, pedals, CF side skirts & rear diffuser / Sterckenn gloss black lip / IND alpine white front reflectors /// 2020 Donnington Grey on Black F97 X3MC ///
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2020, 08:46 PM   #88
NormanConquest
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
Someone is going to need to cut me a check for the honda mower I just bought if this crap passes

https://abc7news.com/5820984/
Sell your house move the f out and keep your mower is my suggestion : )
Appreciate 0