XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum
 
TireRack





Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-11-2019, 07:09 AM   #1
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
1930
Rep
2,542
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
2020 F1 - The same old or a new star rising?

F1.
With Fernando Alonso's distant comment of 'boring' still ringing in a lot of fans minds and some even getting off after losing interest of the seemingly ongoing predicament of the last six years the big question in these fans minds is will it continue for another season or will there be a more competitive race for both championships in '20. Some are saying there will be no change until '21 when the new car specifications will kick in,like the planned 18 inch wheels.
But,with Honda's stellar performance there may be some hope to remove Merc's iron grip once and for all together with some more thought out decisions about what are racing incidents and deliberate impeding.I myself would like to see more severe penalties for those hitting cars directly from behind.
Appreciate 1
      12-11-2019, 07:40 AM   #2
rcracin
Captain
300
Rep
765
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NYC

iTrader: (3)

I think Ferrari had the pace to win in 2017 and 2019. Leclerc can really challenge next year if Ferrari’s development doesn't waiver.
Appreciate 2
      12-11-2019, 01:47 PM   #3
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
1930
Rep
2,542
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Ferrari's biggest problem is sorting the drivers.With the current two unless one is the back up guy then they have little chance, which one it will be I wouldn't like to say.
Appreciate 1
      12-11-2019, 05:32 PM   #4
yco
ignorance is bliss..
yco's Avatar
916
Rep
1,066
Posts

Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Istanbul & Kyiv

iTrader: (0)

Alonso d dance on air for jumping a seat winning seat without hesitation.. and he probably wouldnt call it boring.. for me Formula 1 is not boring in recent years.. best package is rewriting the Formula 1 history..
__________________
"Race car driving is like sex. All guys think they're good at it." Jay Leno
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 06:49 PM   #5
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
19176
Rep
11,598
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
I think Ferrari had the pace to win in 2017 and 2019. Leclerc can really challenge next year if Ferrari’s development doesn't waiver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Ferrari's biggest problem is sorting the drivers.With the current two unless one is the back up guy then they have little chance, which one it will be I wouldn't like to say.
Ferrari can achieve it , but only if they can hide the Jet-Mode
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      12-11-2019, 10:31 PM   #6
engine killer
New Member
engine killer's Avatar
China
5
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: BMW E89 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Hong Kong, CHINA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I hope that apart from Merc, the rest can be more competitive. As some of you gentlemen said Ferrari should have got better result but I think with SV's cry baby mindset it will be difficult. MV is good although a bit too aggressive but hey this is F1.
McClaren had a lot of experience on the podium, but without Ron seems not picking up the rhythm.
If Mr. Stroll can pump more money in, Racing Point can be more competitive as F1 is really a money burning game.
Appreciate 1
      12-11-2019, 11:10 PM   #7
hellrotm
Major General
2973
Rep
6,361
Posts

Drives: F80
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ...Location...Location

iTrader: (0)

Merc moved most their resources to next years car shortly after the mid season break, since they had both championships all but locked up. Going to take a lot to unseed the 6x champs and the goat.
Appreciate 2
      12-12-2019, 03:03 AM   #8
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
1930
Rep
2,542
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Ferrari can achieve it , but only if they can hide the Jet-Mode
I've seen the Honda engine configuration and I'm impressed but surprised they even showed it at all, much slimmer 'hips' now
Appreciate 1
      12-12-2019, 07:16 AM   #9
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
19176
Rep
11,598
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
I've seen the Honda engine configuration and I'm impressed but surprised they even showed it at all, much slimmer 'hips' now
"We believe next year we won't be third." => https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...cedes/4554595/

Red Bull keeps everything covered with smoke...
Attached Images
 
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      12-12-2019, 07:50 AM   #10
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
1930
Rep
2,542
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
"We believe next year we won't be third." => https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...cedes/4554595/

Red Bull keeps everything covered with smoke...
I'm sure you've seen the config but if not go to where I suggested before
Appreciate 1
      12-12-2019, 09:26 AM   #11
Mintsopoulos
Private First Class
Mintsopoulos's Avatar
United_States
153
Rep
166
Posts

Drives: '15 MW F80 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Im sure itll be another Ferrari/Merc dominate year. 2021 is when things should get interesting...."should"
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 10:27 AM   #12
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
1930
Rep
2,542
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsopoulos View Post
Im sure itll be another Ferrari/Merc dominate year. 2021 is when things should get interesting...."should"
I think RB will have a say in that.
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2019, 08:41 AM   #13
msk340i
Lieutenant
357
Rep
473
Posts

Drives: 340i M sport
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Orlando, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Ferrari can achieve it , but only if they can hide the Jet-Mode
Louis Camilleri has a response for you: "We are Ferrari. We are a company quoted on the stock exchange. Why would we give credibility to a 22 year old kid? "
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2019, 12:24 PM   #14
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
19176
Rep
11,598
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
Louis Camilleri has a response for you: "We are Ferrari. We are a company quoted on the stock exchange. Why would we give credibility to a 22 year old kid? "
I saw the article . Louise Camilleri would also love to get the driver skills from that 22 year old kid in his Ferrari driver seat , called MAX .
While Binotto has also a 22 year old kid in his own team with the name Charles Leclerc .

The complain versus Ferrari came in the first place from Merc and later also from Red Bull .

But the first words came from Lewis , because Lewis was butt-hurt in Monza and Spa-Francorchamps by the Ferrari Jet-Mode .

Quoting@LewisHamilton : The Ferrari pace and top-speed is unreal . It looks like they have a Jet-Mode !

There were also Ferrari rumours about a grapefruit and strawberry smell...
=> https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/3...uel-smells-of/
=>https://f1-insider.com/en/formula1/f...gasoline-2019/

One driver had the balls to talk open in the media about the whole situation and that was MAX.
And it was justly. Because the FIA eyes stayed shut ....But Merc was in the game as well by the tyre cooling innovation .

Amen...
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2019, 12:32 PM   #15
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
1930
Rep
2,542
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I saw the article . Louise Camilleri would also love to get the driver skills from that 22 year old kid in his Ferrari driver seat , called MAX .
While Binotto has also a 22 year old kid in his own team with the name Charles Leclerc .

The complain versus Ferrari came in the first place from Merc and later also from Red Bull .

But the first words came from Lewis , because Lewis was butt-hurt in Monza and Spa-Francorchamps by the Ferrari Jet-Mode .

Quoting@LewisHamilton : The Ferrari pace and top-speed is unreal . It looks like they have a Jet-Mode !

There were also Ferrari rumours about a grapefruit and strawberry smell...
=> https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/3...uel-smells-of/
=>https://f1-insider.com/en/formula1/f...gasoline-2019/

One driver had the balls to talk open in the media about the whole situation and that was MAX.
And it was justly. Because the FIA eyes stayed shut ....But Merc was in the game as well by the tyre cooling innovation .

Amen...
In the dock were:Mercedes and Ferrari but the JUDGE had eyes on a hidden smart phone with his 'instructions'...
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2019, 01:07 PM   #16
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
19176
Rep
11,598
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
In the dock were:Mercedes and Ferrari but the JUDGE had eyes on a hidden smart phone with his 'instructions'...
Yeah. And this
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2019.pdf (314.6 KB, 60 views)
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2019, 01:11 PM   #17
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
1930
Rep
2,542
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yeah. And this ....
I have always thought it's more than FIA,it's something else there otherwise in the name of sportsmanship and fairness why?
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2019, 03:28 PM   #18
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
The Wind Breezes's Avatar
845
Rep
1,856
Posts

Drives: 135i N55 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

2020 F1, let's see...massive expenditures, boring races, mostly uncompetitive teams who have no chance of winning. We can guarantee that.

Aside from a brief blip during the 80s turbo era F1 has been boring since the days of Jim Clark when the cars were loose and extremely dangerous.

How to make F1 great again? Make everyone race spec lotus 49, and put the Nordschleife back in the schedule.
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2019, 03:36 PM   #19
wdb
dances with roads
wdb's Avatar
United_States
1727
Rep
2,591
Posts

Drives: '07 Z4MC, '07 E93 328i
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: the perimeter

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
Aside from a brief blip during the 80s turbo era F1 has been boring since the days of Jim Clark when the cars were loose and extremely dangerous.
The Cosworth DFV cars made for pretty interesting racing. Lord Hesketh, Shadow, and other teams of that era put on a good show.
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2019, 03:50 PM   #20
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
19176
Rep
11,598
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
2020 F1, let's see...massive expenditures, boring races, mostly uncompetitive teams who have no chance of winning. We can guarantee that.



How to make F1 great again?
Mate , MAX is in 2020 somewhere out there....
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2019, 04:01 PM   #21
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
1930
Rep
2,542
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
2020 F1, let's see...massive expenditures, boring races, mostly uncompetitive teams who have no chance of winning. We can guarantee that.

Aside from a brief blip during the 80s turbo era F1 has been boring since the days of Jim Clark when the cars were loose and extremely dangerous.

How to make F1 great again? Make everyone race spec lotus 49, and put the Nordschleife back in the schedule.
Having the old Nurburgring back would be a great challenge for the drivers though I think it's just too big a track to accommodate all of the current safety rules.
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2019, 05:55 PM   #22
M5theonlyone
Colonel
United Kingdom
1930
Rep
2,542
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yeah. And this
If there were doubts on Ferrari's side then they could have appealed but I suppose its difficult to prove that their measurement said such and such a fuel reading at a particular time.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST