XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

04-15-2012, 02:39 AM   #1
Kanuc
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6M Melbourne Red

Question Rust on running boards

I have rust spots on the running boards. Have read that this is due to brake dust getting on the boards and then the dust itself rusting.

I found this solution on another board. Any thoughts?

"I have been plagued by the rust spots on the running boards. I have polished them used various cleaners to no avail. I am a regular detailer of all my vehicles and others. Anyway I have found an excellent solution. I tried a product made by C.Quartz called IronX. Spray it on the running boards and when it comes into contact with the iron(oxides) it reacts with the iron particles and will turn purple and disolves the iron. Works like a charm as advertised and is not harmful to paint (follow instructions). You can also use it on the paint to remove iron particles from the body work as a pre-treatment to claying. Sure beats my old method of polishing them off. I am in no way affiliated with this product just passing along some info."
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
zerrantoss
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6

Good find. I also have this problem.
Will try it out!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #3
Kanuc
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6M Melbourne Red

I've ordered the IronX product and will post the outcome. You Tube videos look promising.
Appreciate 0