XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > X5 Members Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys

03-23-2015, 06:04 PM   #1
BMWX54SFV
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 Black on Black

BMW IPhone 5 Cradle Adapter Media Model

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 75.00
Shipping Costs Included

Item Interest
Phone Adapter for BMW cradle. This is the one for all media and originally costs $250 from BMW.
Fits IPhone 5, 5 S or any 5 series phone. I upgraded to a 6 so it will not fit. Will ship to all USA Continental States Free insured.
This was bought new when I bought my BMW X5 in July and the phone was in this cradle three times.
Asking half of what I paid for it. A steal at $75. Will ship to your door for flat $10. You can call me at 508-962-3267

Attached Images

Last edited by BMWX54SFV; 03-27-2015 at 09:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 11:04 AM   #2
Gatoferoz25
BeastM3r
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 COMP

What's the purpose on this item ?
What it does besides charging the phone ?
      03-30-2015, 09:07 AM   #3
BMWX54SFV
Private
Rep

Hi and thanks for your inquiry. It significantly increases the distance in reception quality as it uses the exterior car antenna. It also integrates with the car for all media.
For convenience it is a "home" for the phone. You do not need it to get your text messages on your screen as this can be accomplished through the USB port but you would not get video (when it becomes available) from the USB but will from this snap in adapter.

Here is the description on the BMW web page:

BMW APPLE IPHONE MEDIA / BMW APPS VERSION SNAP IN ADAPTERS
This adapter is for vehicles equipped with the Smart Phone Integration or BMW APPS factory options. For vehicles with Smart Phone Integration, this adapter not only charges the phone, but allows access to any music or MP3 files stored on the phone. In addition, it provides a connection to the roof mounted telephone antenna on your car for improved cellular reception. For vehicles with BMW APPS, this adapter is required to fully utilize all features of this option. In addition to the great features noted for Smart Phone integration, it allows you to use the “PlugIn” as well as the “Video Playback” features. To ensure a phone is supported and compatible with the vehicle, refer to the list of tested phones available at http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...oothTechnology
Only applicable to vehicles produced after 9/2010 and equipped with either Smart Phone Integration (option code 6NF) or BMW APPS (option code 6NR). BMW Apps compatible with IPhones 4, 4S, 5 and 5S

Last edited by BMWX54SFV; 03-30-2015 at 09:18 AM..
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2015, 01:38 PM   #4
Gatoferoz25
BeastM3r
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 COMP

Gotcha but where this connect to cuze I'm looking in my middle compartment and I do not c any wires or connection points thanks a lot
      03-30-2015, 06:16 PM   #5
BMWX54SFV
Private
Rep

Apparently you do not have the Iphone BMW Apps option. If you do not have the cradle this will not work. Thanks cuz
Appreciate 0