XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

07-26-2020, 11:29 AM   #133
Konradical6
Rep
Drives: E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbu001 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konradical6 View Post
Anyone factory reset their unit? My is from 4x4 shop and I'm waiting for their tech to respond but figured I'd ask here.

I still had issues with some freezing on the BT screen And couldn't figure it out so I did the factory reset on the android. The BT connects now but some of the apps disappeared and some are in Chinese.

I used the apk installer app to install zlink back as it was missing but it says now it's not registered/activated and some of the writing is in Chinese, anyone experience this?
I did the factory reset on the instruction of the Seller. Thankfully that did not kill the Zlink app. In fact it did not anything I think. Everything looked the same. The problems were still there. Also to activate the Zlink, I figured out accidentally that you connect the android to your phone hotspot so that it has a internet connection and press the about or activate or some button and it said activated. This did not help with my initial problems but my error message never said NOt Activated.
Thanks for your reply. Yea that worked connecting it to WiFi. Everything else works pretty well for me even the sound. The navigation sound from google maps seemed off but was fixed when in the google app I lowered the voice volume.

Btw anyone know how to get this new UI skin on? I have the android 10 unit from 4x4shop and there's no option after id7. I think it's called custom UI GS? Seems like the AVIN people get it with their units?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-26-2020, 10:01 PM   #134
Konradical6
Rep

Quote:
Carplay - dunno what happened. But wireless CarPlay works perfectly now after 2 weeks. Fingers crossed. No more just working in the morning and once a day only.

In the first 2 weeks I did order the usb dongle out of frustration. But it needed another app and not android auto so it did not work straight out of the box. I just returned it feeling even more pissed.

Since you got the dongle I'm wondering if there's less lag and delays vs connecting it wirelessly for carplay, thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 09:00 AM   #135
Bilbofraggins
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6M, 2019 X3 M40I

I have been away for two weeks...now in quarantine for the next two...The good news is my head-unit 720P with Carplay...finally showed-up...(the unit was refunded by AliE - same as half a dozen other other purchases...some of which actually showed up also).

Amazing to see the install journeys reflected here.....I will be reviewing of course...and rounding up parts that may be needed to install to best effect.....my first ever such install.

Thanks again for all the input on this thread...
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 09:38 AM   #136
Bilbofraggins
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by argento View Post
1. I would use your car's microphone. IF it doesn't work, then you can use supplied. I didn't get a microphone in my package...but I haven't confirmed a phone call yet...car's been in the garage since Mar, with drives in the neighborhood every week or so to get to temp.
2. I think it depends on whether you got the optional wireless carplay. If you didn't, then you need the carplay dongle connected to USB. With wireless, and iOS, there is an app in the monitor called ZLink...and I set it to open each time phone is connected via BT.
3. I received that antenna and I thought it was for the TV option I ordered (and didn't install). It's not required for nominal usage...at least I didn't need it.
Great info Argento/Jvirgi....

So right now, as I start this - all I need is a better 4ft Aux cable....and a GPS Splitter...(any links to the latter)....My intent is two pass this off to a pro with a few install notes...gathered from you guys...Mine is wireless carplay model...

Are these a suitable GPS splitter option?

https://www.amazon.ca/Koason-Antenna...6474880&sr=8-1

or

https://www.amazon.ca/Dasunny-Coaxia...TF8&pd_rd_i=B0

Last edited by Bilbofraggins; 08-03-2020 at 12:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 09:43 AM   #137
Bilbofraggins
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Oh well. My order did not ship and the processing time expired.
Bilboftaggins - where are you thinking of ordering from? Tempted to just order from 4x4 Shop. Any other suggestions from others?
Mine did show...If I was to reorder...and after this probably will for an F25 X3....will probably go with 4x4 shop....

A similar 720P unit with wireless carplay is $1007 (+tax for us) Canadian today...including a GPS splitter

My Ali version was 600 Can (refunded) and 43 bucks customs fees...
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:43 AM   #138
Konradical6
Rep

So the unit has been working flawlessly until today I started the car and noticed the boot logo didn't come up for android just said no signal on android side, oem side was working fine. Couldn't do anything on android side even after shutting off the car and back on. It only seemed to comeback to normal after I shut off the car for over a minute and restarted it, anyone have this happen?
Appreciate 0