XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

01-16-2019, 01:26 PM   #1
urabus040
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X6 I35

Garage List
2014 BMW X6  [0.00]
unlocked dme and MHD--car wont run HELP !!

had the dme unlocked and then flashed with stage 2 (not +) and car idles rough after stepping down to stage 1 then zero, no improvements, hardly any power when taken for test drive. After parking and stepping down in maps car will run 30 sec then stall out. I'm really lost here. Ive checked fuses under dash and in trunk IDK if there are more hidden some where ?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 07:27 AM   #2
jinuwin
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 GTS / E71 X6 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabus040 View Post
had the dme unlocked and then flashed with stage 2 (not +) and car idles rough after stepping down to stage 1 then zero, no improvements, hardly any power when taken for test drive. After parking and stepping down in maps car will run 30 sec then stall out. I'm really lost here. Ive checked fuses under dash and in trunk IDK if there are more hidden some where ?
Maybe a sign of your car misfiring? That happen to me when I first flashed. A CEL popped up a few days later with misfire codes due to worn sparks/coils. No improvement switching between stages. A flash only accelerates the wear on your ignition.

See if a CEL pops up after driving a little bit.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 03:28 AM   #3
urabus040
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW X6  [0.00]
When i first got everything back together i guess i had two plugs in the wrong spot, got the car to start,but it ran awful, got numerous codes, misfire on all 6 cyl, grounding errors to B+, and lots more, I'd clear codes and then get new ones, currently, if the MAF is not hooked up it runs fine enough to get me to work and home, IF i do hook it back up the idle is all over the place, rmp drops to almost stall, then jumps back up. I've been in contact with the guy who did the dme unlock but not sure if he got tired of me asking questions as he's stopped responding, and I've contacted MHD but have heard nothing. So right now it runs, but not near the power I should have, I have a new MAF sensor coming today, as I was told i may have fried it when the plugs got crossed, oh yeah and the sounds from the dash warnings lime key in ignition, doesn't work and my i drive, nav, and radio work but i have no sound lol FML
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 01:05 PM   #4
urabus040
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW X6  [0.00]
so got new MAF sensor and same issue, i plug it in and the car runs like crap. now i've been
getting a 32E3-EWS-DME interface hardware fault error on the MHD platform. I've tried contacting the guy who did my DME unlock and he is unresponsive, I've only gotten one email from MHD them selves, which i've tried and didnt work. Has anyone had trouble adapting the MHD to the car ? I have kept screen shots off all my errors. My car runs but no where near the stock power. oh yeah and go the radio to work again.

Last edited by urabus040; 01-20-2019 at 01:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2019, 08:03 AM   #5
jinuwin
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 GTS / E71 X6 35i

Maybe bring it into a professional tuner to take a look?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2019, 09:14 AM   #6
urabus040
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW X6  [0.00]
Ive been checking ebay for a second mevd1726 but they all need to have
Orginal and the replacement with a key fob and the CAS(?) For cloning and unlocking
What i am seeing though is x5's which i think are compatible. I just dont know if that CAS is where the key inserts to or if its a whole other module. The car runs its just odd that it runs without the MAF sensor disconnected, and like crap when it is and ive replaced the MAF
Appreciate 0