XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

11-13-2020, 08:21 PM   #1
cm15
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 white X5

Name the connector

I finished a valve cover on a e70 n55 and found this connector, no idea where it connects too. Any help would be much appreciated! Part of the harness leads to the ac compressor, the other half leads towards the back of the egine.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 04:27 PM   #2
asdf4fdsa
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 e70 lci 35i

I have something that looks like that dangling in my engine bay around the same area as well on my 35i. The grey metal clip also looks the same. It could be the connector to the hydraulic pump for active steering, for the eco control, and I don't have active steering.

I'm about to do the VC, does it really require getting down that deep and taking the intake manifold off?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2020, 06:07 AM   #3
randrews15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3 Le Mans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf4fdsa View Post
I have something that looks like that dangling in my engine bay around the same area as well on my 35i. The grey metal clip also looks the same. It could be the connector to the hydraulic pump for active steering, for the eco control, and I don't have active steering.

I'm about to do the VC, does it really require getting down that deep and taking the intake manifold off?
The VC does not require the removal of the intake manifold, but it will require the removal of the injector lines as well as most of the stuff on the left side of the engine. Lots of YouTube videos that can help as a tutorial.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 10:42 AM   #4
asdf4fdsa
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 e70 lci 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by randrews15 View Post
The VC does not require the removal of the intake manifold, but it will require the removal of the injector lines as well as most of the stuff on the left side of the engine. Lots of YouTube videos that can help as a tutorial.
Thanks! A few hours time, and finished up. Hardest part was getting to the firewall bolt, had a u-joint to help.
Appreciate 0