XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

06-17-2022, 12:36 PM   #1
nodemgr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP Coupe 6MT

Does KW V3 fix all the issues with lowering?

Hi All,

I've been looking through threads and there seem to be issues with lowering using shorter springs(I have H&R 1.2, ride is stiff), shorter shocks(Bilstein - harsh ride), budget coilovers(BC racing - poor performance).

Does anyone have the KW V3 and can confirm they fix all of that? I'm trying to decide if it makes sense to shell out $3k+.

I have 35i with sport suspension settings, so I have the factory sport shocks. I lowered on H&R 1.2 drop springs and it handles amazingly, but it's just too rough (and bouncy for passengers, maybe worn shocks or just out of shock effective range) and feels like it bottoms out/crashes over harsh bumps. I used stock bump stops, so I'm thinking about trying the M5 bump stops to see if that makes a difference.

Perhaps I can't eat my cake in this case...it's just physics?
Appreciate 0